Page 113 of 750 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 11243
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Quick poll.

If you weren't familiar with the book and saw this page:

who would you think was in charge of the Avengers? And who would you think was playing the Uhura role?

As for the ongoing…

honestly with captain marvel standing there as she is I would say her. also the questions are directed to her as if she was leader.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    honestly with captain marvel standing there as she is I would say her. also the questions are directed to her as if she was leader.
    The Blue area is Kree territory? I figured she'd be the most informed about it in that group.

Quick poll.

who would you think was in charge of the Avengers? And who would you think was playing the Uhura role?

As for the ongoing…

Honestly I don't think that picture strongly indicated any of them as necessarily being in charge.

You can make a descent arguement for Carol, Steve, or T'Challa as all 3 are largely in the forefront.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    They been doing this with Covers for awhile now. Is this from this week, I thought it was all IronMan?
    Next week's EMPYRE.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The Blue area is Kree territory? I figured she'd be the most informed about it in that group.
    Started as Kree territory, ended up being shared by the Watcher & the Inhumans. Now pretty much abandoned... or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    That's just more of Coates' cynicism shining through. I don't know why writers think amplifying a characters worst traits and never have them improve somehow makes them more relatable. It's exactly what Jason Aaron did to Thor. Without the hammer he was a miserable one armed drunk. 70's bombast may have been a bit cheesy, but at least it was positive.
    The thing is it's not even his worst traits. T'Challa doesn't resent his people, or wish he wasn't king or want to be in a lab. Those are manufactured bad traits.

Quick poll.

As for the ongoing…

Either of the Caps. T'Challa is off to the side abd I wouldn't think he was in charge. Really it's felt in name only because people can't help but make Cap take charge despite there being others just as if not more capable

I found the preview the earlier pages put it more in context. Carol is the one who heard the message and I guessed summoned the team. Thats why Cap is asking her. And this isnt Avengers, its Empyre 0. I already know the big players are going to be the FF, Cap, IM, and Thor. At least early on.

Also the preview for Empyre 1 has a flash page the alliances' space military. That one page of ships makes the artist who works of BPs space shots look insignificant. Considering they have five galaxies worth of resoruces.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Nobody is steering this boat. It's like Marvel doesn't want to get rid of him because they're afraid of the fallout. "Marvel fires woke Black writer from BP!"
    Where all those woke folks when McDuffie was catching it left and right for his Justice League run with 4 black folks put on their by a former head of DC?

Woke folk talk all that mess but when it comes time to WORK-they run like roaches.

What? You gonna talk **** about a book headlined by STRONG POWERFUL BLACK WOMEN!!!! on twitter and gain traction lol?
    of course all the people who will crush you don't actually read comics but you HATE BLACK WOMEN!!! dont you?
    At the END of the day-the book is called BLACK PANTHER. All that money (if any) you spend on the stealth you know what book-ONLY and ONLY benefits the MAN.

So when it comes time for new merchandise, new YA novels and whatever else-The KING gets it. Because HIS name is on the package. HIS name is on a billion dollar and 3 Oscar winning film. That is what woke folks and Black Twitter need to understand.

The folks with the power see whose name is on the cover. They do see whose name is on those trades that at varies times float among the top 100 on Amazon. They don't see those strong black women because they don't read the books. So only the king benefits.

Those folks should put their effort into not fighting Panther fans but telling Marvel "we want MORE black female lead books-mini or ongoing." That is better for business. Monica, Storm Riri, Moon Girl, Shuri & the Doras (sort of) already got them. 21 black female lead trades. No other company can boast that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Nah, he’s done enough damage. He is a bore but at least he actually gives a shot about your character. Meanwhile we’re four years in and he STILL has yet to give T’Challa an honest to god feat. So yeah, Coates and Storm just need to permanently **** off to Krakoa and not let the door hit them on the way out please and thank you. And they can take Eden with them.
    I said NO!!! You keep him. We don't won't his foolishness around these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Since you're in the tread, can we talk about how after todays' issue that conversation between Storm and Nakia was useless and unnecessary? Until there's a body we can say for sure she's gone, but this is like the M'Krann crystal again. I think he editor and makes changes on the fly. It seems to happen with the Cap too according to that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Where all those woke folks when McDuffie was catching it left and right for his Justice League run with 4 black folks put on their by a former head of DC?

Woke folk talk all that mess but when it comes time to WORK-they run like roaches.

At the END of the day-the book is called BLACK PANTHER. All that money (if any) you spend on the stealth you know what book-ONLY and ONLY benefits the MAN.

So when it comes time for new merchandise, new YA novels and whatever else-The KING gets it. Because HIS name is on the package. HIS name is on a billion dollar and 3 Oscar winning film. That is what woke folks and Black Twitter need to understand.

The folks with the power see whose name is on the cover. They do see whose name is on those trades that at varies times float among the top 100 on Amazon. They don't see those strong black women because they don't read the books. So only the king benefits.

Those folks should put their effort into not fighting Panther fans but telling Marvel "we want MORE black female lead books-mini or ongoing." That is better for business. Monica, Storm Riri, Moon Girl, Shuri & the Doras (sort of) already got them. 21 black female lead trades. No other company can boast that.
    But why would they demand Marvel do better when they can instead continue to push for a successful IP to cannibalize its title character and give supporting cast and our of franchise Characters his limelight? He's been proven to be successful just ride his coattails until people get sick of not seeing the title guy on the book and leave, and these same woke folks will bitch and moan about lack of representation.

They have these agendas and try to force them onto a property that it doesn't fit in. But that property as s whole I'd showcasing excellence that is sorely lacking, but because it doesn't line up exactly with their agenda, they are willing to use tropes and stereotypes we have been plagued with for decades in order to get what they want.. that they won't even support they just like thst it's out there

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    According to some fans of Storm, one would think Coates was the best thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I don't think that picture strongly indicated any of them as necessarily being in charge.

You can make a descent arguement for Carol, Steve, or T'Challa as all 3 are largely in the forefront.
    Yeah, but honestly T'challa made no mention of the extended conversation between cap and Carol. When an authority is present most instances talk will flow towards that said person in authority. It's very subtle and nuanced, but it seems odd. I have my suspicion that Black Panther is leader in name only. I yet have to see a big boss moment, it's more hom being a good team player.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yeah, but honestly T'challa made no mention of the extended conversation between cap and Carol. When an authority is present most instances talk will flow towards that said person in authority. It's very subtle and nuanced, but it seems odd. I have my suspicion that Black Panther is leader in name only. I yet have to see a big boss moment, it's more hom being a good team player.
    Early on he had that meeting where the Russian Bear attacked. He confronted Coulson. I felt he was leading in the early Atlantis related issues.

It seems like Aaron started writing more similar to The Ultimates after he introduced Agents of W.