Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
It originally started about criticism over Shuri at her creation and how she could of been her own character with a clearly defined powerset and role that we would not have the mess that is comics Shuri and MCU Shuri being so completely different which caused the weird transition in the comics.
I guess I differ from most here then: I felt she was always her own character compared to T’Challa. Only similarities to T’Challa is being a highly trained and educated monarch that can fight. The similarities stop there imho.

As for MCU Shuri, that is entirely the MCU’s doing. Shuri’s power set was on panel since the Coates run, where the difference really sprung out, and she was never a top tier genius at any point prior to the MCU. Filming for the BP movie happened a year later. Besides, who’s to say that MCU Shuri won’t become similar to her comic book version as she gets older? She’s only 18 years old as of Infinity War. She has a long ways to go as far as growth is concerned.

So many folks wanted Comics Shuri to do her own thing and she’s been doing it since she came back from the dead. That was four years ago. She verbally rejected ruling Wakanda and/or the mantle twice since then. I’m not sure what else has to happen for people to finally accept she’s her own person/character/etc.