Page 582 of 750 FirstFirst ... 82482532572578579580581582583584585586592632682 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Idk that sounds like lazy writing plus does the MCU really need F4 and X, at this point adding them would be like bringing booze to a party after everyone already is or got drunk.
    Actors age. If they want to keep the universe going, they can't keep relying on the same characters. And rebooting just because they want to keep making Iron Man movies is comic-book thinking. Few movie franchises can pull that off well. Feige & co. would be insane to ignore 2 huge sources of IP.

That being said, they certainly don't need to be introduced in a BP film....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Actors age. If they want to keep the universe going, they can't keep relying on the same characters. And rebooting just because they want to keep making Iron Man movies is comic-book thinking. Few movie franchises can pull that off well. Feige & co. would be insane to ignore 2 huge sources of IP.

That being said, they certainly don't need to be introduced in a BP film....
    I don't see the MCU rebooting for at least another decade. Though it would be nice to see characters that have since left (like Iron Man and Captain America) in new projects. It's wild to think we're never gonna see another Iron Man in a major animated series or *quality* videogame. It seems wasteful to leave such high value IPs off the table just because they had their stories completed in the movies. Surely they can find another lane for them to thrive in.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Eh, I can't say I care either way as long as the spiritual connections and visit to the Ancestral Plane is kept in tact. It's not the origin of the HSH that matters to me, it's the relationship to Wakanda's religion. Growing it back in the 5 year gap is fine too but if they wanna make it synthetic that works. Doing the latter also gives Shuri a tech feat so I get why they went with it.
    I don't even understand how you'd synthetically get the ancestral plane stuff

How do you even test that lol? It was a whole ass religious experience to T'challa and Killmonger.

I mean, this basically all means nothing, but it feels really freaking lazy.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

How do you even test that lol? It was a whole ass religious experience to T'challa and Killmonger.

Scientists in Marvel have done stranger things in fairness.

So Black Panther is going to absorb the Phoenix force according to January solicits

Bruh................
    The J-man

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    So Black Panther is going to absorb the Phoenix force according to January solicits

Bruh................
    I'm kinda cool with it honestly, a small darkside of my conscious wants Tchalla to murder rap errbody. Catching bodies like a mortician.

Bruh................
    A lot of characters are I think. There's going to be a tournament to determine the new host.

I'm kinda cool with it honestly, a small darkside of my conscious wants Tchalla to murder rap errbody. Catching bodies like a mortician.
    I'd take a Black Adam WW3 situation. The writing for that story hasn't held up over time, but the concept is still fun.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Bruh................
    I wouldn't put too much weight on the cover. Even money that a different "Phoenixized" Avenger is on the next cover.

That being said, the solicits do say that one of the Avengers isn't going to survive, and of the list on the last cover, only T'Challa, She-Hulk, and Namor don't have books....

(And She-Hulk has a TV show coming out...)

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Eh, I can't say I care either way as long as the spiritual connections and visit to the Ancestral Plane is kept in tact. It's not the origin of the HSH that matters to me, it's the relationship to Wakanda's religion. Growing it back in the 5 year gap is fine too but if they wanna make it synthetic that works. Doing the latter also gives Shuri a tech feat so I get why they went with it.
    Eh I'd rather not have it be synthetic, because then it was never a real spiritual connection and it makes that connection meaningless, or worse, it makes it some type of hallucinating drug and Wakandans have been doping up for thousands of years... No thanks. Either have it grow back, if it becomes a subplot have T'Challa find it and call it good.

And Honestly not everything has to be Shuri driven tech wise, yes it's her niche to separate herself but really what that book did thst bothered me was out an overemphasis on Shuri being the one doing all this research and tech when T'Challa, especially after the events of IW and EG, should start to mold into his Priest version always prepared

I would not be surprised if Namor and T'Challa would be the remaining finalists of this tournament since Aaron has been reigniting the tension between them.
    Last edited by XJlock; 10-23-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Well we don’t know how you got the ancestral plane stuff when you had the organically grown herbs so I don’t see a big difference if they’re synthetic lol. Magic and science are a continuum in the MCU. My head cannon is that the chemicals in the herb give the Panther a psychic experience where their soul enters another dimension watched over by Bast. As long as the genetic information in the herb is the same it should work no matter how it’s grown. I don’t think we’re meant to think about it that deeply.

Idk that sounds like lazy writing plus does the MCU really need F4 and X, at this point adding them would be like bringing booze to a party after everyone already is or got drunk.
    Do we really need an elaborate plot to re-establish the HSH? I don't think we need a movie about that.

Also, as far as FF and X-Men are concerned, Disney didn't acquire FOX for the Simpsons. Why would they let FF and X-Men sit on a shelf?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Eh I'd rather not have it be synthetic, because then it was never a real spiritual connection and it makes that connection meaningless, or worse, it makes it some type of hallucinating drug and Wakandans have been doping up for thousands of years... No thanks. Either have it grow back, if it becomes a subplot have T'Challa find it and call it good.

And Honestly not everything has to be Shuri driven tech wise, yes it's her niche to separate herself but really what that book did thst bothered me was out an overemphasis on Shuri being the one doing all this research and tech when T'Challa, especially after the events of IW and EG, should start to mold into his Priest version always prepared
    It depends on how they wanna go about it. The herb seems to act as a conduit for the transport of the consumer’s conscious/soul via what amounts to an acid trip. That won’t change if it the HSH is synthetic because it would presumably have the same chemical properties. So the spiritual significance of the HSH isn’t compromised imo.

But I agree that positioning Shuri as seemingly the only driver of Wakandan tech development is bothersome. Knowing what we do about the source material, not seeing T’Challa’s intelligence put on display is annoying. There were ways to show Shuri as a the tech wiz without reducing T’Challa’s smarts to an offhanded remark in the first film and long-term I think it might do harm to how he’s depicted in the future.

I haven’t read this book but hopefully there are references to T’Challa’s leadership in this initiative Shuri is spearheading. Something that gives him that Priest-like aura and shows he may not be the brains but he’s coordinating things at level only he could. Maybe he’s asked for certain sections of the report to be redacted or something, show that he’s thinking ahead strategically. Idk but as long as Shuri stays a quirky scientist for another decade or so I can’t say I’m too concerned lol.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-23-2020 at 11:46 AM.