Page 111 of 236 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3536
  1. #1651
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    1,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    NO!!!! You keep him. Coates is too boring.
    Nah, he’s done enough damage. He is a bore but at least he actually gives a shot about your character. Meanwhile we’re four years in and he STILL has yet to give T’Challa an honest to god feat. So yeah, Coates and Storm just need to permanently fuck off to Krakoa and not let the door hit them on the way out please and thank you. And they can take Eden with them.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  2. #1652
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I care too little to even muster an appropriate gif.

    Anyone that does like this issue or this arc as a whole can promptly join my ever growing ignore list because at least I know you don't like T'challa and thus aren't worth the energy to discuss the character with.

    This is beyond disrespectful at this point.

    Coates makes me hate "woke" people.
    Yeah, my experience with the "woke" crowd has left a bad taste in my mouth. They scream abd whine and demand this stuff then don't support it but then are "outraged" when a company cuts off the parasite.

    That's what Coates is, and his story continues to just isht all over the title character and men in general. Notice how in the issue all the men have the same head down defeated look yet the women are in control, hopefully, determined, etc? Like I'm not saying that it is bad that the women looked good, But like I have said before, Making Black men look bad to prop up Black women or vice versa is stupid and is cannibalizing each other instead of respecting both.

    But what bothered me even more is that even though the women were in control, Coates still insists on making Storm the center focus, the savior, and without her Wakanda is Doomed, the same place that reppelled Thanos and destroyed Atlantis, in the same time frame, is all of a sudden unable to win against N'Jadaka and his army of redshirts without Storm..

    And the deal with Nakia? I mean again wtf was the point of killing off old Nakia to bring in new Nakia, have some drama love triangle bullisht just to then drop that thread, drop any development with the character, then this issue with her "back story" (Which still didn't give a good reason for why she joined, it was a very cliche and uninspired) and then just wasted everyone's time..

    There is clearly not story or direction, just piling more and more isht and Marvel is too scared to dumb him and get a true champion of BP (Redjack) onto the book

  3. #1653
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,907

    Default

    Yeah, I don't undersand why they had a bad boring mini with the soul purpose of killing off Nakia if this was the plan with nuNakia?

    I mean... just leave her in limbo? Or keep her as a villain... BP needs villains. I don't get it.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  4. #1654
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    he thinks black masculinity is a problem so he is fixing it the best way he knows how!
    Remember, This is how you are T'Challa some kids Spiderman! Thisnis how you inspire young boys of the next generation, by saying "You aint isht compared to women, look! This dude is the King of the most advanced nation on earth, and he ain't isht compared to women, what chance do you have?"

  5. #1655
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Wasn't a great issue unless you're a Storm and none of the Nakia stuff was surprising and was predictable which leaves me asking once again why did Coates waste time on the drama with Nakia?

    Marvel should really just give Coates the Storm book that he wants and take him off Black Panther.
    Coates spent time with Nakia and M'Baku because a book needs a supporting cast. For most of the story T'Challa was away from the earth, so he needed to interact with other charactrers we could actually give a dam about.

    Plus I'm sure movie synergy came into play there to some degree as well.

    For what it's worth, I'm not sure Nakia is even done with the story. Comics rarely work that way. But we'll see.

  6. #1656
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,017

    Default

    I called it. I knew nakia was a spy but I'm glad she was fighting for the rebels in the end. overall I thought coates once again knocked this ish out the park. I loved it!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #1657
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, my experience with the "woke" crowd has left a bad taste in my mouth. They scream abd whine and demand this stuff then don't support it but then are "outraged" when a company cuts off the parasite.

    That's what Coates is, and his story continues to just isht all over the title character and men in general. Notice how in the issue all the men have the same head down defeated look yet the women are in control, hopefully, determined, etc? Like I'm not saying that it is bad that the women looked good, But like I have said before, Making Black men look bad to prop up Black women or vice versa is stupid and is cannibalizing each other instead of respecting both.

    But what bothered me even more is that even though the women were in control, Coates still insists on making Storm the center focus, the savior, and without her Wakanda is Doomed, the same place that reppelled Thanos and destroyed Atlantis, in the same time frame, is all of a sudden unable to win against N'Jadaka and his army of redshirts without Storm..

    And the deal with Nakia? I mean again wtf was the point of killing off old Nakia to bring in new Nakia, have some drama love triangle bullisht just to then drop that thread, drop any development with the character, then this issue with her "back story" (Which still didn't give a good reason for why she joined, it was a very cliche and uninspired) and then just wasted everyone's time..

    There is clearly not story or direction, just piling more and more isht and Marvel is too scared to dumb him and get a true champion of BP (Redjack) onto the book
    I don't think the point was that Wakanda was unable to win without Storm... I think the point was that they're not able to win even with Storm. At best she was sucessful in buying them more time, but she ultimatey failed.

    What Storm did was pretty cool... but she didn't stop the bad guys or save Wakanda. She just bought T'Challa a little more time to do it.

  8. #1658
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think the point was that Wakanda was unable to win without Storm... I think the point was that they're not able to win even with Storm. At best she was sucessful in buying them more time, but she ultimatey failed.

    What Storm did was pretty cool... but she didn't stop the bad guys or save Wakanda. She just bought T'Challa a little more time to do it.
    exactly with storm it wasnt enough. please continue to spread the facts!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #1659
    New old guy Surf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    despite the outcry of people from the BP community.
    I just got back with Twitter and I'm curious how much run does the current writer get over his work on this main Panther book. In comic years he's been on the book for A LONG time with very little positive reaction (the only gauge being this thread and my own purchases)... He's a literary author primarily so I don't know how that translates to his fan base about his work on this comic. I'm not one for throwing a spite follow but hey, I need entertainment too. I really don't know anything about him outside of an interview or two so I am judging on this work alone. Guess I'll give it a look.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

  10. #1660
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,340

    Default

    Thing is no one gives a damn about NuNakia or nu-mbaku. They lack substance and we're a waste of time. Overall in the end I'm going Meh at best.

    Abd yeah Coates is definitely making it a point that the only reason Wakanda hasn't been overrun yet is because of Storm. Nevermind the fact that Wakanda has faced bigger threat's and reppelled then without Storm being there. The maroons and Coates have nerfed Wakanda to comically weak level's.

    And I don't care about Storm. She shouldn't be in here getting all these cool moments while T'Challa is nowhere to be found in this issue at all. So far Storm has gotten more cool feats since the end of S2 till now, then T'Challa has gotten in 4 freaking years.

    But as I said in my earlier post isht issue bit it's going to get praised to high heavens because a certain character was in the limelight

  11. #1661
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thing is no one gives a damn about NuNakia or nu-mbaku. They lack substance and we're a waste of time. Overall in the end I'm going Meh at best.

    Abd yeah Coates is definitely making it a point that the only reason Wakanda hasn't been overrun yet is because of Storm. Nevermind the fact that Wakanda has faced bigger threat's and reppelled then without Storm being there. The maroons and Coates have nerfed Wakanda to comically weak level's.

    And I don't care about Storm. She shouldn't be in here getting all these cool moments while T'Challa is nowhere to be found in this issue at all. So far Storm has gotten more cool feats since the end of S2 till now, then T'Challa has gotten in 4 freaking years.

    But as I said in my earlier post isht issue bit it's going to get praised to high heavens because a certain character was in the limelight
    If you didn't like Nakia and M'Baku then you didn't like them.... point being they were necessary to the story. T'Challa can't be talking to himself for 2 dozen issues... he needs other characters to interact with. They served their purpose at least until he returned to earth, where T'Challa's regular supporting cast can fill that void.

    And even for Wakanda, this is a difficult fight because it's a matter of sheer numbers. Wakanda is a nation the size of New Jersy facing a Galactic Empire. Wakanda doesn't have the ships or the man power to go toe to toe with them... odds are the entire freaking planet probably doesn't. A comic book plot device of some sort is really needed, and that's something T'Challa is working on... but it is taking some time. And that's Storms role in the story. To buy T'Challa the time he needs to come up with whatever plot device is needed to stop an invading Galactic empire.

  12. #1662
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    10,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, my experience with the "woke" crowd has left a bad taste in my mouth. They scream abd whine and demand this stuff then don't support it but then are "outraged" when a company cuts off the parasite.

    That's what Coates is, and his story continues to just isht all over the title character and men in general. Notice how in the issue all the men have the same head down defeated look yet the women are in control, hopefully, determined, etc? Like I'm not saying that it is bad that the women looked good, But like I have said before, Making Black men look bad to prop up Black women or vice versa is stupid and is cannibalizing each other instead of respecting both.

    But what bothered me even more is that even though the women were in control, Coates still insists on making Storm the center focus, the savior, and without her Wakanda is Doomed, the same place that reppelled Thanos and destroyed Atlantis, in the same time frame, is all of a sudden unable to win against N'Jadaka and his army of redshirts without Storm..

    And the deal with Nakia? I mean again wtf was the point of killing off old Nakia to bring in new Nakia, have some drama love triangle bullisht just to then drop that thread, drop any development with the character, then this issue with her "back story" (Which still didn't give a good reason for why she joined, it was a very cliche and uninspired) and then just wasted everyone's time..

    There is clearly not story or direction, just piling more and more isht and Marvel is too scared to dumb him and get a true champion of BP (Redjack) onto the book
    This has been the entire theme of Coates run. Introduce characters who in the end, don't mean squat. At the same time show how ineffective and just plain sorry the lead character is just to make him more human and relatable.

    This is a godd@amn comic book! I can't do half the isht the regular people in a comic can. I don't expect to see my superhero getting chumped, lectured and punked so that I can see how human he is.


  13. #1663
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    We really need to start making our voices heard on Twitter to editorial.
    It may not change much but at least it may get them to read the Damm book and see what our complaints are about. I haven't bought an issue since number 3.

  14. #1664
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If you didn't like Nakia and M'Baku then you didn't like them.... point being they were necessary to the story. T'Challa can't be talking to himself for 2 dozen issues... he needs other characters to interact with. They served their purpose at least until he returned to earth, where T'Challa's regular supporting cast can fill that void.

    And even for Wakanda, this is a difficult fight because it's a matter of sheer numbers. Wakanda is a nation the size of New Jersy facing a Galactic Empire. Wakanda doesn't have the ships or the man power to go toe to toe with them... odds are the entire freaking planet probably doesn't. A comic book plot device of some sort is really needed, and that's something T'Challa is working on... but it is taking some time. And that's Storms role in the story. To buy T'Challa the time he needs to come up with whatever plot device is needed to stop an invading Galactic empire.
    Right, he needed someone to talk to, and after that many issues (protip, you can make characters extremely memorable within a quarter of that many issues) they amounted to nothing, when something happened to them people literally don't care, they had that little impact. And if you read what I posted I specifically said they lacked substance, I. Never said I didn't like them. Quite the opposite, when they were first introduced I saw it as a prime opportunity to make them more like they're MCU counterparts, but Coates killed all development, when T'Challa got back to earth (when you claim his supporting cast can take over) all I have seen really is Shuri and Storm taking over, with T'Challa taking the backseat. Storm isn't apart of his supporting cast.

    As for fighting the galactic Wakanda, again refer to TRO. They beat back Thanos first wave, abd destroyed Atlantis, and then beat back the second wave of the Black order (which had the fill might of his army, and his night cosmic level generals and Thanos himself) and it was only when Thanos and co were held captive on Wakanda that they finally took over. Hell if you go off Gays take, Wakanda actually reppelled Thanos all 3 times. So this whole they can't go roe to toe, sure they can, continuity has shown they can. Coates head Canon and his need to prop up Storm is why they can't now.

  15. #1665
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This has been the entire theme of Coates run. Introduce characters who in the end, don't mean squat. At the same time show how ineffective and just plain sorry the lead character is just to make him more human and relatable.

    This is a godd@amn comic book! I can't do half the isht the regular people in a comic can. I don't expect to see my superhero getting chumped, lectured and punked so that I can see how human he is.

    He ain't even relatable, he is a caricature of a stereotypical idea of Black men. He is suffering from a biased agenda hell-bent on squashing any sort of inspiration to young black boys. All of Coates creations are created with the simple task of talking down to him, while then also taking feats from T'Challa. I mean, how stupid is the logic behind having some rando ass pet character kill N'Jadaka? T'Challa and N'Jadaka never met and some rando gets the kill?? No one wants to read a. Boring space Opera with a boring ineffective leader who gets outshone by supporting cast and out of franchise characters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •