Page 277 of 750 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287327377 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I am not a fan of that for the comics.

Let that type of thing be SEPARATE from the comics. Why dumb down T'Challa?
    He wasn't dumped down, they just let Shuri do the tech stuff. Like in the movie, the first episode let you know Tchalla was smart, then they handed the responsibility to her.

Some more progress on the Shuri/Shadow of the Panther design.

Part of the EXODUS fan art series over at
    http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/i...topic=18455.45

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Priest run was basically this. I don't know why people keep forgetting that.

T'challa's "genius" was being 10 steps ahead and thinking on the fly in combat. Not building gadgets. All his stuff was pre-made in Priest.
    Because many comics fans don't understand that there is more than one kind of intelligence. Their only baseline for comparison is "what gadgets has he invented!"?

(In all fairness, the writers aren't much better. Nearly every super-scientist in comics could more accurately be called a "super-engineer". Few, if any, do any real research.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Only downside i would see is that you wouldn't want the tech to fall into outsiders hands if it gets lost or stolen. When its powered individuals, there is less chance of reverse engineering.
    Well again, this group is a spec ops group. Think ghost recon, splinter cell etc. They aren't a group that just fights out in the open. They are very secretive ad they arent Frontline fighters. I really had an interest in a joint operation book that dives into the two most elite military groups of Wakanda. The HZ and the DM, and show how they are similar, how they are different, and the skill set between them (for instance, in a 1 to 1 setting, the DM are more dangerous due to being kinda a jack of all trades in training, when when it comes to team orientation, completing missions and objectives, the HZ outclass them in terms of organized strike force) both are dangerous in their own right, and they have a bot of a rivalry between them but when isht gets real? When they come together they are essentially the claws of BP in terms of how devastating they can be

T'challa's "genius" was being 10 steps ahead and thinking on the fly in combat. Not building gadgets. All his stuff was pre-made in Priest.
    Well that, mixed with on the fly genius too like bypassing Toby's energy shield, rewriting Black dragons genetic code. So less lab genius and more conventional and unconventional means.

Honestly I like probably McDuffies version slightly the best between Priest Hudlin and him. Because he mixed both of their styles flawlessly. They always prepared nature of Priest, with the unapologetic hardness of Hudlin

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well again, this group is a spec ops group. Think ghost recon, splinter cell etc. They aren't a group that just fights out in the open. They are very secretive ad they arent Frontline fighters. I really had an interest in a joint operation book that dives into the two most elite military groups of Wakanda. The HZ and the DM, and show how they are similar, how they are different, and the skill set between them (for instance, in a 1 to 1 setting, the DM are more dangerous due to being kinda a jack of all trades in training, when when it comes to team orientation, completing missions and objectives, the HZ outclass them in terms of organized strike force) both are dangerous in their own right, and they have a bot of a rivalry between them but when isht gets real? When they come together they are essentially the claws of BP in terms of how devastating they can be
    Thats one I want to fan fiction write too. Its basically ninja turtles and based out to NY, but they travel the world taking back tech or Vb that gets lost or misused.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Because many comics fans don't understand that there is more than one kind of intelligence. Their only baseline for comparison is "what gadgets has he invented!"?

(In all fairness, the writers aren't much better. Nearly every super-scientist in comics could more accurately be called a "super-engineer". Few, if any, do any real research.)
    I think too many fans judge intelligence by tech feats. It's sort if a rumble board mentality, where this guy is smarter because he can build something bigger and badder than the other guy. Once it begins actually mattering that this character is smarter than that character, they suddenly all need Galactus busting tech feats on panel to qualify.

Not that there's anything wrong with tech feats, but I think Priests mentality of less is more was cooler. Beating someone with windex to me was far more impressive than seeing Aaron bust out random tech. For BP especially the minimalist mentality was just cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think too many fans judge intelligence by tech feats. It's sort if a rumble board mentality, where this guy is smarter because he can build something bigger and badder than the other guy. Once it begins actually mattering that this character is smarter than that character, they suddenly all need Galactus busting tech feats on panel to qualify.

Not that there's anything wrong with tech feats, but I think Priests mentality of less is more was cooler. Beating someone with windex to me was far more impressive than seeing Aaron bust out random tech. For BP especially the minimalist mentality was just cooler.
    Shockingly, I actually agree with you.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by devaishwarya View Post
    the movie was awesome. So i wouldn't mind if they borrowed some elements from it.
    What's more worrisome to me is the empyre trailer stating "a king must fall" while showing the panther emblem split by a sword.
    wakanda forever

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Thats one I want to fan fiction write too. Its basically ninja turtles and based out to NY, but they travel the world taking back tech or Vb that gets lost or misused.
    Yeah it's what I would of loved to see in BP WOW Instead of the twightlight cringe and with Anakin and Padme levels of bad chemistry and creep level

But yeah high tech spec ops combat would be awesome and retrieval of vibranium tech would be cool. But I would do like one story of that then move on, because too much would look bad for Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Shockingly, I actually agree with you.
    just update T'Challas standard gear by Priest and make additions to existing standard tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah it's what I would of loved to see in BP WOW Instead of the twightlight cringe and with Anakin and Padme levels of bad chemistry and creep level

But yeah high tech spec ops combat would be awesome and retrieval of vibranium tech would be cool. But I would do like one story of that then move on, because too much would look bad for Wakanda
    The trick of it is WK sells Vb to Shield, Stark, and other places on their trusted list. Their the ones who lose or misuse it. That's when the team gets sent in.

So outside parties ever really owns it, it's a long term lease. Lol.

Another example would be when Txhalla and Storm gave away advanced prosthetics to those on need. If a group of raiders came and stole them, the team would be sent to handle it.
    Last edited by Cville; 06-25-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Incredible Member

I just want Tchalla have a clear cut Victor no off panel bs.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

I don't want to set inventions as the brain-measure, but I like the idea of T'Challa as an inventor. Warrior-King? Sure, but I really like the idea that he's a genius who can stand on even footing in the lab with the likes of Mr. Fantastic and Hank Pym. I adore that he created the first Quinjet.

I wish the Silver/Bronze Age Avengers had done more with that. Maybe we wouldn't have needed to wait 30 years for Priest to unearth The Black Panther's potential if they had.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

In EoS 2, it was T'Challa that made the modifications to the negato pack used against IronMan. Not anyone esle.

I am pretty sure T'Challa was credited with creating his own standard gear. Not anyone else.

He was the brains and brawn in the Priest run.