Page 303 of 750 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 11243

Does help when the guy who loves the character and wants to write him (Redjack) isn't allowed to write him despite his cartoon success.. it's like marvel is purposefully trying to kill any momentum it comes to Black characters (especially black males) instead of capitalizing on the demographic

This is why I go so hard about this depiction in the movie verse. It needs to be perfect not just good. That affects everything else. Coogler is talented enough to write something that will win Tchadwick an Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Does help when the guy who loves the character and wants to write him (Redjack) isn't allowed to write him despite his cartoon success.. it's like marvel is purposefully trying to kill any momentum it comes to Black characters (especially black males) instead of capitalizing on the demographic
    My theory is that the editors don't want to admit that they screwed up in giving the book to Coates, so they double-down on how "landmark" it is, and hold off on greenlighting any T'Challa solo projects that might reflect poorly on the run.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    My theory is that the editors don't want to admit that they screwed up in giving the book to Coates, so they double-down on how "landmark" it is, and hold off on greenlighting any T'Challa solo projects that might reflect poorly on the run.
    Funny thing is that rumor that when it get relaunched, it will be less space focused, but Marvel is saying the future after Empyre will be space. Lol.

Coates ruined the genre for the franchise. Lol.
    Last edited by Cville; 07-11-2020 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Man, if you would have told me we would have gotten a 5 year? run that involved:

- T'challa justifying his past actions with the Avengers/Illuminati
    - Team ups with Luke Cage, Misty, other black heroes
    - new original villains whose powers were telepathic ish and mystical
    - looking into the God(s) of Wakanda and their roles
    - expanding the mythos of the Doras/Midnight Angels
    - seeing more past black panthers and history of Wakanda
    - a time traveling/worm hole story involving a future Wakandan Galactic Empire
    - Stelfreeze art
    - Acuna Art
    - tchalla fighting past panthers to assert his authority
    - return of killmonger

Man... I would have pumped my fist with tears in my eyes.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Funny thing is that rumor that when it get relaunched it will be less space focused, but Marvel is saying the future after Empyre will be space. Lol.

Hmmmmm, ...sounds like T'challa is going to end up taking another sabbatical and this time to Detroit. Where he will be cleaning up the streets from crime using a cell phone, hand full of popsicle sticks, and some string. Hold tight for hi-jinks BP fans. SMH, they have got to get this together. You mean no good creators have come with pitches that are strong and workable??? How about this. The super strong pitch for an event how about they just ...give it to Black Panther??

seriously tho what happened to all of Wakandas advanced tech?
    The J-man

I think that they do support BP. Otherwise, he wouldn't have so many comics, plus he has one running right now, as far as I am aware Black Panther (2018-present) which is canon. What is going right now is that Marvel has slowed on the comics releases due to the situation we have, that is happening worldwide. They will get back to him, as soon as that pandemic situation ends.

Seems like Marvel is getting away from Wakanda's technical advancements. As the nation is used in more storylines and people have a greater appreciation for the concept, some writers tend to neglect the standard Priest and Hudlin built.

1. Most technologically advanced nation on earth
    2. Never conquered

The art is good and comic fans love to see people throwing hands, but Wakandan soldiers at the very least should ahve more blasters, mechs and war vehicles.

Keep it in mind people because we are seeing less and less of that.

heck even in avengers EMH, Wakanda had decent tech

The J-man

Does that sword have significance? I haven't read anything in avengers/empyre in ages?

I prefer the fisticuffs, im assuming there will be an off hand mention about some tech disruptor or something though. That is what they usually do.

"tech is focused on the armanda above, lets meet them in the field to keep away from civilians" sorta thing lol

But, since this is alreayd been spoiled by the teaser, I won't get my hopes up. let me know how it goes whoever reads it lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    I think that they do support BP. Otherwise, he wouldn't have so many comics, plus he has one running right now, as far as I am aware Black Panther (2018-present) which is canon. What is going right now is that Marvel has slowed on the comics releases due to the situation we have, that is happening worldwide. They will get back to him, as soon as that pandemic situation ends.
    There are different levels of support.

Throwing titles out, at a glance, looks like tons of support right? Black Panther: World of Wakanda. Black Panther and the Crew. Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda. Black Panther is the leader of the Avengers.

You read the stuff and it is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    The run was supposed to end in July anyway. Agent had such low sales it wouldn't have lasted much longer. Seemed like the natural end was going to be post Empyre.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Does that sword have significance? I haven't read anything in avengers/empyre in ages?

I prefer the fisticuffs, im assuming there will be an off hand mention about some tech disruptor or something though. That is what they usually do.

"tech is focused on the armanda above, lets meet them in the field to keep away from civilians" sorta thing lol

But, since this is alreayd been spoiled by the teaser, I won't get my hopes up. let me know how it goes whoever reads it lol
    Aaron gave Tchalla a lightsaber in the Vampire arc? Might just be a different version.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

lazy plot device to have Wakanda go mideval. I let is slide in Secret Wars, but if this is going to happen in every single Marvel invasion they might as well strip away Wakanda's super science.

I prefer consistentcy. If some people are throwing hands cool, but you need to show all the crazy tech (mechs, tanks, flyers etc.) and advanced weapons (meles and blasters). Even Hickman gave the Wakandan royal guards guns.

When Thanos comes knocking or the Skree and Skrull there should be mech and advanced armor. In the MCU they did it (even if the battle tactics made no sense).

Avengers EMH did a great job with this and we still saw people throwing hands. Got to hold these writters to a standard that was set by Marvel or we just gonna see Wakandans figthing with spears when they get invaded

Also Empyre just started so nothings really popped off yet, but going by that preview Wakanda is about to take an L.
    Last edited by Jabare; 07-11-2020 at 07:52 AM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

seriously tho what happened to all of Wakandas advanced tech?
    You're not lying bro! It's just ONE screen shot, hopefully it will not be the foundation on which they build a house of crapitude on. They already cut the book that involved Wakanda which would have been perfect for providing context for their involvement. You don't threaten to kill the king and destroy his throne, just to relegate it to off panel status.