Page 117 of 750 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217617 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    They were on "the universe is gone, no point in killing you" terms.

They weren't chummy in Avengers when Namor started attacking Roxxon facilities either.

I'll agree with you that at the end of Secret Wars, the truce they had between them was almost certainly more out of practicality than friendship. Nonetheless, I did sense a certain. ... chemisty between them. So I think it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    OMG, I found a storm fan I like.

First off, ahhhh David Liss, how I miss thee. T'challa thinking and analyzing mid battle, T'challa was the mild arrogance, T'challa 6 hitter combo...

Bast, why are you testing us with Coates? Haven't we always been loyal to you!

More importantly,

I've always wondered where Liss was going with that line about being peak human there. Is it he simply forgot he wasn't enhanced by Bast anymore? Does the HSH/Bast make you peak human + a little extra? Did T'challa take it for so long he kept some of the effects? Was it just a cool ass line lol?

T'challa's pure feats during the Liss era are some of his best quickness and agility feats he has in the comics period. And without the BP title. Is this just good ol' fashion typical MU comic power level issues where everything from Widow to Captain America is the same and you really don't get a true level up til Spider-Man?

You could say "HSH makes you super human" but there are no consistent feats to support that.

Sigh... I miss talking Black Panther nerd stuff lol.
    From what I understand (and other Panther fans here can help me out)

Tchalla completely without the herb =peak human
    Tchalla with the herb =meta human
    Tchalla with Bast's powerup =Superhiman

Does anyone have the quote about this that Hickman or liss did?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

I believe it was on Hickman's blog where he stated that KoTD made him a little bit stronger, it mostly gave him knowledge even though we didn't get to really see that.

OMG, I found a storm fan I like.

First off, ahhhh David Liss, how I miss thee. T'challa thinking and analyzing mid battle, T'challa was the mild arrogance, T'challa 6 hitter combo...

Bast, why are you testing us with Coates? Haven't we always been loyal to you!

More importantly,

I've always wondered where Liss was going with that line about being peak human there. Is it he simply forgot he wasn't enhanced by Bast anymore?Does the HSH/Bast make you peak human + a little extra? Did T'challa take it for so long he kept some of the effects? Was it just a cool ass line lol?

T'challa's pure feats during the Liss era are some of his best quickness and agility feats he has in the comics period. And without the BP title. Is this just good ol' fashion typical MU comic power level issues where everything from Widow to Captain America is the same and you really don't get a true level up til Spider-Man?

You could say "HSH makes you super human" but there are no consistent feats to support that.

Sigh... I miss talking Black Panther nerd stuff lol.
    He was given the option to keep T'Challa depowered or to give him his powers back.

One of the first decisions I got to make was whether to depower him: Does he get to keep his Black Panther powers? I decided to take everything — take his money, take his power. To me, the interesting thing was, here’s this guy who has all these abilities, all these resources and all this political power. If you strip all that away, what do you get? Narratively, I liked the idea of someone used to having a great deal of authority being brought to his lowest point and clawing his way back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I believe it was on Hickman's blog where he stated that KoTD made him a little bit stronger, it mostly gave him knowledge even though we didn't get to really see that.
    Yes, hickman said super human. Feats say "same as he always has been though"

Just different nomenclature that isn't properly defined. On rumble boards, it all gets thrown under "comic book peak human" until you get to Spider-Man tier.

I really really really hope the MCU keeps the tiers of power really defined like they have. I'm afraid with normal humans like Widow and Shang getting movies that we might start to see that power creep and that "trained human" and "HSH/SSS" tiers start to blend.

He was given the option to keep T'Challa depowered or to give him his powers back.
    and yet had him do stuff like this:

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    What book is that page of T'Challa and Namor laughing from?

I miss Namor and Panther being friends. I hate how Marvel always wants their heroes to become bitter enemies. I would kill to see and Panther, Namor & Dr Strange team book, like a Secret Defenders or something.
    Hickmans New Avengers. I don't remember the issue but it's right before they fight the great society (a justice league analogue)

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, as much as I love Hudlins last arch on BP I do have to sort of shed a tear for that putting an end to the Doom/Namor/T'Challa king club which Priest established. That had so much potential. But DOom War and AvX sort of killed that.

Though you never know. Maybe down the line writers will decide to revisit it.
    I'm more bothered that Hudlin didn't get to finish his set up and HIS version of doomwar and the event that would of followed suit instead of the trash we got from Mayberry

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    simulations are meant to be the real thing though. if this trail given by njadaka was something anyone could achieve tchalla wouldnt have obtained the idolatry and praise he did from the wakandan galatic people. I think in your analysis you are ignoring this detail.
    Simulations are just that, simulations, just like in real life, they prepare you for the real thing but they don't account for alot of other factors, and being realistic, T'Challa would prep for a battle against all of those enemies, he wouldn't come in swinging around a jet pack, the akin to an old lady swinging her purse around with abandon, as his go to strategy if that was supposed to be "the real thing". That fight (can barely even call it that) showcased Zero strategy, h2h prowess, prep, tech feats, or really anything that could be considered a feat. In fact, it was so pathetic that really anyone could achieve the praise T'Challa got because they could easily replicate such a simplistic strategy that Coates initiated. So try again

Yes, hickman said super human. Feats say "same as he always has been though"

Just different nomenclature that isn't properly defined. On rumble boards, it all gets thrown under "comic book peak human" until you get to Spider-Man tier.

I really really really hope the MCU keeps the tiers of power really defined like they have. I'm afraid with normal humans like Widow and Shang getting movies that we might start to see that power creep and that "trained human" and "HSH/SSS" tiers start to blend.

and yet had him do stuff like this:

I really don't think that Liss' 2 year run gets the appreciation that it deserves. We had a T'Challa with a characterization more aligned with previous runs and with half the time that Coates' has had, given T'Challa more feats during his run compared to the last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'll agree with you that at the end of Secret Wars, the truce they had between them was almost certainly more out of practicality than friendship. Nonetheless, I did sense a certain. ... chemisty between them. So I think it's possible.
    Except no considering thst in JAs Avengers when the team confronted Namor he attacks T'Challa and still blames him for the destruction of Atlantis. So I doubt there is any chemistry since it hasn't been forgotten

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Except no considering thst in JAs Avengers when the team confronted Namor he attacks T'Challa and still blames him for the destruction of Atlantis. So I doubt there is any chemistry since it hasn't been forgotten
    Well Jason Aaron was implying that Namor was under an external influence. The only other interaction between them was during Secret Empire against Hydra Cap.
    "Cable was right!"

I really don't think that Liss' 2 year run gets the appreciation that it deserves. We had a T'Challa with a characterization more aligned with previous runs and with half the time that Coates' has had, given T'Challa more feats during his run compared to the last 4 years.
    Dude, we love David Liss in this thread.

Most Dangerous Man Alive puts anything Coates has done to shame. He even brought in help and BP was still the one to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Namor isn't in his right mind in Avengers and Invaders though, so that might not be a fair barameter of how he feels about T'Challa.

Liss run is similar to Priests. It didn't get the appreciation it deserved when the book was actually around... but it does after the fact.

I still say Liss run was the best since Priest. No other BP writer got as close to writing a Priest version of BP as Liss.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

sorry, I know I am late. But I just read the lastest issue of Black Panther and I'm confused. Black Panther (T'Challa ) WASN'T EVEN IN THE BOOK AT ALL!

I get giving an issue to another character (like Jason Aaron did to Gorr in the Thor: the godbutcher), but this is ridiculous.

This whole Storm is the new god of Wakanda nonsense is too much to take.

What's the point of reading this comic any more? Why bother?

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Coates is HORRIBLE!!! Why is this person writing the Black Panther comics?

I'm starting to think the "Endgame" is for him to finish his run with Orro being the "New Black Panther".

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Coates is HORRIBLE!!! Why is this person writing the Black Panther comics?
    Because he's a "black intellectual" that makes Marvel look woke for hiring him to write THE black hero of comics.

I'm starting to think the "Endgame" is for him to finish his run with Orro being the "New Black Panther".
    This wouldn't be surprising in the least. This story earlier on was about gods and NuKillmonger wanting to achieve god status. It won't surprise me if Killmonger and the symbiote do achieve god status with the power NuKillmonger stole from Bast (assuming Coates remembers that) followed by the return of god Storm from season 2 to save the day again with her as Wakanda's new patron deity since Bast and the Orisha aren't of any use.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 02-27-2020 at 06:17 PM.