Page 573 of 668 FirstFirst ... 73473523563569570571572573574575576577583623 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 10015
  1. #8581
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Wasn't that like 20yrs ago?

    How many Wakandan ridiculing plots has the xmen had in that time?
    The amount of times x office has taken pot shots at the BP franchise is ridiculous, like a scorned ex who can't move the frak on

  2. #8582
    Spectacular Member Paul Muad'Dib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    The State Of Misery (pronouced Missouri)
    Posts
    160

    Default

    WWO Shadow League Panthers (The Suicide Squad of Wukanda) 2016



    PQ Shadow Council? 2000 after 16

    It's not luck. Fans need to be prepared to protest (in your own creative way). I will continue to push these MFs to the edge. We don't have to take what they give us.

    RJ could be the best... with our help. I believe he needs our aid. You want better BP stories? Prove it!

  3. #8583
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Weeeeell, there is another option.....one that very much fits and strongly benefits Tchalla.

    Gentle as a Wakandan spy, an X-Men infiltrator who has been feeding BP with all behind the scenes X-Men and mutant info. False backstory, tactically implanted false memories to get around telepaths and Wakandan "actors" as his hating mum and "xenophobic" wakandans aawhenever Gentle is in Wakanda alongside the X-Men (I'm whatever story).

    Gentle's hating mum is actually his spy handler....Gentle being a son of a hatute zeraze and Dora milage couple.

    This would feed and fit directly into Hudlin's Wakandan spy network and into Priest's BP character profile.....and could be crucial in current Wakanda - Krakoa relations given the present Krakoa nation(& it's relations with other nations) wider story ongoing in the X-Men right now.
    This. I agree with this. Been saying for years it's super weird that Wakanda filled with Mutants , and VibeMutate needs to send anyone to the X-Men.
    And then at that just one. He always felt like a spy. Still waiting in fact for this to be revealed.
    But got much love for Gentle. His backstory and Wakanda upbringing speaks volumes and bring more tib bits into regular Wakadian.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 10-17-2020 at 04:33 PM.

  4. #8584
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    I would love to see Hunter make a return. And part of the royal cast. He should be the thorn in Tchalla side, and be beloved by the people of Wakanda more than Tchalla.
    I always felt Hunter was more Wakadian than Tchalla. Seeing how hard he tried fitting in. And being personal raise by king Tchaka himself. And I wouldn't want to believe simply because he was the king adopted son was the only reason he rose to the rank of Wakanda Military.
    I would say Hunter is more old School Wakanda than Tchalla is.

  5. #8585
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    798

    Default

    I'd definitely want to see Hunter again

  6. #8586
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I would love to see Hunter make a return. And part of the royal cast. He should be the thorn in Tchalla side, and be beloved by the people of Wakanda more than Tchalla.
    I always felt Hunter was more Wakadian than Tchalla. Seeing how hard he tried fitting in. And being personal raise by king Tchaka himself. And I wouldn't want to believe simply because he was the king adopted son was the only reason he rose to the rank of Wakanda Military.
    I would say Hunter is more old School Wakanda than Tchalla is.
    I would be down with him coming back, but no, I disagree that he should be loved more that T'Challa, frak that type of message it would send. He is supposed to be a reverse Tarzan in a sense. He should have some people loyal to him but his whole role was that he was an extreme nationalist, and a foil to T'Challa

  7. #8587
    Mighty Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I would love to see Hunter make a return. And part of the royal cast. He should be the thorn in Tchalla side, and be beloved by the people of Wakanda more than Tchalla.
    I always felt Hunter was more Wakadian than Tchalla. Seeing how hard he tried fitting in. And being personal raise by king Tchaka himself. And I wouldn't want to believe simply because he was the king adopted son was the only reason he rose to the rank of Wakanda Military.
    I would say Hunter is more old School Wakanda than Tchalla is.
    There's so much potential for internal dynamics narrative stories pitting Hunter as a foil for T'Challa. My fear is this current trend of jamming a female into EVERY single element of everything! No problem creating a venue and path where stories about The Dora, and Shuri exist, but i feel lately T'Challa has been getting crowded out of his own universe with the exception of The Avengers book.

  8. #8588
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,685

    Default

    I could go the rest of my life just fine without ever seeing Hunter again lol. Like Ross, he was shoehorned into the mythos to make T'Challa's world more palatable to white male audiences at a time when Priest believed you needed to add random non-blacks to a story to sell a black character.

    It's 2020 and I frankly don't see what Hunter brings to the table outside the whole white grievance thing that taints the perception of the franchise and takes up space for more interesting characters. Killmonger better fits the "lost son" niche (especially if they take more influence from the MCU) and with a character like M'Baku, a close friend turned enemy, you already have the traitor/well-intentioned traditionalist villain. The niche of rogue Hatut Zeraze can be grafted onto the Hyena Clan, which is basically what happened in Rise, and the sibling that's more pro-Wakanda than T'Challa role is occupied by Shuri.

    T'Challa should obviously have white friends and allies, I liked Ross a lot in the MCU and would like to see that version used more prominently in the next solo. But I don't think the mythos needs a white Wakandan that under a poor writer could fall into the white savior trap (more loved than T'Challa?) or be a drag-on kept around to add "diversity" to the blackest franchise in comics. The character wasn't necessary under Priest and he's especially unnecessary in a more modern, sensible era.

  9. #8589
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    There's so much potential for internal dynamics narrative stories pitting Hunter as a foil for T'Challa. My fear is this current trend of jamming a female into EVERY single element of everything! No problem creating a venue and path where stories about The Dora, and Shuri exist, but i feel lately T'Challa has been getting crowded out of his own universe with the exception of The Avengers book.
    He has, which is one of many reasons why the current book is floundering. Even outside Hunter, who I think would be a detriment to the franchise at this point, you got this bloated supporting cast. We don't need more than 1 prominent Dora in Okoye, wtf do Ayo and Aneka have to offer other than being lesbians and one-time villains?

    If we already had Kaspar Cole and Vibraxas why did we get Akili and Manifold as male proteges/allies? How is T'Challa's love interest a more dynamic and fleshed out character than the title character himself? Black Panther is definitely being pushed to the background of his own mythos both in terms of his solo and general perception as a property. You can't even mention the man without having an accompanying "strong female characters" right beside it. And that type of perception will impact the core of the franchise itself as Marvel pushes the IP to be an ensemble.

    Marvel's putting the cart before the horse with the IP, wanting to build these (often times female-led) spin-offs without putting in the work it takes to construct a solid center. No one will read a Shuri or Dora Milaje book if people aren't interested in T'Challa himself. In their mad dash to build this Batman-esque franchise (a World of Wakanda if you will), they've turned the solo into a showcase for pet characters and black women rather than having T'Challa as the anchor from which other properties can spawn.

  10. #8590
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I could go the rest of my life just fine without ever seeing Hunter again lol. Like Ross, he was shoehorned into the mythos to make T'Challa's world more palatable to white male audiences at a time when Priest believed you needed to add random non-blacks to a story to sell a black character.

    It's 2020 and I frankly don't see what Hunter brings to the table outside the whole white grievance thing that taints the perception of the franchise and takes up space for more interesting characters. Killmonger better fits the "lost son" niche (especially if they take more influence from the MCU) and with a character like M'Baku, a close friend turned enemy, you already have the traitor/well-intentioned traditionalist villain. The niche of rogue Hatut Zeraze can be grafted onto the Hyena Clan, which is basically what happened in Rise, and the sibling that's more pro-Wakanda than T'Challa role is occupied by Shuri.

    T'Challa should obviously have white friends and allies, I liked Ross a lot in the MCU and would like to see that version used more prominently in the next solo. But I don't think the mythos needs a white Wakandan that under a poor writer could fall into the white savior trap (more loved than T'Challa?) or be a drag-on kept around to add "diversity" to the blackest franchise in comics. The character wasn't necessary under Priest and he's especially unnecessary in a more modern, sensible era.
    I think the fact that Hunter is an antagonist likely means we don't have a whole lot to worry about as far as him being viewed as a white savior. The fact that he's both family just makes it more personal, which I think is a good thing.

  11. #8591
    BCB 4sake Baned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I could go the rest of my life just fine without ever seeing Hunter again lol. Like Ross, he was shoehorned into the mythos to make T'Challa's world more palatable to white male audiences at a time when Priest believed you needed to add random non-blacks to a story to sell a black character.

    It's 2020 and I frankly don't see what Hunter brings to the table outside the whole white grievance thing that taints the perception of the franchise and takes up space for more interesting characters. Killmonger better fits the "lost son" niche (especially if they take more influence from the MCU) and with a character like M'Baku, a close friend turned enemy, you already have the traitor/well-intentioned traditionalist villain. The niche of rogue Hatut Zeraze can be grafted onto the Hyena Clan, which is basically what happened in Rise, and the sibling that's more pro-Wakanda than T'Challa role is occupied by Shuri.

    T'Challa should obviously have white friends and allies, I liked Ross a lot in the MCU and would like to see that version used more prominently in the next solo. But I don't think the mythos needs a white Wakandan that under a poor writer could fall into the white savior trap (more loved than T'Challa?) or be a drag-on kept around to add "diversity" to the blackest franchise in comics. The character wasn't necessary under Priest and he's especially unnecessary in a more modern, sensible era.
    Cant be better said..

  12. #8592
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the fact that Hunter is an antagonist likely means we don't have a whole lot to worry about as far as him being viewed as a white savior. The fact that he's both family just makes it more personal, which I think is a good thing.
    The bold.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I would be down with him coming back, but no, I disagree that he should be loved more that T'Challa, frak that type of message it would send. He is supposed to be a reverse Tarzan in a sense. He should have some people loyal to him but his whole role was that he was an extreme nationalist, and a foil to T'Challa

    This is what I want explore

  13. #8593
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    I still say Hunter is the Nick Fury of Wakanda

  14. #8594
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    He has, which is one of many reasons why the current book is floundering. Even outside Hunter, who I think would be a detriment to the franchise at this point, you got this bloated supporting cast. We don't need more than 1 prominent Dora in Okoye, wtf do Ayo and Aneka have to offer other than being lesbians and one-time villains?

    If we already had Kaspar Cole and Vibraxas why did we get Akili and Manifold as male proteges/allies? How is T'Challa's love interest a more dynamic and fleshed out character than the title character himself? Black Panther is definitely being pushed to the background of his own mythos both in terms of his solo and general perception as a property. You can't even mention the man without having an accompanying "strong female characters" right beside it. And that type of perception will impact the core of the franchise itself as Marvel pushes the IP to be an ensemble.

    Marvel's putting the cart before the horse with the IP, wanting to build these (often times female-led) spin-offs without putting in the work it takes to construct a solid center. No one will read a Shuri or Dora Milaje book if people aren't interested in T'Challa himself. In their mad dash to build this Batman-esque franchise (a World of Wakanda if you will), they've turned the solo into a showcase for pet characters and black women rather than having T'Challa as the anchor from which other properties can spawn.
    This is true, I really don't like how Marvel is handling the BP franchise. What's worse is when those faile? T'Challa is the one who loses

  15. #8595
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I would love to see Hunter make a return. And part of the royal cast. He should be the thorn in Tchalla side, and be beloved by the people of Wakanda more than Tchalla.
    I always felt Hunter was more Wakadian than Tchalla. Seeing how hard he tried fitting in. And being personal raise by king Tchaka himself. And I wouldn't want to believe simply because he was the king adopted son was the only reason he rose to the rank of Wakanda Military.
    I would say Hunter is more old School Wakanda than Tchalla is.
    I also want to see Hunter return but respectfully hell no to your TNC type pro-hating Tchalla type story.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •