Page 21 of 750 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Killmonger is everything T'Challa is. He just lacks to ability to critically analyze his own actions and emotions, but he's good at analyzing everyone else's. I stan them both for different reasons of course.
    qekk similar but different. They do a lot of parallels between the two. Like when T'Challa loses his dad in CW and Erik in BP they are both shown rocking their dead fathers and crying. They are are driven by anger, but when T'Challa doesn't let it consume him unlike Erik, which can also be because he is older when his father does opposed to Erik losing njobu as a child

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Bad news/Good news. This is probably where Agents of Wakanda will meet its end. However, because Al Ewing is writing, we might get to see the Tiger God pokeball again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Bad news/Good news. This is probably where Agents of Wakanda will meet its end. However, because Al Ewing is writing, we might get to see the Tiger God pokeball again.
    What makes u think that it will end here? Because they’ll probably plan to launch new books after the end of this crossover?

I don't think Agents of Wakanda will end in someone else's event. I'd assume Aaron created the team for some sort of reason, and it won't end until he uses them for whatever he's had in mind. I'm sure Aaron will have his own event down the line where his own plot threats will pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    What makes u think that it will end here? Because they’ll probably plan to launch new books after the end of this crossover?
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think Agents of Wakanda will end in someone else's event. I'd assume Aaron created the team for some sort of reason, and it won't end until he uses them for whatever he's had in mind. I'm sure Aaron will have his own event down the line where his own plot threats will pay off.
    Agents was at 21,000ish last month. By the time we get to April if it hasn't stabalized, an event book in April would be the time to kill it. Considering the Avengers will be part of it, so most likely they'll be there too.

The only thread he has left is Gorillia Man working for Dracula. And if he paces it the same way he's doing 1 million B.C Avengers, people may have lost interest.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

It's interesting that we are concerned that AoW will be cancelled since its sales are in the 20k range but the main Black Panther run is in the 10k range, but people are saying it will go on for another year or 2.

The only reason I see Coates continuing is because his earlier sales were so high, Marvel has made enough money to afford the loss they are taking currently on the run. I mean, isn't 10k sales the cancelation zone for comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    It's interesting that we are concerned that AoW will be cancelled since its sales are in the 20k range but the main Black Panther run is in the 10k range, but people are saying it will go on for another year or 2.

The only reason I see Coates continuing is because his earlier sales were so high, Marvel has made enough money to afford the loss they are taking currently on the run. I mean, isn't 10k sales the cancelation zone for comics.
    The solo book is established with a movie franchise to keep it going with low sales. AoW is a spinoff book that has no outside backing. It's as vulnerable to cancellation as any other side book.

If they cancel BP for low sales, it's a tacit admission that their choice to hire Coates backfired.

If they cancel AoW, it's just another poor-selling Avengers/Panther spinoff.

There are also factors like online sales and trade sales, which Coates books do fairly well at.

The solo book is established with a movie franchise to keep it going with low sales. AoW is a spinoff book that has no outside backing. It's as vulnerable to cancellation as any other side book.
    I am not sure the movie franchise has anything to do with the comic sales. Besides the people in this board who don't like how T'Challa & Wakanda are portrayed in Coates run, many people online say the book is just boring. I don't think Marvel wants to produce a boring book. Coates has had that criticism since he started on BP.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    If they cancel BP for low sales, it's a tacit admission that their choice to hire Coates backfired.

If they cancel AoW, it's just another poor-selling Avengers/Panther spinoff.
    Cancelling books or changing creative teams happens all the time, so Coates shouldn't be different.

There are also factors like online sales and trade sales, which Coates books do fairly well at.

Other comics sale online and have trades but are not sitting at 14k in comic sales. That shouldn't be an excuse for Coates's run.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 01-16-2020 at 10:31 AM.

I am not sure the movie franchise has anything to do with the comic sales. Besides the people in this board who don't like how T'Challa & Wakanda are portrayed in Coates run, many people online say the book is just boring. I don't think Marvel wants to produce a boring book. Coates has had that criticism since he started on BP.

Cancelling books or changing creative teams happens all the time, so Coates shouldn't be different.

Other comics sale online and have trades but are not sitting at 14k in comic sales. That shouldn't be an excuse for Coates's run.
    It's not just selling online and trades, but whether or not you're selling well. How well to be exact. If you're making enough money online and with trades, it can make up for not selling as well at the comic shops. It's not an excuse, but rather business... money is money, whether its coming from sales or online or from comic shops.

Obviously we don't know those numbers... only marvel does. So they know books make the most sense to keep and which ones make the most sense to cut their loses in.

It has nothing to do with sales. But because the character has a popular franchise outside of comics, they'd be willing to let it go even with low sales numbers. If only just to have potential in the market.

It has nothing to do with sales. But because the character has a popular franchise outside of comics, they'd be willing to let it go even with low sales numbers. If only just to have potential in the market.
    Coates writing the book does not help for the sequel.

It's not just selling online and trades, but whether or not you're selling well. How well to be exact. If you're making enough money online and with trades, it can make up for not selling as well at the comic shops. It's not an excuse, but rather business... money is money, whether its coming from sales or online or from comic shops.

Obviously we don't know those numbers... only marvel does. So they know books make the most sense to keep and which ones make the most sense to cut their loses in.
    Well....until you actually know if the trades are selling good, at this point all we know is that fans in majority are not interested in what Coates is currently writing for Black Panther.