Page 361 of 750 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411461 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 11243
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That's the only reason I'm picking the book up is because Mr. Terrific is one of my all time favorite comic characters. It really has been good.
    Since you're getting it so am I

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Since you're getting it so am I
    Very glad to hear it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

You all should be reading the Terrifics. It's a fun book, better than any of the Fantastic Four stories in years.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    You all should be reading the Terrifics. It's a fun book, better than any of the Fantastic Four stories in years.
    I’ve got them. I just have to get them all together.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Bums me outs so much that it was a victim of the pandemic and is ending soon. Hopefully Strange Adventures will raise Holt’s profile enough that he gets another solo or the Terrifics gets relaunched. Would be nice to have both...

Y’know I’m actually curious what a Gene Yang Black Panther book would be like. Wouldn’t mind him getting a try on the title.

Spectacular Member

So, anyone got some news or topics cause i got nothing. I'm still waiting for those dang issues to drop.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

what-you-talkin-bout.jpg
    They're still doing a BP series?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    what-you-talkin-bout.jpg
    They're still doing a BP series?
    Well after watching Cap #21 on capedjoel YTC they hav no excuse to not drop those last 3 issues. Need to get this over with already, I'm surprised you're here anyway you don't even like BP for reasons.

I'm surprised some of y'all even pick up the BP series going by the consensus in this thread.

I'll stick with the Avengers book for now. I dropped out of the Coates run a looooong time ago. I'd probably need to read it all in one go to follow everything
    The J-man

I'm surprised some of y'all even pick up the BP series going by the consensus in this thread.

I'll stick with the Avengers book for now. I dropped out of the Coates run a looooong time ago. I'd probably need to read it all in one go to follow everything
    I think it's more so people just want it to end officially so there's no more gimmicks just let it end so we can get a new writer and hopefully a course correction

Not that I'm expecting much. Reading between the lines of this week's Empyre previews does not make me a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Not that I'm expecting much. Reading between the lines of this week's Empyre previews does not make me a happy camper.
    Truly Marvel has telegraphed their shots a mile away with this whole Empyre thing. When I saw that of all the books they cancelled that the one for Wakanda was one of them even though the narrative was supposed to play out with that place being a strategic victory for one side or the other. I was already calling shenanigans! I have no faith that disrespect is the play of the day for anything Black Panther related. For a general reminder Captain America has a mini tie in...???? All to his self and it might be well written, but that is beside the point. I truly am disgusted in Ewing cause this guy knows and has written a good Panther and for added injury Blue Marvel who is criminally left out of all this steaming pile.

In my case, it's comparing the preview of Empyre: Avengers with last week's issue of the main book. Specifically, this page:

"Where shall we use our amazing technology to fight the invaders?"

"Nowhere. We must save it to protect Wakanda!"

Back in Wakanda:

"Retreat! Our pointy sticks have no effect!"

And for an added bonus, the first panel of the Avengers preview has the Hatut Zeraze firearms being less effective than Asgardians with melee weapons. It's also revealed that they are now an "independent mercenary force loyal to T'Challa". Because Grace-Jones-looking chicks with spears are the only army Wakanda needs?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    In my case, it's comparing the preview of Empyre: Avengers with last week's issue of the main book. Specifically, this page:

"Where shall we use our amazing technology to fight the invaders?"

"Nowhere. We must save it to protect Wakanda!"

Back in Wakanda:

"Retreat! Our pointy sticks have no effect!"

And for an added bonus, the first panel of the Avengers preview has the Hatut Zeraze firearms being less effective than Asgardians with melee weapons. It's also revealed that they are now an "independent mercenary force loyal to T'Challa". Because Grace-Jones-looking chicks with spears are the only army Wakanda needs?
    It's entirely possible a firearm can be less effective than a melee weapon when that melee weapon is being swung at you by a god.

The HZ thing is sort of interesting. I'm assuming from the description and the picture that it's White Wolfs HZ from Priests run rather than the HZ's T'Challa still uses. It's sort of confusing that they use the same name and outfits though. They probably should have given White Wolfs crew a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's entirely possible a firearm can be less effective than a melee weapon when that melee weapon is being swung at you by a god.

The HZ thing is sort of interesting. I'm assuming from the description and the picture that it's White Wolfs HZ from Priests run rather than the HZ's T'Challa still uses. It's sort of confusing that they use the same name and outfits though. They probably should have given White Wolfs crew a different name.
    Or they completely ignored the fact that Coates used the HZ in his run, just like everything else in it.