Page 103 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2710
  1. #1531
    Be Seeing You…
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    At the very least Wakanda needs to stay this unconquerable technological marvel, otherwise its just like any other kingdom.

    I don't want Wakanda to turn into Atlantis that gets destroyed every other weekend
    I'm pretty sure that ship has already sailed. I've said before that Hudlin making Wakanda unconquerable was just asking for trouble... some writers just LOVE to break a streak.

    (The same thing happened with Black Bolt after he was described as "undefeated in battle" in the Jenkins run. Next thing you know, he's being beaten right & left...)

  2. #1532
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Yeah Wakanda hasn't been "unbeaten" in years. I think even before Hudlin Wakanda has been undefeated, at least that was Priest said on his blog that they never been conquered. Hudlin's mistake was making it known on panel. Like DigiCom said, after Hudlin writers just decided they were going to be the ones to undo that streak.

    SWAD and WitBP? Will likely remain the only stories where we see Wakanda fight off an invasion. I dont count the first attack from the BO since that went mostly unseen.

  3. #1533
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,215

    Default

    People love to break the streak nut do you know how cool abd epic it would be to see why Wakanda was unconquered for 10k+ years, in its full glory?

  4. #1534
    Mighty Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    1,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    People love to break the streak nut do you know how cool abd epic it would be to see why Wakanda was unconquered for 10k+ years, in its full glory?
    first thing i'd fix if i was on the book.

  5. #1535
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    People love to break the streak nut do you know how cool abd epic it would be to see why Wakanda was unconquered for 10k+ years, in its full glory?

    To get any of that it'd require a writer that's genuinely interested in writing and uplifting T'Challa and Wakanda and not another writer who wants to "deconstruct". We have had years worth of stories deconstructing and watching T'Challa and Wakanda get beat repeatedly.

    Contrary to what Coates and writers like him seem to think, neither T'Challa nor Wakanda have been portrayed as being perfect. Not McGregor's, Gillis', Priest's, Hudlin's, or Coogler's, have been. So that narrative needs to die at this point and "deconstructing" is played out.

    T'Challa is supposed to be the most dangerous man alive, it's about time we get stories to remind readers and the rest of the MU of that and that Wakanda went undefeated for 10k years for a reason.

  6. #1536
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    To get any of that it'd require a writer that's genuinely interested in writing and uplifting T'Challa and Wakanda and not another writer who wants to "deconstruct". We have had years worth of stories deconstructing and watching T'Challa and Wakanda get beat repeatedly.

    Contrary to what Coates and writers like him seem to think, neither T'Challa nor Wakanda have been portrayed as being perfect. Not McGregor's, Gillis', Priest's, Hudlin's, or Coogler's, have been. So that narrative needs to die at this point and "deconstructing" is played out.

    T'Challa is supposed to be the most dangerous man alive, it's about time we get stories to remind readers and the rest of the MU of that and that Wakanda went undefeated for 10k years for a reason.
    The problem is that most of their loses were actually outside of the BP book. AvX, Time Runs Out, Secret Empire, etc...

    In order to put pandora back in the box, you'd probably need to have the rest of the MU keep their hands off of Wakanda.

  7. #1537
    Mighty Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    1,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    To get any of that it'd require a writer that's genuinely interested in writing and uplifting T'Challa and Wakanda and not another writer who wants to "deconstruct". We have had years worth of stories deconstructing and watching T'Challa and Wakanda get beat repeatedly.

    Contrary to what Coates and writers like him seem to think, neither T'Challa nor Wakanda have been portrayed as being perfect. Not McGregor's, Gillis', Priest's, Hudlin's, or Coogler's, have been. So that narrative needs to die at this point and "deconstructing" is played out.

    T'Challa is supposed to be the most dangerous man alive, it's about time we get stories to remind readers and the rest of the MU of that and that Wakanda went undefeated for 10k years for a reason.

    A BASELINE Wakandan warrior should be capable of fighting a member of the Hand to a draw, at worst. that's just a regular soldier. Dora should be head and shoulders above them and the panthers head and shoulders (at least) above the dora.

    start there.

    I've hated the devolution of Wakanda since DOOM WAR and would fix that [redacted] on day one.

  8. #1538
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    701

    Default




  9. #1539
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    701

    Default



  10. #1540
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Looks like Storm to the rescue again

  11. #1541
    Be Seeing You…
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,802

    Default

    "If he reaches Earth with his full army, Wakanda is doomed."

    :smfh:

  12. #1542
    Get Hectic! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,197

    Default

    Cocreator of Black Panther... Jack "King" Kirby!





    This man is soooooooo REAL...


    We need his ghost from the past to come back and remind this generation how to do it with some heart!


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-BTa_lQ6uQ
    Get Hectic!

  13. #1543
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,215

    Default

    Does anyone else find it so tiring that in T'Challas book, he is NOT showing up in any of the previews yet we see Storm and people praising her as if it's her book.

    Also yeah the whole Wakanda is Doomed isht is dumb

  14. #1544
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    first thing i'd fix if i was on the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    A BASELINE Wakandan warrior should be capable of fighting a member of the Hand to a draw, at worst. that's just a regular soldier. Dora should be head and shoulders above them and the panthers head and shoulders (at least) above the dora.

    start there.

    I've hated the devolution of Wakanda since DOOM WAR and would fix that [redacted] on day one.
    You would think this would be such a simple yet obvious thought process to go through yet here we are, seeing previews of Wakandans saying they will be doomed if N'Jadakas full army shows up and hoping Storm their "goddess" can give them hope... In T'Challas book... With T'Challa no where to be seen

  15. #1545
    Be Seeing You…
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,802

    Default

    There does seem to be a worrying trend, even outside of the main book, of rejecting Wakandan exceptionalism. I mean, look at the latest solicits... Wakanda is invaded (twice, apparently) and both times they need help from the Avengers and/or Agents (only one of whom is actually Wakandan) to save the nation. It's almost like, with the exception of T'Challa, Shuri, and occasionally Okoye, Wakandans aren't capable of anything at all without help. Coates is simply more blatant about it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •