Page 108 of 750 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    On a side note, if DC were to collapse what writer do think could transition to Marvel and write for our boy?
    I'd love to see what Greg Rucka would come up with.

On a side note, if DC were to collapse what writer do think could transition to Marvel and write for our boy?
    Grant Morrison has always been on my short list of dream BP writers.

DC can't handle the black characters they got, why would I want any of them to try. Lol. Best case would be Jeff Lamire only due to what I saw him do Mr. Terrific. But he's not DC exclusive anyway.

Are you asking because of that article about 5G and AT&T?

Christopher Priest

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    If you were given control of a Black Panther book tomorrow, what would be the five most important changes you would make? They don't even have to be changes, but what would be the first five things you would do to bring the book in line with how you see the Panther and his world?
    1. Establish that the kingship of Wakanda is not a hereditary play thing for wealth and power. Once a person steps into the arena on Challenge Day he or she must know that THEY WILL DIE IN SERVICE of protecting the realm of Wakanda when they take on the mantle of Black Panther.

2. Highlight T'Challa's rebellious nature, his single mindedness, his love of humanity as whole as well as his deep love for Wakanda and his concerns about what will happen in Wakanda when the Age of T'Challa has ended. Shuri, Queen Divinie Justice, his mother, Okoye and M'Baku will be seemingly his inner circle.

3. Establish the myteriousness of Wakanda on Earth, in space and in the supernatural world.

4. Action, personal intrigue, mystery, horror, afrofuturism, espionage stories with a rogue gallery consisting of Marvel's Leonardo Da Vinci, Thanos and Wakandans who want to test themselves against T'Challa but do not want the political power of becoming Black Panther.

5. Establish that each clan in Wakanda has a hidden power or great secret that they carried before the merger of the clans under king Bashenga to form Wakanda and these secrets have been passed down through the centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    1. Establish that the kingship of Wakanda is not a hereditary play thing for wealth and power. Once a person steps into the arena on Challenge Day he or she must know that THEY WILL DIE IN SERVICE of protecting the realm of Wakanda when they take on the mantle of Black Panther.

2. Highlight T'Challa's rebellious nature, his single mindedness, his love of humanity as whole as well as his deep love for Wakanda and his concerns about what will happen in Wakanda when the Age of T'Challa has ended. Shuri, Queen Divinie Justice, his mother, Okoye and M'Baku will be seemingly his inner circle.

3. Establish the myteriousness of Wakanda on Earth, in space and in the supernatural world.

4. Action, personal intrigue, mystery, horror, afrofuturism, espionage stories with a rogue gallery consisting of Marvel's Leonardo Da Vinci, Thanos and Wakandans who want to test themselves against T'Challa but do not want the political power of becoming Black Panther.

5. Establish that each clan in Wakanda has a hidden power or great secret that they carried before the merger of the clans under king Bashenga to form Wakanda and these secrets have been passed down through the centuries.
    I'm in for that book!

Link isn't working

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Grant Morrison has always been on my short list of dream BP writers.
    Sweet God no.

The man's writing is too far detached from reality, and basic characterization.

The only writers I really want on the book in order are

1 Redjack ( has proven he has a full understanding of Tchalla's mentality and wakandas gravitas. Has proven he knows how to flesh out a story line over a long period Of time, and lastly he's proven that he's able to do addition to the mythos without subtraction)

2. Hickman based on his talent alone and I think he could really showcase black panthers genius the way that it should be in a Solo as opposed to the team but he did.

3. Priest, but I'm not sure he has more stories to tell about Panther.

Has Hickman ever actually written a solo book? I honestly can't recall any.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Has Hickman ever actually written a solo book? I honestly can't recall any.
    Ultimate Thor and Ultimate Hawkeye, but they were minis it seems
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    DC can't handle the black characters they got, why would I want any of them to try. Lol. Best case would be Jeff Lamire only due to what I saw him do Mr. Terrific. But he's not DC exclusive anyway.

Are you asking because of that article about 5G and AT&T?
    Yeah, it could all work itself out anyway, but if it doesn't there would be a glut of writers that Marvel may want to scoop up.

Marvel ain't going to pick up DC. That would be the dumbest movie WB could make

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What Coates FAILED to understand in his comments is while folks like him and Shronda claim to have the power now. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH IT?

Why are you pandering to the same stereotypes?

Why are you tossing in crap that does not NEED to be around?

Why are fake woke folks demanding race be tossed into everything? See Stranger Things-Lucas helped save the world but they want him yelling black power in every episode.

And last time I checked before Coates-Black Panther had 2 black writers- Hudlin & Priest.They didn't do this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This is NOT the reason why fans find BP infuriating...it has nothing to do with changing culture or politics or Shonda Rhimes or whoever or whatever delusional story you want to tell yourself.

It has EVERYTHING to do with a writer who cannot write a comic book and should never be writing this comic book character, specifically.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the content and its execution.