Page 625 of 750 FirstFirst ... 125525575615621622623624625626627628629635675725 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 11243

AND THE CROWD GOES LUKE WARM!!! lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm already prepared to be disappointed. Just hope that it ends in a way that gives the next creative team a clean slate. Or they could just ignore the entire Coatesverse, that works much better.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I'm already prepared to be disappointed.
    Can't be disappointed if you have zero expectations lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As with T'Challa and Storm regarding their relationship...I have already moved on.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don't like T'Challa having teleportation tech. He's the most agile martial artist in the MU, he should be relying exclusively on that in the field. And if he can't dodge, between his personal strength and vibranium suit he should be able to tank a hit. The emphasis should always be on him as a hand-to-hand warrior.

Having a teleportation portal in his palace and other important locations makes perfect sense. But him having that tech on his person reeks of tech displacing skill and runs the risk of being overutilized. Hickman didn't demonstrate at any point the tech was needed for him to be effective and it's just something that clutters T'Challa's skillset like all the stuff Aaron is doing now.

Suit, claws, kinetic channeling, and daggers are more than enough for T'Challa to take on most characters. And occasionally a handful of Kimoyo beads for hacking, EMPs, and smokescreens. Stuff like teleportation, consecrated napalm, and lightsabers is unnecessary imo.
    Having teleport tech doesn't lessen his fighting skills though. It's a means of transportation, not a fighting style.

Personally I'm glad that BP is expanding his repertoire. I don't want him top be Iron man but I don't want him to be Ka-Zar either.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Hi Babies!! I come bearing some good news!!!! Hadari Yao be praised!!! The final two BP issues will drop in February!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...14314617839620

WE WIN!!!!
    Finally. Let's get this over with.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Does spidergwen have any unique abilities that make her more unique like Miles has invisibility and venom blast?
    No her powers are just the base boring powers every spider person has. Miles powers are the BEST

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Having teleport tech doesn't lessen his fighting skills though. It's a means of transportation, not a fighting style.

Personally I'm glad that BP is expanding his repertoire. I don't want him top be Iron man but I don't want him to be Ka-Zar either.
    Idk, it's just ancillary tech that doesn't add anything that he doesn't already have. If it's being used in combat situations (like against Black Swan) I'd consider it part of his fighting style, which is counterintuitive to what T'Challa is supposed to be as a warrior. In a smaller range if T'Challa needs to move faster he should just transfer kinetic energy to his feet for quick dashes. Teleporting takes the physicality out of the movement.

If he just needs it for transport they might as well have it be a stationary tech he uses on occasion like in Avengers, not something he does by himself at the drop of a hat. The latter will almost certainly be poorly implemented when put in the hands of a poor writer, more than the kinetic energy stuff or the inconsistency of his suit.

I like T'Challa having a solid tech base too, I think writers should expand and show versatile it is rather than inventing new stuff. More innovative uses of the kinetic energy usage being the most important as I feel most of the things people want are already covered by that. T'Challa's already got the base tech to take on Tony (under the right circumstances), he's well above pretty much every mid-tier hero and that's a good place to be as a baseline imo.

Idk, it's just ancillary tech that doesn't add anything that he doesn't already have. If it's being used in combat situations (like against Black Swan) I'd consider it part of his fighting style, which is counterintuitive to what T'Challa is supposed to be as a warrior. In a smaller range if T'Challa needs to move faster he should just transfer kinetic energy to his feet for quick dashes. Teleporting takes the physicality out of the movement.

If he just needs it for transport they might as well have it be a stationary tech he uses on occasion like in Avengers, not something he does by himself at the drop of a hat. The latter will almost certainly be poorly implemented when put in the hands of a poor writer, more than the kinetic energy stuff or the inconsistency of his suit.

I like T'Challa having a solid tech base too, I think writers should expand and show versatile it is rather than inventing new stuff. More innovative uses of the kinetic energy usage being the most important as I feel most of the things people want are already covered by that. T'Challa's already got the base tech to take on Tony (under the right circumstances), he's well above pretty much every mid-tier hero and that's a good place to be as a baseline imo.
    Yeah, I think part of the reason a lot of the gear T'Challa gets is later ignored and never seen again is because writers will sometimes give him tech just for the sake of giving him tech. And that's just easy to ignore.

The tech should ideally compliment what's already there. And some upgrades, like the force field Hickman briefly introduced, really didn't do that. Rather than having a force field, he should be able to move fast enough to the point where he simply won't get hit. Because he's fast and agile... that should be the emphasis. Have the gear fit the character rather than just piling on tech for the sake of piling it on. Keep his toolset streamlined, but still versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Shuri isn't Robin.

People think in such tiny ways about this stuff.

We've already established that you get the king/queenship of Wakanda via trial-by-combat.

there's a version of the universe where she's both the black panther and NO LONGER the ruler.
    there's a version where someone else is both ruler and black panther and Shuri gets to have her OWN adventures, enemies, identity.
    there's a version where we simply recast the T'Challa role as we have for nearly a century with James Bond, Superman and Batman.

If it was my choice I'd recast the role. I'd make a big deal of finding the "right" actor for it and remind folks that the character is bigger and older than any actor who plays him.
    This. And it's not disrespect on Chad. No one is forgetting him. He is like Priest and Hudlin was to T'Challa in the comics. He is the path finder. The OG the GOAT BP. Chance's are we won't see another person like Chadwick Boseman in our lifetime. He was truly in year 3000s, way ahead of the rest of us. But let's not let his hard work die with him. No one can be T'Chadwick, he is unique and will always be such. But he can Inspire others to strive to be like him and want to be a beacon of positivity to the next generation like Chad

The King in Black tie in comes out the same month and that's definitely main stream universe as it's a company event. I think we're free to ignore whatever happens in the solo. Lol.

But again, he doesn't have to use the teleport tech to fight. It's a way for him to get from Point A to Point B. He doesn't need to teleport to get from one room to the next in the same house. But if he needs to teleport to get inside the house quickly to help someone, then it's very useful.

Spectacular Member

Shuri can be the next Black Panther or they can recast. I like Shuri as black panther better than the recast but both can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The King in Black tie in comes out the same month and that's definitely main stream universe as it's a company event. I think we're free to ignore whatever happens in the solo. Lol.

Seems logical.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Hi Babies!! I come bearing some good news!!!! Hadari Yao be praised!!! The final two BP issues will drop in February!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...14314617839620

WE WIN!!!!
    I wouldn't say we win perse, more like, "There's the finish line" but after he is gone and off the book and the new creative team is announced, maybe then it will feel like a win.

Now the question is, what comes out first, Coates or KiB