Page 11 of 750 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    This is true. If Marvel Comics belies in T'Challa as a character and his franchise, then they will give him a new writer or have more editorial influence over the run.
    They keep hoping/thinking that combining a relaunch with Coates' initial success(long since faded) will give it a sales boost.

But it's all trending downward. There's no buzz or excitement about anything Coates is doing on this title.

If they give this dude another series, they'd better pair him with someone who knows how to write comics. Or just don't give him another series.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They keep hoping/thinking that combining a relaunch with Coates' initial success(long since faded) will give it a sales boost.

But it's all trending downward. There's no buzz or excitement about anything Coates is doing on this title.

If they give this dude another series, they'd better pair him with someone who knows how to write comics. Or just don't give him another series.
    As much as I dislike Coates, I don't think he's leaving any time soon.

If for no other reason than the fact that he holds a great deal of outside social influence

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

If for no other reason than the fact that he holds a great deal of outside social influence
    That maybe but it's not doing anything for Black Panther comic sales.

He'll be on long enough to reach the legacy milestone but at some point, Marvel has to cut it's losses and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It won't matter about the relaunch. Fans already know enough about Coates to make a decision. I don't see this helping sales.

They need a new writer with a better vision, someone with a more optimistic approach.
    That's why I'm hoping the relaunch is horrendous numbers, and forces marvel to reconsider this "intellectual" they have let run rampant on the mythos for 4 years. Marvel has had to intervene multiple times to save his run and they need to let it go. His name doesn't have any draw To it. His literary buddies have bailed and so has the majority of the fanbase. Time to reboot

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That's why I'm hoping the relaunch is horrendous numbers, and forces marvel to reconsider this "intellectual" they have let run rampant on the mythos for 4 years. Marvel has had to intervene multiple times to save his run and they need to let it go. His name doesn't have any draw To it. His literary buddies have bailed and so has the majority of the fanbase. Time to reboot
    if this run is the last there may be another BP hiatus much like it was after hudlin run ended.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    if this run is the last there may be another BP hiatus much like it was after hudlin run ended.
    There wasn't a hiatus after Hudlin. Mayberry ran for a year or more and Liss was writing for a year after that.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    There wasn't a hiatus after Hudlin. Mayberry ran for a year or more and Liss was writing for a year after that.
    does anyone really count them though? but after them then the book went on hiatus.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

does anyone really count them though? but after them then the book went on hiatus.
    Yes, we count those, especially David Liss, the 3rd most respected BP writer after Priest and Hudlin imo.

Maberry had Shuri become Black Panther so no one ignores that either.

Coates counts it since he makes references to it. I don't like Mayberry save for some of the art, but I dont pretend like it didnt happen. Hickman came along and fixed most of it in FF and Avengers. Liss had good writing, but suffered from a premise that didnt appeal anyone except Marvel executives, leading to numbers similar to what Coates is getting now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Coates counts it since he makes references to it. I don't like Mayberry save for some of the art, but I dont pretend like it didnt happen. Hickman came along and fixed most of it in FF and Avengers. Liss had good writing, but suffered from a premise that didnt appeal anyone except Marvel executives, leading to numbers similar to what Coates is getting now.
    But his Black Panther tho'.....awesome.

MCU Black Panther:

I still prefer Black Panther's Civil War mask over the new one. Even though the new one is CGI and may be easier for Chadwick Boseman, I don't know why they couldn't or didn't make the new CGI mask look like the Civil War mask/helmet. Hopefully I'll like his mask in the sequel (if they change it again).
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 01-05-2020 at 03:16 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

He didn't go on hiatus. And T'Challa isn't going to go anywhere. Especially with the MCU success, the Black panther quest success, the fact that he is yhe chairman of the Avengers and overseeing AoW, marvel will relaunch him abd continue yo until he gets a solid writer and stabilizes like Carol. And of marvel is smart then they will get the guy who got critical acclaim for the animation

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

This......

Especially if they are looking towards Black Panther 200.
    That movie and Oscar wins assure a Panther book no matter what.

Also in terms of black heroes-excluding Miles-he has ZERO competition.

See Tyler Perry. Who has given him a run for his money to make him improve his product? NOBODY.
    He has had how many tv shows? 10 shows with only 1 not making it to a third season.
    With as many complaints about his stuff he has not improved because he has ZERO reason to. He has ZERO competition.

Coates has zero reasons. Other than Miles-who is out there? Luke Fox as Batman is not going to budge Marvel.

I hate to say it, I don't see Black Panther books packing bins. So store owners have zero to cry about.

Unless DC comes after him and says here is John Stewart or Cyborg or (worst) Batman. He is not leaving.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    This......

Especially if they are looking towards Black Panther 200.
    That movie and Oscar wins assure a Panther book no matter what.

Also in terms of black heroes-excluding Miles-he has ZERO competition.

See Tyler Perry. Who has given him a run for his money to make him improve his product? NOBODY.
    He has had how many tv shows? 10 shows with only 1 not making it to a third season.
    With as many complaints about his stuff he has not improved because he has ZERO reason to. He has ZERO competition.

Coates has zero reasons. Other than Miles-who is out there? Luke Fox as Batman is not going to budge Marvel.

I hate to say it, I don't see Black Panther books packing bins. So store owners have zero to cry about.

Unless DC comes after him and says here is John Stewart or Cyborg or (worst) Batman. He is not leaving.
    For at least the last two months, Coates's run has been in the cancelation zone. I could practically obtain every issue he has done in comic form, except his original 1st four issues. At some point the comic division of Marvel is losing money on his run. Nation Under Feet was the run that sold very well, but since then it has not been as strong.

So, Marvel at some point will probably look at the dollars the book is bringing in and make a decision. Keep Coates under a heavier editorial oversight, find a new creative team, or just cancel the book all together. Because if it keeps going this way, Coates will be selling only 10k copies a month pretty soon.

Based on how Carol Captain Marvel has been doing, hopefully they will just get a new creative team and let Coates continue to write Captain America. As previously mentioned, after Hudlin came Mayberry & Liss. Based the ridiculous premise, Liss run is a good showing of T'Challa. And Coates can't stop referring back to Mayberry.

Many fans of BP have already expressed their dissatisfaction of Coates take on BP and the sales confirm it. Coates run will NOT make you a fan of T'Challa, as mentioned in the videos I have posted from book reviewers. Many of us don't really read/collect the run and are tired of Coates destroying the mythos, so cancelation maybe a viable option. We would just follow Avengers & Agents of Wakanda ( as we currently do).

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Besides, once Coates is off BP and just writing Captain America, then Steve and his team can start praying to Storm for help fighting Red Skull lol. Sharon Carter can start reminding Cap of how much of a goddess Ororo is lol.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 01-05-2020 at 06:03 PM.