Page 590 of 647 FirstFirst ... 90490540580586587588589590591592593594600640 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 9695
  1. #8836
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I read an article today that said that a Wakandan ambassador will be part of the cast of Al Ewing's SWORD book.

    Given that much of the cast are mutants, am I the only one thinking Gentle?
    I don't think it will be gentle. I think it will be either Derek Khanata or they just intro a new character.

  2. #8837
    BCB 4sake Baned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I read an article today that said that a Wakandan ambassador will be part of the cast of Al Ewing's SWORD book.

    Given that much of the cast are mutants, am I the only one thinking Gentle?
    Iím thinking her :

    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/A%27di_(Earth-616)

  3. #8838
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,440

    Default

    Hi All. Can someone help me, please. I am looking for issue where T'Challa broke door into pieces with his leg kick.
    He wasn`t in costume. Probably an old book.

  4. #8839
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Hi All. Can someone help me, please. I am looking for issue where T'Challa broke door into pieces with his leg kick.
    He wasn`t in costume. Probably an old book.
    If you mean the pick someone posted earlier, is a Doomwar issue. But if you're a Black Panther fan, reading it is just going to upset you. Lol.

  5. #8840
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If you mean the pick someone posted earlier, is a Doomwar issue. But if you're a Black Panther fan, reading it is just going to upset you. Lol.
    I think it is not it. I saw it a few years ago on forum BP vs CA or something like it. It looked similar to that Doomwar pic but door was wooden and camera shot was different. From it we can see BP face like he is entering room and destroying door with kick.

    I thought Appreciation thread is the best place to find that page if it is even exist. I never read it. Just saw it on battle forum.

  6. #8841
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What's hurting BP far greater than anything an X-book can do is what's happening in his own solo or lack thereof.

    BP survived AvX and got a movie, a bad ass run in the animated Avengers: BP's Quest, leads the Avengers and had a decent spin-off in Agents of Wakanda. Dudes got toy's out the wazoo(old school).

    BP has a solo that has made him look ineffectual and idiotic, propped up other characters, led to disastrous spin-offs and can't even get the last two issues of a failing series printed to put it out of it's misery.

    So, who has done more to hurt BP and tarnish the brand?
    While this is true, BP Really doesn't need additional "World building" by the ishts at x office either. Just let him the frak alone. They got their precious Storm back so let the mythos move on from this toxic ex

  7. #8842
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    While this is true, BP Really doesn't need additional "World building" by the ishts at x office either. Just let him the frak alone. They got their precious Storm back so let the mythos move on from this toxic ex
    Bro, I don't care what the X-books do. BP survived AvX, he survived Storm, he survived Gentle. Whoever writes BP next is the person I'm most concerned with, not anything that happens in X-world.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 10-27-2020 at 06:33 AM. Reason: cause commas.

  8. #8843
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Yeah, since she's already in Alpha Flight she would be a logical choice.

  9. #8844
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, since she's already in Alpha Flight she would be a logical choice.
    I remember her calling Tchalla uncle, but I didn't think the wiki would add him as a relative. Like whose child is she that they're closely related? Lol

    Hunter has a child we never knew about. Lol

  10. #8845
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I remember her calling Tchalla uncle, but I didn't think the wiki would add him as a relative. Like whose child is she that they're closely related? Lol

    Hunter has a child we never knew about. Lol
    Good question. Maybe she's the daughter of a cousin. Wold be kinda cool if she's W'Kabi's daughter.

  11. #8846
    BCB 4sake Baned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Good question. Maybe she's the daughter of a cousin. Wold be kinda cool if she's W'Kabi's daughter.
    Was thinking the samething or I’d make her Derek Khanata daughter & combine him with Khanata from Kirby run ( they be his fam on his mom side if it was up to me)..

  12. #8847
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Bro, I don't care what the X-books do. BP survived AvX, he survived Storm, he survived Gentle. Whoever writes BP next is the person I'm most concerned with, not anything that happens in X-world.
    overall I don't either, I just wish they would frak off, seriously they use Storm like a toxic ex to come and stir shit fir no reason, years after the fact

  13. #8848
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What's hurting BP far greater than anything an X-book can do is what's happening in his own solo or lack thereof.

    BP survived AvX and got a movie, a bad ass run in the animated Avengers: BP's Quest, leads the Avengers and had a decent spin-off in Agents of Wakanda. Dudes got toy's out the wazoo(old school).

    BP has a solo that has made him look ineffectual and idiotic, propped up other characters, led to disastrous spin-offs and can't even get the last two issues of a failing series printed to put it out of it's misery.

    So, who has done more to hurt BP and tarnish the brand?
    I can agree to that lol, Coates' terrible solo has done a lot more damage to the BP brand than the X-Office has. Still, I don't think it helps the brand to have T'Challa beefing with bigger franchises or having his mythos misrepresented. And those last issues need to come out, I'm really hoping that Marvel will relaunch the book sometime next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I read an article today that said that a Wakandan ambassador will be part of the cast of Al Ewing's SWORD book.

    Given that much of the cast are mutants, am I the only one thinking Gentle?
    I doubt it, besides the now frosty relationship between Wakanda and Krakoa which makes a dual citizen a poor choice, Gentle doesn't have any cosmic experience. Plus he's a passive child, he's not ready to be squaring up with intergalactic badasses or representing anything, let him live in obscurity lol. I think it's more likely that the ambassador is T'Challa's niece that 4sake pointed out, she was an Alpha Flight cadet when we last saw her. Cosmic ties, female, and basically a blank slate, so she's a good candidate. If not her it could be Shuri, since Ewing's big on continuity and may remember she's dating one of the core members of SWORD. Otherwise I think it'll be a new character or someone we haven't seen in decades.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-27-2020 at 09:10 AM.

  14. #8849
    Fantastic Member mbeezy561's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I remember her calling Tchalla uncle, but I didn't think the wiki would add him as a relative. Like whose child is she that they're closely related? Lol

    Hunter has a child we never knew about. Lol
    Making her the Daughter of Jakkara would be a logical choice as well.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

  15. #8850
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I can agree to that lol, Coates' terrible solo has done a lot more damage to the BP brand than the X-Office has. Still, I don't think it helps the brand to have T'Challa beefing with bigger franchises or having his mythos misrepresented. And those last issues need to come out, I'm really hoping that Marvel will relaunch the book sometime next year.



    I doubt it, besides the now frosty relationship between Wakanda and Krakoa which makes a dual citizen a poor choice, Gentle doesn't have any cosmic experience. Plus he's a passive child, he's not ready to be squaring up with intergalactic badasses or representing anything, let him live in obscurity lol. I think it's more likely that the ambassador is T'Challa's niece that 4sake pointed out, she was an Alpha Flight cadet when we last saw her. Cosmic ties, female, and basically a blank slate, so she's a good candidate. If not her it could be Shuri, since Ewing's big on continuity and may remember she's dating one of the core members of SWORD. Otherwise I think it'll be a new character or someone we haven't seen in decades.
    Even if the X-verse does their usual frakkery, what we need is a BP solo and writer to counter whatever they do and offer their own take.

    It's been a one-sided hit job for too long.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •