Page 109 of 750 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 11243
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    DC can't handle the black characters they got, why would I want any of them to try. Lol. Best case would be Jeff Lamire only due to what I saw him do Mr. Terrific. But he's not DC exclusive anyway.

Are you asking because of that article about 5G and AT&T?
    DC brings in over 5 billion a year when you look at all they do from comics to tv to merchandise. AT& T is not that stupid.

And remember how many black lead DC books got derailed by EDITORS? Static, John Stewart, Black Lightning, Jason Rusch & Cyborg say HI. 3 of these guys had the same (black) editor.

If you wanted to go supernatural John Rozum had not trouble doing that with X-Files & Xombi. Don't judge him by New 52 Static-only thing he contributed was naming a school after McDuffie.

Marc Bernardin (took over Static) who is doing Netflix's Masters of the Universe & Treadstone.

Van Jensen-one of the few guys who did some justice to John Stewart.

Stuart Moore & Dan Jolley (Jason Rusch)

John Sempter Jr-he tried with Cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    DC brings in over 5 billion a year when you look at all they do from comics to tv to merchandise. AT& T is not that stupid.

And remember how many black lead DC books got derailed by EDITORS? Static, John Stewart, Black Lightning, Jason Rusch & Cyborg say HI. 3 of these guys had the same (black) editor.

If you wanted to go supernatural John Rozum had not trouble doing that with X-Files & Xombi. Don't judge him by New 52 Static-only thing he contributed was naming a school after McDuffie.

Marc Bernardin (took over Static) who is doing Netflix's Masters of the Universe & Treadstone.

The rumor is the publishing arm would be closed. They'd keep the licensing and keep making everything that is not comics.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Wasn't he also the head writer for the 90s Spider-Man animated series?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Christopher Priest
    This would be ideal.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    If you were given control of a Black Panther book tomorrow, what would be the five most important changes you would make? They don't even have to be changes, but what would be the first five things you would do to bring the book in line with how you see the Panther and his world?
    1) I would underscore the differences between T'challa and Shrui's genius/areas of interest. For example, T'challa would be more the scientist (theorical physics and applied mathematics) and Shuri would be more tech person (computer and electrical engineering). Also I make it official that T'challa is super-genius instead of a genius (Lol not that big a deal I know, but it does bother me).

2)Bring back/solidify his supporting cast and rogues gallery. Allies and/or supporting characters: Taku, Wakbi, Zuri, Ross, Storm, Vibraxas, QDJ, Romanda, Shuri, Falcon, Spectrum, F4, Iron Man, Captain America, Daredevil, War Machine, Luke Cage, Sofija, Doctor Voodoo and Okoye. Villains: Doom, Nightshade, Malice, Achebe, Klaw, Man-Ape, Killmonger, Supremacist, Madam Slay, Zanda, A.I.M., Jakarra, The Hand, Kingpin, Hydra, Morlun, Moss Magnum and competing gods to Bast. Some people/things in the middle: Hunter, Namor and Krakoa.

3)Bring back the Wakandan monarchy and elaborate on the nobility in Wakanda. The Panther tribe/members of the royal family would sit at the top of the social hierarchy, Upper nobles would be the tribes that run all the Birnins (with the exception of captial), lower nobles would be the families that head the remaining 12 tribes run the rural areas (representatives of the upper and lower nobility make the tribal council and each family is either favored by a Wakandan, Vodu or Egyptian deity. Or, the family has a mutation that gives them some enhanced or even superhuman ability), commoners are Wakandan citizen who are not directly related to the noble or royal families, then you have foreigners and prisoners.

4) Give T'challa a standard equipment set: anti-metal claws (would also be highly effective cutting magic based items, energy, or beings), Kimoyo, panther habit with vibranium weave, energy damping boots, hard-light shielding (composed of particles that can only manifest through shadow physics, meaning that it is virtual impenetrable. However, there is a downside. Its just a small localized shield, he can't move while using it, it doesn't last for long, and due to the nature and amount of energy being channeled through his habit at this point, his side not covered by his shield is extremely vulnerable to attack), energy daggers (made up of shadow physics particles) like in Avengers:EMH's, and finally energized gauntlets and boots for when he face Hulk level threats (the limitations are similar to his shield: don't last long, the parts of his body not energized are very vulnerable to attack, but he can move around when like this.

5) Differentiate between the various tribes:Each of the 18 tribes would also VERY different beliefs (pro vs anti technology, matriarchy vs patriarchy (or neither), Expansion vs Isolation, magic vs science)

I mostly lurk in these threads, but I felt the need to share.

AVENGERS' JASON AARON Sees a Showdown Coming with JONATHAN HICKMAN's X-MEN and All of MARVEL U

Avengers writer Jason Aaron is laying out a years-long roadmap for the title that delves into many threads from his past work - and it's possible another clash with the X-Men, who Aaron wrote for years, is on the horizon.

Speaking to Newsarama about his relationship with X-Men writer Jonathan Hickman and how a throwdown between their versions of the venerable teams might look, Aaron hinted that a confrontation between the current Avengers and X-Men of Krakoa is all but inevitable.

Jonathan’s plans are continuing to unfold, and as we all know Jonathan’s plans tend to stretch forward in terms of years, not just a few issues, years worth of storyline," Aaron explained. "We’ve seen such a profound shift and change in terms of the X-Men’s place in the Marvel Universe, I think you have to know that change is gonna be reflected not just across all the X-books as we’ve seen, but it’s gonna bleed out into every corner of the Marvel Universe at some point or another."

Aaron wouldn't go any further in hinting at an actual rematch between the teams, who came to blows in 2012's Avengers Vs. X-Men, but did seem affable to the idea - and to a rivalry with Jonathan Hickman, himself a former Avengers writer.

"As long as I don’t have to be in the same room as Jonathan Hickman unless it’s absolutely necessary," Aaron said with a laugh. "I am down for the X-Men continuing to be a big part of the Marvel Universe."
    https://www.newsarama.com/49157-jaso...n-hickman.html

If Marvel does choose to do another AvX, I just pray that it doesn't end the same way for BP as it did last time.

Jonathan’s plans are continuing to unfold, and as we all know Jonathan’s plans tend to stretch forward in terms of years, not just a few issues, years worth of storyline,"
    lol, screw story development nad progress, just time jump lol

hickman gonna hickman
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    lol, screw story development nad progress, just time jump lol

hickman gonna hickman
    Regardless of basic internal logic or not.

Cabal of the world's smartest men: The incursions are destroying reality. We must choose between our world and alternate worlds.

Literally no one: Maybe find the cause and stop it there?

When it comes down to it I truly dislike the X-Men. Their whole basis is extremely frustrating and some of their fan base can be unbearable, as with the writers who pen their stories

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    If Marvel does choose to do another AvX, I just pray that it doesn't end the same way for BP as it did last time.
    This time around it seems more like the world against the X-Men than just the Avengers. In the least, seems like the FF and the X-Men have a beef almost right out of the gate.

Also there are a LOT less Avengers now, and a whole island of mutants. So AvX almost wouldn't be a fair fight.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Bob Iger stepped down. Wonder how this impacts Black Panther 2. Bob was a big proponent of the 1st movie and was the one who made the call to invest 25 more million into the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Bob Iger stepped down. Wonder how this impacts Black Panther 2. Bob was a big proponent of the 1st movie and was the one who made the call to invest 25 more million into the movie.
    Artilcle said he's still with the company as Executive Chairman. If anything he'll have more creative control to add more money.

So I hear T'challa doesn't even make an appearance in the latest issue of BP

You forget that before John Semper we had David F. Walker's run which DC completely shafted after what..... like 8 issues in? The potential Cyborg had since 2011 vs what we got will never nto drive me insane. Especially when I look at what Walker and Semper tried to do with teh character.

Steel's been in psuedo limbo, Morrison had ideas for him in th enew 52, then he got shipped off to be Super Woman's love interest and that books long sinced cancelled.

I guess Black Lightning's still around, in Batman and th eOutsiders but...... thats not exactly new territory.

No clue where Vixen is.

John Stewart's back in the Justice League, but the latest run has been weird to say the least.

Jeff Lemire's the Terrifics is flying under the radar now, basically being a more Fantastic Four book then what Marvel is putting out right now. I honestly don't try to push books anymore, because I'm paranoid it has a negative effect. Someone somehow will take notice and completely undermine said title.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Wasn't he also the head writer for the 90s Spider-Man animated series?
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    As long as T'Challa actually wins a figh this time. And Wakanda doesn't get decimated in the process (again)

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    as long as Feige's still there its fine. BP is already Marvel's unexpected jewel. They should simply focus on not messing up. BP 2 will likely not be as influential/good as BP 1, but they just have to be smart and do the franchise justice.
    Last edited by Jabare; 02-26-2020 at 05:06 AM.
    The J-man

Chokes continues to spew hot garbage as usual. spoilers:
    T’Challa is nowhere to be seen this issue as it’s yet another Storm wankfest. Not to mention it seems like Nakia has been killed off.
    end of spoilers

Ugh. Just screw this guy. At this point I can only pray this is his final arc.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"