Page 112 of 750 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    He ain't even relatable, he is a caricature of a stereotypical idea of Black men. He is suffering from a biased agenda hell-bent on squashing any sort of inspiration to young black boys. All of Coates creations are created with the simple task of talking down to him, while then also taking feats from T'Challa. I mean, how stupid is the logic behind having some rando ass pet character kill N'Jadaka? T'Challa and N'Jadaka never met and some rando gets the kill?? No one wants to read a. Boring space Opera with a boring ineffective leader who gets outshone by supporting cast and out of franchise characters
    That's just more of Coates' cynicism shining through. I don't know why writers think amplifying a characters worst traits and never have them improve somehow makes them more relatable. It's exactly what Jason Aaron did to Thor. Without the hammer he was a miserable one armed drunk. 70's bombast may have been a bit cheesy, but at least it was positive.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I called it. I knew nakia was a spy but I'm glad she was fighting for the rebels in the end. overall I thought coates once again knocked this ish out the park. I loved it!!
    O so she was working with ndajaka but had a change of heart?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I called it. I knew nakia was a spy but I'm glad she was fighting for the rebels in the end. overall I thought coates once again knocked this ish out the park. I loved it!!
    Was it really that surprising tho? The same issue that it was revealed that there was a spy among the Maroons I'm certain it was revealed that Nakia never had her memories wiped. Coates should've just said it back then. At the end of the day it didn't mean anything at all. It was ignored for several issues before now. Take out the "reveal" from this issue nothing changes or even the whole mole thing and nothing changes.

Unless some massive twist comes from this (which I highly doubt), it was a pointless addition to Nakia's character just like revealing she never lost her memories. Her reasons for joini them were poorly explained. Did she have a change of heart? If so why? And how important is the family that she belongs to?
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 02-26-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    We really need to start making our voices heard on Twitter to editorial.
    It may not change much but at least it may get them to read the Damm book and see what our complaints are about. I haven't bought an issue since number 3.
    Word. I made it two more issues than you on the strength and nothing written by him since. My theory is dude is minding the store as it were until production on Panther 2 starts going good. Disney is about movies and merch, that's the business, this ink and paper thing is a side hustle that keeps the IP from said movies and merch out there. Once there is traction on the new movie there will be a change, new eyes new merch. My theory is he's on the book for a long form narrative purposes not for legacy but mostly to keep the engine warm for any new to the mythos readers, who might carry the title in outlets (at least early on) that wouldn't have carried, promoted or both, said product previously.

The snappy patter and action will likely mirror other projects that live off the movies synergy. The model has changed, movies push the product now. They (Marvel editorial) read but it's part of the plan I feel. Diehards are going to have to wait it out and the fleetingness of most editorials I feel know that they'll be there. Marvel knows what it has but in the interim, YES, bang that twitter drum. Maybe the process will quicken. Only caveat I can is see if this Storm thing is going to calculate heavier in the movie thing than we realize...
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Right, he needed someone to talk to, and after that many issues (protip, you can make characters extremely memorable within a quarter of that many issues) they amounted to nothing, when something happened to them people literally don't care, they had that little impact. And if you read what I posted I specifically said they lacked substance, I. Never said I didn't like them. Quite the opposite, when they were first introduced I saw it as a prime opportunity to make them more like they're MCU counterparts, but Coates killed all development, when T'Challa got back to earth (when you claim his supporting cast can take over) all I have seen really is Shuri and Storm taking over, with T'Challa taking the backseat. Storm isn't apart of his supporting cast.

As for fighting the galactic Wakanda, again refer to TRO. They beat back Thanos first wave, abd destroyed Atlantis, and then beat back the second wave of the Black order (which had the fill might of his army, and his night cosmic level generals and Thanos himself) and it was only when Thanos and co were held captive on Wakanda that they finally took over. Hell if you go off Gays take, Wakanda actually reppelled Thanos all 3 times. So this whole they can't go roe to toe, sure they can, continuity has shown they can. Coates head Canon and his need to prop up Storm is why they can't now.
    They beat back Thanos first invasion when it was a bunch of ground troops. That's a difference sort of batte than an invading armada of space ships. Wakanda almost certainly doesn't have a fraction of ships that a Galactic empire would have. They're not going to be able to fight this man to man like they did in TRO.

To put it in perspective, See Wakanda and Die was Wakanda essentially battling one ship of Skrulls. Not the entire Skrull Empire (or what was left of it at the time). Again, it's a matter of numbers. They can't win this by conventional means. They need a plot device to win this... which is something T'Challa is working on. He just needs more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    O so she was working with ndajaka but had a change of heart?
    I may have misread, but her change of heart was unimportant to the story. She officialy switched sides while N'Yami was still alive and maybe before Tchalla joined. Which means five plus years of her being a true ally. Very unimpactful to the story.

This run is an elseworld just take it for what it is. The next BP writer isn't going to pay attention to any of this, do you know how messy and handcuffed their story would be if they did.

Look at Avengers, Agents of Wakanda or the BP Adventures book. None of them acknowledge anything that has happened in this run.
    The J-man

What? You gonna talk **** about a book headlined by STRONG POWERFUL BLACK WOMEN!!!! on twitter and gain traction lol?

Good luck lololol

of course all the people who will crush you don't actually read comics but you HATE BLACK WOMEN!!! dont you?

Twitter is a joke. I just dropped paying for any comics. Even Marvel Unlimited.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-26-2020 at 01:33 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It may not change much but at least it may get them to read the Damm book and see what our complaints are about. I haven't bought an issue since number 3.
    Here is the Twitter for the associate editor I think.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MightyBru...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

After her is Will Moss. I didn't see one for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Here is the Twitter for the associate editor I think.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MightyBru...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

After her is Will Moss. I didn't see one for him.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Wil_Moss

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quick poll.

If you weren't familiar with the book and saw this page:

who would you think was in charge of the Avengers? And who would you think was playing the Uhura role?

As for the ongoing…

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Quick poll.

who would you think was in charge of the Avengers? And who would you think was playing the Uhura role?

As for the ongoing…

They been doing this with Covers for awhile now. Is this from this week, I thought it was all IronMan?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Quick poll.

As for the ongoing…

As someone who isn’t reading Avengers and hasn’t read any Aaron Avengers at all, I’d guess Cap or BP because those two are in the front seats and both seem to be in leader roles.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

If I wasn't already a fan, I'd go into Coates book thinking T'Challa was the most boring character there is.

Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    They been doing this with Covers for awhile now. Is this from this week, I thought it was all IronMan?
    It was

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    If I wasn't already a fan, I'd go into Coates book thinking T'Challa was the most boring character there is.

Jesus.
    Well, for 5 years he has been. Would they even be wrong?

Thing is, i don't even know what the endgame to all this is. At least with some other... questionable runs i've read, there seemed to be an endgame to "winning" in the end.

Like Aaron's Thor run once Jane took over. Whether someone hated JaneThor or not... you knew the endgame was some bad ass moment where Thor took the hammer back and smashed something lol. Eventually.

What is the "end game" here? This feels like when t'challa wondered in that limbo of being black panther but not really and not really a ruler but kinda where we never got the payoff where he regained the throne triumphantly. more desconstruction with no build up and pay off. Again.

Thank Bast the MCU exists. T'chumpa woulda got thrown off the waterfall, come back to life, and then wondered off into africa moping thinking "maybe killmonger is better than me"
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-26-2020 at 03:43 PM.