Page 27 of 750 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127527 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    It might be in reference to the last Iron heart story were Riri & Shuri became friends.

Has Coates given T'Challa credit for restoring the whole Marvel Universe using the infinity gem yet in his 4 yr run so far? I ask because Coates has mentioned Doomwar, AvX, and Morlun till we're blue in the face.
    The closest I remember is BP and the crew where he had T'Challa state he wielded absolute power in his hands abd could alter reality abd rhe heavens... but was too afraid to restore his marriage.

Yeah I know iron heart had a little arc ib Wakanda but this BPs book. It would make sense if a Shuri book was going on but it makes no sense for her to be fighting an invasion in Wakanda right bow for multiple reasons. Plus I thought it was mentioned at some point that Coates BP take place before SE
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 01-18-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The closest I remember is BP and the crew where he had T'Challa state he wielded absolute power in his hands abd could alter reality abd rhe heavens... but was too afraid to restore his marriage.

Yeah I know iron heart had a little arc ib Wakanda but this BPs book. It would make sense if a Shuri book was going on but it makes no sense for her to be fighting an invasion in Wakanda right bow for multiple reasons. Plus I thought it was mentioned at some point that Coates BP take place before SE
    She's all the way in now. Practically has duel citizenship. Waiting Saladin to do it for Miles.

Tchalla mentions Krakoa one or two issues ago. We're caught up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Just don't try to explain how this run fits in with Avengers and AoW. You'll sprain your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Just don't try to explain how this run fits in with Avengers and AoW. You'll sprain your brain.
    Neither of them has mentioned Krakoa yet. We'll see what happens when Empyre rolls around. Especially since FF and Xmen are crossing over soon.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

So, Coates has done it in a side book, but not the main title. I guess because it would get in the way of his cynicism, negativity, and BP bashing. Ohh, Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    So, Coates has done it in a side book, but not the main title. I guess because it would get in the way of his cynicism, negativity, and BP bashing. Ohh, Coates.
    No, he kept it going in the side book too. Everyone got a moment to shine except for BP and Misty(not 100% sure on Misty)

No, he kept it going in the side book too. Everyone got a moment to shine except for BP and Misty(not 100% sure on Misty)
    She did in issue 1. And speaking of the Crew, what was the point of Zenzi being involved in the final issue?

Look! Look at all the shade!

I mean, the lesson that not everything is controllable is true (although it was taught better in f'n KUNG FU PANDA), but in context, what I'm hearing is "You know that T'challa you like? The one who plans for everything? He's WRONG to do so!"

Meh.

ETA: Also, there's a double post in those last pages. I can't tell if a page is missing.
    There's always some kind of lesson for T'Challa to learn.

"Everything you've done is wrong. Even though you have defended and protected Wakanda, it's still wrong."

This is the lesson of Coates. T'Challa has been a King of Nothing.

She's all the way in now. Practically has duel citizenship. Waiting Saladin to do it for Miles.

Tom Foster is an honorary Wakandan too. No one ever mentions it and he hasn't set foot in Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

"Everything you've done is wrong. Even though you have defended and protected Wakanda, it's still wrong."

And this is why I find it harder and harder to care. I'm weary of Coates' preachy pretentious prattle.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

And this is why I find it harder and harder to care. I'm weary of Coates' preachy pretentious prattle.
    Coates writing is very Pretentious

Nah Misty got shine in issues 1 and part of 2 i believe with Storm. T'Challa talks about being too afraid to repair his marriage, follows Storm like a puppy and trying to get validation from her, and gets scolded by an old lady in his issue. On top of that, BP and the crew contradicts S1 with Zenzi and the Crew

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    She did in issue 1. And speaking of the Crew, what was the point of Zenzi being involved in the final issue?
    Establish it as a prequel to the start of the solo.

Tom Foster is an honorary Wakandan too. No one ever mentions it and he hasn't set foot in Wakanda.
    I remeber Tchalla offering to help with education? But the last I saw of him was in War of the Realms. When did

"everything you have done is wrong, even things that were right and just are wrong (MA going on a murder spree of the jabari) even when you do the 'right thing' for the traitor's of the nation your still wrong. You were wrong for things that had to do with your ancestors, and you were wrong for sending out Wakandans to space, even though that again has nothing to do with you."

Coates will pull superhuman level gymnastics to tell us and T'Challa how wrong he is and how smart Coates is (which ironically shows a lack of intelligence)