Page 104 of 750 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 11243
    Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

This useless writing needs to STOP!
    Coates needs to get off the book!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    There does seem to be a worrying trend, even outside of the main book, of rejecting Wakandan exceptionalism. I mean, look at the latest solicits... Wakanda is invaded (twice, apparently) and both times they need help from the Avengers and/or Agents (only one of whom is actually Wakandan) to save the nation. It's almost like, with the exception of T'Challa, Shuri, and occasionally Okoye, Wakandans aren't capable of anything at all without help. Coates is simply more blatant about it.
    I think the underlying message in super hero comics has always been without the superheroes mankind pretty much isn't capable of doing anything at all without help.

The US is pretty much screwed without the Avengers and FF saving it all the time, Canada is pretty much screwed without Alpha Flight, Asgard is pretty much screwed without Thor, Atlantis is pretty much screwed without Namor, etc etc. Earth is probably the most powerful and dangerous planet in the whole darn multiverse but it's got nothing to do with the other 6 billion people on it... just the few dozen guys in spandex constantly overcoming the odds and doing the impossible. Everyone else pretty much sucks, generally speaking.

There does seem to be a worrying trend, even outside of the main book, of rejecting Wakandan exceptionalism. I mean, look at the latest solicits... Wakanda is invaded (twice, apparently) and both times they need help from the Avengers and/or Agents (only one of whom is actually Wakandan) to save the nation. It's almost like, with the exception of T'Challa, Shuri, and occasionally Okoye, Wakandans aren't capable of anything at all without help. Coates is simply more blatant about it.
    That is just how things work in events. Honestly doesn't bother me in team books.

Solo is when the title hero is supposed to shine independent of the greater MU but yeah, gotta have a point man that actually likes the character for that to happen
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yeah. It's getting very old. It's like, when T'Challa wasn't as much in the limelight there was more respect for him and Wakanda being capable, now that he is getting the exposure of an A list hero, all of a sudden Wakanda is isht and needs the Avengers or agent's to help them.. I remember in TRO they best back arguably the most powerful army in the universe... By themselves, while simultaneously fighting and spanking the isht out of Atlantis.. where is THAT Wakanda? The one who sent a ship full of dead skrulls with a bloody message back to where they came? I miss that Wakanda.

But your deal about Coates. Not even T'Challa Shuri or Okoye are allowed to be capable even, just Storm and Eden.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah. It's getting very old. It's like, when T'Challa wasn't as much in the limelight there was more respect for him and Wakanda being capable, now that he is getting the exposure of an A list hero, all of a sudden Wakanda is isht and needs the Avengers or agent's to help them.. I remember in TRO they best back arguably the most powerful army in the universe... By themselves, while simultaneously fighting and spanking the isht out of Atlantis.. where is THAT Wakanda? The one who sent a ship full of dead skrulls with a bloody message back to where they came? I miss that Wakanda.

But your deal about Coates. Not even T'Challa Shuri or Okoye are allowed to be capable even, just Storm and Eden.
    In all fairness this is an Avengers/FF story... so in the LEAST the Avengers and FF SHOULD help. If this was PURELY a Black Panther story, I can understand the criticism but we can't exactly have the Avengers and FF standing around doing nothing in their own story.

How do you legitimately make a story about space empires, worm holes, Gods, arch rival returns from the dead with a future symbiote.... so tedious lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    How do you legitimately make a story about space empires, worm holes, Gods, arch rival returns from the dead with a future symbiote.... so tedious lol?
    And meanwhile I'm reading Thor in space and loving every second. And Thir should be tedious since it's just another universe ending story, but Cates makes it work.

1. Get a writer who is unfamiliar with the basic rules of writing fiction.
    2. Make sure that anything even remotely exciting happens off-panel.
    3. Tell, not show, all issue, every issue.
    4. (Fail to) Profit!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

simply beautiful!!

Coates I love you so much. this is good and about to get even better. I'm hear for the tide.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-22-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

4. (Fail to) Profit!

Because Coates doesn't get cosmic. Watching Killmonger drinking coffee/tea while talking to himself/symbiote is thrilling and exciting.

The only suspense left is how much more will be stripped from T'Challa by the end of the story.

4. (Fail to) Profit!
    Don't forget #5: Make the hero uninteresting in his own solo.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In all fairness this is an Avengers/FF story... so in the LEAST the Avengers and FF SHOULD help. If this was PURELY a Black Panther story, I can understand the criticism but we can't exactly have the Avengers and FF standing around doing nothing in their own story.
    See TRO. Avengers and Illuminati were doing there own things. Wakanda didn't call for help from the Avengers or FF. In fact, it seems whenever Wakandan DOES get Avengers or FF help they tend to do more harm than good for them.

4. (Fail to) Profit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Don't forget #5: Make the hero uninteresting in his own solo.
    Don't forget #6

Get characters who don't belong to the mythos to get all the great feats, get more development then the title Character, and then have the supporting cast of thw actual mythos talk about how these out of franchise characters are the hope and key to victory while the title Character is nowhere to be found