Page 26 of 750 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126526 ... LastLast

Fixed

Last edited by KingNomarch; 01-18-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Look! Look at all the shade!

I mean, the lesson that not everything is controllable is true (although it was taught better in f'n KUNG FU PANDA), but in context, what I'm hearing is "You know that T'challa you like? The one who plans for everything? He's WRONG to do so!"

Meh.

ETA: Also, there's a double post in those last pages. I can't tell if a page is missing.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 01-18-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I was about to like where things were going (a spiritual trial is something I've been playing around in my personal headcanon/fanfiction), but then those last three panels happened.

Lol. So Coates thinks T'Challa doesn't already know that isht? Priest panther, Hudlins panther, McDuffie when he did the cross over, liss panther, Redjacks panther. Etc they all know that stuff. But T'Challa adapts why? Because like JA had him say to super skrull, "then you have already lost, for I have trained my entire life to prepare for the unknown"

I was going to say too that Coates can write bin cringey stuff until the very end then just like clockwork, he falls right back into his familiar tropes. Only the women in his stories can talk and act with any sort of confidence and NOT get talked down to (unless it's Storm talking down to someone from the franchise) while T'Challa and us readers keep getting the same message ™ beat over our heads which is "The T'Challa you know and love is too hard for me to write and he is too smart for me, so instead you get a lesser dumbed down version of even Roy Thomas panther"
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 01-18-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Lol. So Coates thinks T'Challa doesn't already know that isht? Priest panther, Hudlins panther, McDuffie when he did the cross over, liss panther, Redjacks panther. Etc they all know that stuff. But T'Challa adapts why? Because like JA had him say to super skrull, "then you have already lost, for I have trained my entire life to prepare for the unknown"

I was going to say too that Coates can write bin cringey stuff until the very end then just like clockwork, he falls right back into his familiar tropes. Only the women in his stories can talk and act with any sort of confidence and NOT get talked down to (unless it's Storm talking down to someone from the franchise) while T'Challa and us readers keep getting the same message ™ beat over our heads which is "The T'Challa you know and love is too hard for me to write and he is too smart for me, so instead you get a lesser dumbed down version of even Roy Thomas panther"
    The stuff underlined is straight fact. I'm tired of all this Coates nonsense. Does anyone happen to know the sales of the last Black Panther comic by Coates lol. See if this nonsense is coming to an end soon lol

What if they gave Coates Fantastic Four or Iron Man to write. It be interesting to see Mr. Fantastic or Stark portrayed so incompetently.

TNC is gonna have T'challa overcome all this crap he made up and have Wakanda "better than ever" inl ike the last 2 pages of his run and everyone is goign to turn around and act like he made the best 5 year saga ever and "better than priest"

guarantee it. Rose colored glasses will come out at the very end and everyone wil forget teh 5 slog and pretend it was awesome all the way through
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    TNC is gonna have T'challa overcome all this crap he made up and have Wakanda "better than ever" inl ike the last 2 pages of his run and everyone is goign to turn around and act like he made the best 5 year saga ever and "better than priest"

guarantee it. Rose colored glasses will come out at the very end and everyone wil forget teh 5 slog and pretend it was awesome all the way through
    I think it's more likely that he's going to explain that T'Challa's true greatness comes from his heritage, in particular, the wisdom of his female ancestors, not anything that any actual Panther has done.

I mean, he even has Shuri casting shade on BAST. It's all "remember the past. learn from the past. Feel guilty about the past."

It would not shock me if T'Challa ends up paying reparations to the Originators for the actions of the Orishas. :smh:

BANNED

I won't.

I never jumped on the bandwagon in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I think it's more likely that he's going to explain that T'Challa's true greatness comes from his heritage, in particular, the wisdom of his female ancestors, not anything that any actual Panther has done.

I mean, he even has Shuri casting shade on BAST. It's all "remember the past. learn from the past. Feel guilty about the past."

It would not shock me if T'Challa ends up paying reparations to the Originators for the actions of the Orishas. :smh:
    Or give the Originators some Wakandan land for taking theirs.

I was just looking at comic sales for the last several issues of Black Panther and they have been in the 19k to 10k range. Hopefully a new creative team is on the way soon.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 01-18-2020 at 03:24 PM.

T'Challa won't even be the driving factor in beating N'Jadaka either. Someone else will do it. History has shown thst T'Challas panther is unable to do anything by himself.

Coates T'Challa is all talk and barely any action and I apparently unable to keep any of his Priest/Hudlin attributes, and Coates literally made Shuri into priest T'Challa in terms of attitude and mannerism. Like how he has her talking to bast should be T'Challas role because HE was made her champion and she bounced, HE had to deal with the fallout and HE saved 616.. but he isn't one who's gotten isht on by everyone under Coates pen..

Also why is riri there? Seriously does everyone abd their grandma get Wakandan passports now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

Also why is riri there? Seriously does everyone abd their grandma get Wakandan passports now?
    It might be in reference to the last Iron heart story were Riri & Shuri became friends.

Has Coates given T'Challa credit for restoring the whole Marvel Universe using the infinity gem yet in his 4 yr run so far? I ask because Coates has mentioned Doomwar, AvX, and Morlun till we're blue in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    It might be in reference to the last Iron heart story were Riri & Shuri became friends.

Has Coates given T'Challa credit for restoring the whole Marvel Universe using the infinity gem yet in his 4 yr run so far? I ask because Coates has mentioned Doomwar, AvX, and Morlun till we're blue in the face.
    I believe so in the Crew but was immediately followed by T'Challa saying he was too scared to fix his marriage while following and moping about Storm.