Page 183 of 750 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283683 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    That’s a badass cover. Wish the whole background was full of the previous Black Panthers watching T’Challa and Killmonger fight. Otherwise though it’s great.
    Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    With Coates’ run coming to an end, will Marvel put the series on hold due to Covid or give us a new creative team and keep it rolling?
    Nah, the series is on hold anyway until distribution gets up and running again. Once Marvel and DC figure that out, BP will continue. The current pause gives Marvel plenty of time to figure out where to go next if they need the time, but I’m expecting they’ve already had the next team lined up and were waiting until this month’s solicitations (are those even still coming?) to announce who is up next. I’m expecting another relaunch given the low sales at the moment though. But I don’t think Marvel will put the series on hold with BP2 still in the pipeline and on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's gotta be done right, otherwise T'Challa Looks like a bum (like he does in Coates run Currently) it's gotta be a clean beard, sharp with a clean shape up to go with it..
    I still miss the Avery Brooks look. It _always_ looks badass

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    With Coates’ run coming to an end, will Marvel put the series on hold due to Covid or give us a new creative team and keep it rolling?
    Marvel's pretty much put _everything_ on hold. Although I'm sure a new series will be out by the time of the next movie.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    The Black Panther really needs his own editorial office like all the other A-list franchise intellectual properties...

So says 1.3 Billion Dollars!

Batman... Spiderman... Hellboy... Yes, even Hellboy has his own CBR forum section all to himself and has never seen 1 billion solo at the box office!

Somewhere out there is a true fanbase ready to be served but it needs a more clear direction rather than tossing things at the wall to see what sticks!

The next time Black Panther generates revenue in any genre be it movies, cartoons, comics or video games it should be on purpose and not happenstance!

I'm not sure too many of the marvel A list solo character franchise properties have their own editorial office. Maybe down the line if he really blows up, but the way comics are now I'm not sure it's possible for anyone to really blow up anymore.

That said, he possibly could sustain his own forum section. This thread gets a lot of traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not sure too many of the marvel A list solo character franchise properties have their own editorial office. Maybe down the line if he really blows up, but the way comics are now I'm not sure it's possible for anyone to really blow up anymore.

That said, he possibly could sustain his own forum section. This thread gets a lot of traffic.
    I'm actually of the opposite opinion. I think there are too many forums as it is. With the way the various franchises interact, we often have two or more threads in different places covering the same story. But I suspect it is too late to close _that_ particular barn door.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

T'Challa does not stand out at all in this image
    Literally everyone else feels more attention grabbing then him.. which matches with the entire series
    I'm not sure I understand this criticism. He's literally front and center. If anything, it feels like it's an homage to the final fight in the movie. Is your thought that Coates is to blame for the cover or all of Marvel in your view?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm not sure I understand this criticism. He's literally front and center. If anything, it feels like it's an homage to the final fight in the movie. Is your thought that Coates is to blame for the cover or all of Marvel in your view?
    The only thing I really don't like about it is that awful Killmonger design. MCU synergy is obvious with it, which is fine. But he just looks way too unrecognisable as a symbiote carrying villain and it doesn't look very original anymore. But I guess I understand where Ezyo is coming from. T'Challa looks a bit too slender and elegant on the cover.

Maybe becuae Tchalla is gunmetal black, versus the colors in the background. The eyes are attracted to the colores and Tchalla is basically an like shadow. Other characters have a little bit of color to give them detail. This would gave been a good cover to add the accents on the purple charging feature.
    Last edited by Cville; 04-05-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Yes he is front and center however, when looking at the cover, my eyes do not go to T'Challa first, literally everyone else in the cover stand out more and grab your attention. And no I wasn't blaming Coates for the cover, I was however, saying that this particular cover, like Coates entire series to me has everyone else on the cover grabbing attention first before T'Challa. It doesn't matter if something is front and center if they don't have a commanding presence that demands your attention. Thats how the cover comes off and that is how T'Challa has been in this series, of not sometimes just a complete after thought and there because his name's on the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The only thing I really don't like about it is that awful Killmonger design. MCU synergy is obvious with it, which is fine. But he just looks way too unrecognisable as a symbiote carrying villain and it doesn't look very original anymore. But I guess I understand where Ezyo is coming from. T'Challa looks a bit too slender and elegant on the cover.
    I agree with this as well. It's very frustrating how this entire mythos has a rich mythos and tapestry to draw from abd we are met with lame unoriginal upgrades or plot devices added to the story. I can think of multiple different ways to power Erik up and make him a threat that doesn't require a symbiote rip off. To me it really feels like everything is an afterthought to Coates Message ™ .

And Yeah T'Challa looks slender and non-imposing. He doesn't have a commanding presence

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Maybe becuae Tchalla is gunmetal black, versus the colors in the background. The eyes are attracted to the colores and Tchalla is basically an like shadow. Other characters have a little bit of color to give them detail. This would gave been a good cover to add the accents on the purple charging feature.
    You can argue he actually stands out more, because his black outfit in in direct contrast to the white of Storms hair and the lightning. Surrounded by pure white, black actually pops.

I'll agree I'm not loving Killmongers design... that said I don't think I've loved ANY of killmongers designs (outside of him wearing T'Challs suit). Him standing there shirtless wouldn't necessarily make me love it anymore.

Someone really should try and work on giving Killmonger a cooler outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You can argue he actually stands out more, because his black outfit in in direct contrast to the white of Storms hair and the lightning. Surrounded by pure white, black actually pops.
    Not really, the attention goes every where else and it feels lazy how little his presence is

Not really, the attention goes every where else and it feels lazy how little his presence is
    Eh... I'm say my attention was more drawn to him in combat than everyone else just standing there staring off at something in the distance.

My attention is more drawn to the aurora in the upper right corner then follows the white.

I'd argue that makes a lot of sense for a guy whose animal motif is a panther. Plus he's wearing black, a color that tends to make people look slimmer than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd argue that makes a lot of sense for a guy whose animal motif is a panther. Plus he's wearing black, a color that tends to make people look slimmer than they are.
    Honestly I think people are being a bit nitpicky about this cover. As covers go, this is flat out gorgeous. It's art.

When all is said and done, I'll wager it'll look cooler than 99.99% of the other covers coming out that week.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-06-2020 at 08:00 AM.