Page 105 of 750 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 11243
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Don't forget #6

Get characters who don't belong to the mythos to get all the great feats, get more development then the title Character, and then have the supporting cast of thw actual mythos talk about how these out of franchise characters are the hope and key to victory while the title Character is nowhere to be found
    which characters dont believe in the mythos?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Don't forget #5: Make the hero uninteresting in his own solo.
    Covered by #2.

Don't forget #6

Get characters who don't belong to the mythos to get all the great feats, get more development then the title Character, and then have the supporting cast of thw actual mythos talk about how these out of franchise characters are the hope and key to victory while the title Character is nowhere to be found
    Covered by #2 AND #3.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    which characters dont believe in the mythos?
    Do I really beed to even answer this, we already know who they characters are. And i said belong to the mythos

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    How do you legitimately make a story about space empires, worm holes, Gods, arch rival returns from the dead with a future symbiote.... so tedious lol?

It because he's telling the story from one book. If WoW was still running it would be the book with all the off panel battles. Shuri book would followed her and the panther God, few cameo of Storm. BP main story Tchalla .
    It should be Three books showcasing all of Wakanda but telling one story treated like a multi book event. But again another miss opportunity for the franchise.

See TRO. Avengers and Illuminati were doing there own things. Wakanda didn't call for help from the Avengers or FF. In fact, it seems whenever Wakandan DOES get Avengers or FF help they tend to do more harm than good for them.
    In Time Runs Out Wakanda didn't get help because the rest of the world needed the Cabal to stop the incursions. But prior to that at the end of Infinity the Avengers and Illuminati did show up to assist Wakanda. Which again should be pretty much what we should expect in an Avengers story. Helping is kind of what super heroes do.

Right now T'Challa is leader of both the Avengers and the Agents of Wakanda, so it's not at all surprsing if those team don't show up to try and stop the bad guys from getting the vibranium (or whatever they're after). Again, it's sort of what super heroes do. It's an Avengers/FF event so I think the Avengers and FF sort of get a pass for actually doing their job here.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    1. Get a writer who is unfamiliar with the basic rules of writing fiction.
    2. Make sure that anything even remotely exciting happens off-panel.
    3. Tell, not show, all issue, every issue.
    4. (Fail to) Profit!
    Yup...

It seems like 15k copies is Coates' new sales spot for BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    And meanwhile I'm reading Thor in space and loving every second. And Thir should be tedious since it's just another universe ending story, but Cates makes it work.
    Do to Coates' handling on the main BP book, I have lost interest in following the character in the comics (outside of Avengers & AoW). I have also become interested in other characters,like Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    It because he's telling the story from one book. If WoW was still running it would be the book with all the off panel battles. Shuri book would followed her and the panther God, few cameo of Storm. BP main story Tchalla .
    It should be Three books showcasing all of Wakanda but telling one story treated like a multi book event. But again another miss opportunity for the franchise.
    I would say more of a wasted opportunity.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Do I really beed to even answer this, we already know who they characters are. And i said belong to the mythos
    I'm still not sure but I love seeing Coates expand the number of allies wakanda have. the crew, monica, falcon, etc. this is going to be an epic ride.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

For da win...

Get Hectic!

I'm still not sure but I love seeing Coates expand the number of allies wakanda have. the crew, monica, falcon, etc. this is going to be an epic ride.
    I do think it's nice seeing some of the minority characters who haven't gotten a whole lot of exposure in recent times get used. Not exactly sure how useful some of those characters will be in an intergalactic invasion... but it's nice that they're getting some panel time somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I do think it's nice seeing some of the minority characters who haven't gotten a whole lot of exposure in recent times get used. Not exactly sure how useful some of those characters will be in an intergalactic invasion... but it's nice that they're getting some panel time somewhere.
    Panel time is all they get, tho. I mean, other than Eden, have they had any real impact on the plot? Or even dialogue?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Wanted opportunity because he brought in his neophyte cabal who also give zero ishts about T'Challa and his mythos and only care about their biased agenda. From the whole bred by men to be given to men to Shuri acting like a spoiled brat and the whole bs of her saying she was born the wrong gender.

But the main reason it's so tedious is because Coates can't be inspiring or fun or imaginative. This is the most boring, slow humdrum "space epic" I have even seen

None of them need to be taking up panel space in this as it's T'Challas solo, and not a team book. They actual franchise characters should be making moves with the title character getting the Lions share. And we know which character you are actually enjoying it ain't none of the ones you mentioned
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 02-22-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Panel time is all they get, tho. I mean, other than Eden, have they had any real impact on the plot? Or even dialogue?
    They have been impactful.. in showing how far Wakanda has fallen from it's greatness..

I'd like more than just panel time sure... but my point being I don't think jamming them in a story even if they don't do much and aren't really needed isn't the worst thing in the world. The criticism if anything should be that more should be done with them, not less.