Page 132 of 750 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232632 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Bingo, I read his first book and that is exactly what he channeled into the discussion. The idea the black have no agency politically or in physicality. So we should just exist in some kind of gloomy castdown state, never to take aggressive action to change, never to resist the culture that seeks to destroy our semblance life. Somehow I held out hope that he would still bring a fully empowered black male character as a means of reflecting all the possibilities of a black man unleashed, and on a mission. Unfortunately we got a double down of the dysfunction that continues to be heaped on black men in these times.
    T'challa got "mad" once. When his mom got blown up.

He proceeded to let goon's punch him like an idiot to show how masculine he was and had to be restrained by Eden.

He then met with Despots.

T'challa hasn't been mad or aggressive sense. Or shown any emotions outside of mopey

It was no coincidence.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

LOL. Coates contributions....

The ONLY thing from his entire run that may stick around is Shuri's new powers, but I'd bet they'll make her more in line with the movie version instead.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post

The ONLY thing from his entire run that may stick around is Shuri's new powers, but I'd bet they'll make her more in line with the movie version instead.
    What are aneka and ayo up to anyway lol?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    catching z's
    "Cable was right!"

He greatly contributed to the misery of the last four years.

Greatly.

But he gave us Goon Slam Garry!

I mean, they already have, more or less. I don't think any writers have leaned much into Griot powers other then in her solo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Coates is not a "safe" writer. Nor is he a "dangerous" writer.

He's a "literary" writer, who gets noticed by newspapers, magazines, and academic journals, but could care less if he's popular.
    For a guy like him with his career, writing Comics is slumming. Well paid slumming maybe, but slumming nonetheless.

He wasn't fussed about the merits (or lack of same) of his comics with the editorial (who aren't about stopping name writers from doing anything anymore.

Marvel was just happy that the first trade did so well (since they were gonna reprint it until the end of days).

It just took longer than I expected for him to get tired of the gig.

Tho I still say he'd of gone faster if they'd of given him Xmen instead of to Hickman.

I won't be surprised that if the Djalia is destroyed Shuri will lose her groot powers. It wasn't as if the rest of Marvel cared for her powers, they wrote her just like MCU Shuri. Even the characterization of her solo didn't match Coates but the MCU.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I won't be surprised that if the Djalia is destroyed Shuri will lose her groot powers. It wasn't as if the rest of Marvel cared for her powers, they wrote her just like MCU Shuri. Even the characterization of her solo didn't match Coates but the MCU.
    I think tchalla will actually find a way to save the djalia as well as the galatic wakandan memories. and characterization wise she was more kiddie but her powers still aligned with her depiction in the main BP book.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I hope Djalia remains after Coates in some sort of fashion. I liked it as a concept and the visuals were always cool. I also hope that Shuri keeps her Griot abilities. Her being (re)written as a tech genius (like her MCU counterpart) and having these ancient abilities I think can make for some interesting stories. However, as others have stated, I wouldn't be surprised if they both disappear.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    For a guy like him with his career, writing Comics is slumming. Well paid slumming maybe, but slumming nonetheless.

He wasn't fussed about the merits (or lack of same) of his comics with the editorial (who aren't about stopping name writers from doing anything anymore.

Marvel was just happy that the first trade did so well (since they were gonna reprint it until the end of days).

It just took longer than I expected for him to get tired of the gig.

Tho I still say he'd of gone faster if they'd of given him Xmen instead of to Hickman.
    X-Men under Coates, I dont think even X-fans deserve that. Though the X-books before hickman came back would have fit his bleak, cynical worldview. Great that he's leaving though, he added nothing and made BP a shell of himself in the name of subverting black male "machismo". Arrgh.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Good.

Destroy it. Take the KotD powers with it. Take the Griot powers with it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I hope Djalia remains after Coates in some sort of fashion. I liked it as a concept and the visuals were always cool. I also hope that Shuri keeps her Griot abilities. Her being (re)written as a tech genius (like her MCU counterpart) and having these ancient abilities I think can make for some interesting stories. However, as others have stated, I wouldn't be surprised if they both disappear.
    I totally agree. Coates addition of the djalia I thought was a nice method to show hos connection to his past and past bps. it reminds me kind of what we saw in the avatar but if it is destroyed maybe he can somehow restore it.

I much prefer coates shuri to the goofy childlike version we got in her solo. we shall see.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Praise to the ancestors the nightmares over!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hopefully never Sane neversane never seen again or take 2 head & 1 to heart if they even are brought back..

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    X-Men under Coates, I dont think even X-fans deserve that. Though the X-books before hickman came back would have fit his bleak, cynical worldview. Great that he's leaving though, he added nothing and made BP a shell of himself in the name of subverting black male "machismo". Arrgh.
    Naw he’s be prefect over there..