Page 107 of 750 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 11243
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Ta-Nehisi Coates

vox.com/podcasts/2020/2/18/21141296/ta-nehisi-coates-why-were-polarized-ezra-klein-race-racism-demographic-change
    What Coates FAILED to understand in his comments is while folks like him and Shronda claim to have the power now. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH IT?

Why are you pandering to the same stereotypes?

Why are you tossing in crap that does not NEED to be around?

Why are fake woke folks demanding race be tossed into everything? See Stranger Things-Lucas helped save the world but they want him yelling black power in every episode.

And last time I checked before Coates-Black Panther had 2 black writers- Hudlin & Priest.They didn't do this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    If you were given control of a Black Panther book tomorrow, what would be the five most important changes you would make? They don't even have to be changes, but what would be the first five things you would do to bring the book in line with how you see the Panther and his world?
    1) Retcon the F*** out of the Coatesverse.
    2) Doom clowned six separate times by T'Challa. And I don't mean job either: write him in character, and T'Challa in character, to show why this is possible.
    3) New villains. Killmonger and Klaw need a rest. They can be the next writer's problem.
    4) New love interests, plural.
    5) Remind people why they fell in love with T'Challa in the first place. His mind, his fighting prowess, put it all on display each issue.

Ultimate Member

If you were given control of a Black Panther book tomorrow, what would be the five most important changes you would make? They don't even have to be changes, but what would be the first five things you would do to bring the book in line with how you see the Panther and his world?
    1 No more mutants
    2 Dig in Marvel's history and look for some unused villains. We saw Johns make some Z list Flash villains into major threats for Flash and the same was done for some Batman Z listers. Why not try that here? Someone other than Skrulls have had to tried to invade and lose.

3 Start with a 4 parter called What is so Special about Wakanda? Panther is at an event and get called out by a "familiar" black boy about what Wakanda does and does not do for black folks. Panther gives him a history lesson on what Wakanda has done for everybody. How Wakanda has influenced Marvel behind the scenes from Falcon's wings to sponsoring the grant that allowed Peter Parker's school to visit a certain university where he got bit by a spider to rebuilding Miles's school.
    The issue ends when Panther tells the boy "Wakanda also helps mend bridges" and opens a door to show Luke Cage standing there. "Luke I think you know Troop (from the 1992 Cage series). I think you two need to catch up."

4 Since so many want black excellence-I am going to show (in moderation) Panther working with the MANY black folks in Marvel. There are too many who are capable of doing things that others can but never get used. Thunderball is a professor for crying out loud.

5 I would do 4 page backups of the supporting cast ala Marvel Comics Present storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Umm, okay sold! You have done exactly what needs to happen so ends are tied up and we all can move on from this. Its funny to see that you and a few other posters have a much better vision than the current writer.
    Actually I think I would have it be a 6 part story so it's not crammed and rushed. I know others would just ignore it or whatnot but I would address it directly in a story manner that gets rid of the ammo people would use to talk isht about T'Challa and Wakanda. I would essentially retcon it into a cool story of what should of happened

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    1. Flash back to Tchalla holding the time gem and start there immediately erasing everything Coats has done as a bad timeline skip caused when doomworld collapsed.

2. An event where Black panther declares war on Doom.
    Avenger Heroes try to step in and get squashed by wakanda for being involved in state matters showcasing wakandas full military arsenal.

3. Revert Shuri with heavy emphasis on tech ( give her that mechanical pet panther full if tricks to fight along side)

4. Flesh out a few old villains (killmonger is too popular to stay dead, black swan as a reoccurring Catwoman esk villian alongside Black Dwarf) and introduce new Wakandan grown rivals from various tribes.

5. Flesh out the necropolis, the Techno jungle, and the palace in the Same way the xmen have their environment defined and popularized (x-mansion, danger room ect)
    Like the tech panther for Shuri a-lot-a-lot
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Ta-Nehisi Coates

vox.com/podcasts/2020/2/18/21141296/ta-nehisi-coates-why-were-polarized-ezra-klein-race-racism-demographic-change
    This is NOT the reason why fans find BP infuriating...it has nothing to do with changing culture or politics or Shonda Rhimes or whoever or whatever delusional story you want to tell yourself.

It has EVERYTHING to do with a writer who cannot write a comic book and should never be writing this comic book character, specifically.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the content and its execution.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

1. Re-focus on T'challa the warrior first, king second, tech genius a distant 27th. All action would be with an emphasis on him being a H2H beast due to his abilities and polymath brain with just a touch of tech (suit, claws, and re-direction of energy as last ditch effort against bigger threats). Think SWAD in this regard, which is T'challa's most memorable h2h feats ever. T'challa's genius isn't building tech all the time but Priest like 5 steps ahead and in combat strategy.

2. Wakanda would have distinct tribes like the movie. T'challa's kingly duties would be mixed between dealing with the intraWakanda tribe issues, global diplomacy, and superhero politics.

3. Supporting cast focuses on Okoye, his loyal bodyguard and leader of the DM. In my version, there are 5 DM, one from each tribe. Shuri, his tech genius sister (too late to stop this train). Zuri, his connection to the past/Dad and leader of the Kingsguard + comedy relief. Ramonda for support only a mother can give. And then the tribes leaders as needed.

4. T'challa would be 100% a superhero and there would be no more stories or thoughts or narratives about "why is T'challa a super hero come back home blah blah blah." **** is overdone at this point and I am sick of it. T'challa doesn't whatever the hell he wants because he is a king who thinks this is the best way to protect the world and whoever bitches about it in Wakanda can square up and throw hands and see what happens lol

5. First 18-24 issue arc, perfect collected edition, would be T'challa reminding the world that you don't **** with Wakanda. Aka threats will be delivered and unlike past books, people catch hands. Wakanda is open to the world in regards to helping and guidance but you Do. Not. ****. With. Wakanda. And yes, this includes space. T'challa ass can teleport to the Shi'ar and threaten them too. This doesn't not mean it is 24 issues of feats with more story... I am not author but IMO, the over arching 24 arc story would be more political in nature and have T'challa using every bit of his intellect and influence and fists to stop something threatening Wakanda.

Honestly, this are so far off course the story needs to go back to its roots.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Black panther’s villains is rather small so I think they could use to expand them I mean panther’s most prominent are Erik killmonger,klaw,and man-ape. He also has lesser known recurring villains and his supporting cast could get expanded too.

I like how you classify it MoS in regard to his duty. I broke it down this way myself in terms of percentages:

50% warrior 20% king 20% hero 10% tech genius in terms of how he goes about a situation.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What Coates FAILED to understand in his comments is while folks like him and Shronda claim to have the power now. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH IT?

Why are you pandering to the same stereotypes?

Why are you tossing in crap that does not NEED to be around?

Why are fake woke folks demanding race be tossed into everything? See Stranger Things-Lucas helped save the world but they want him yelling black power in every episode.

And last time I checked before Coates-Black Panther had 2 black writers- Hudlin & Priest.They didn't do this stuff.
    Lucas didn't even get to kiss his white gf in season 3. Race is only being "tossed in everything" by the non black people.

I'm already doing my own BP fanfiction.

1. My version is a geopolitical thriller and there is a sci-fi edge to it.

2. Wakanda is a world power i.e., a threat to the rest of the world.

3. T'Challa has an active social life.

4. The villains are a mix of geniuses, despots, the US govt. and they all pose legitimate challenges.

5. There's a potential heir to the throne.

Marvell2100...

Make sure that in your fan fiction that there is an ample amount of Goon Slam Gary and Armless Tiger Man!

You need to check all the "Politically Correct " boxes and not exclude anybody forsaking the lost art of diversity!

Goon Slam Gary's gotta eat too... And Armless Tiger Man has a gang of baby mommas scheming for them child support checks!

"Put me in coach..."
    Get Hectic!

Flex, Goon Slam and ATM are in the D-League right now.

They can get a 10 Day contract to play in the Big Leagues but they gotta play defense and can drop 3s on a dime.

I also need rebounders and someone who can chase 3-point shooters off their spot.

D-League...

This is for Goon Slam Gary coach put him in...

Get Hectic!

On a side note, if DC were to collapse what writer do think could transition to Marvel and write for our boy?