Page 120 of 750 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    My bro I couldn't disagree with you any more. That perspective is one you and a lot of other people have, and you there's nothing wrong with that considering the history that has been written for Captain America. He's always written to just be better and I have seen nothing to substantiate why he's a superior leader to T'challa. Hickman's Infinity was a great series but I thought something of that magnitude I would easily put T'challa in, and he would have faired as well if not better. Endgame had a more realistic dicpictation of there standing and Steve wasn't providing any of supreme influence of the battle. He gave a battle cry and it was all out war for everything. Its T'challa that had some display of battle tactics and strategy first in his own movie and then in Infinity War movie.
    That's kind of how comics work though. Overtime writers just sort of organically form a consensus about this sort of thing. Cap is the best leader in comics, because overtime enough writers sort of decided that he is to the point where it's eventually flat out stated on panel. Sort of like why Reed is considered the smartest of his peers. Overtime writer just sort of collectively formed that opinion, and eventually it was acknowledged on panel. If overtime enough writers think it's true, it becomes true.

I think Cyclops sort of took the number two spot (though that's a bit more debatable).

T'CHalla probably could have been put in th running if he were used more. Steve had his own solo book, as well as being a mainstay in the Avengers for decades. T'Challa didn't regularly show up anywhere until at least Priests run... by then I think marvels stance on the matter was somewhat already formed.

But in the least it's more than fair to say that there are many many things T'Challa brings to the table that Steve does not. And Aarons book does highlight that. THe amount of prep and pro-activeness he brings makes him a very very effective leader in his own way.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    "Keep reading! I'm sure it will make sense at the end!"

By now, you all should know how I feel about that comment. It didn't work with Hickman, it didn't work with Coates, and I sincerely doubt it will work with Aaron.

Actually, Coates' writing reminds me a lot of Hickman at his worst: Big themes, poor characterization, offscreen action, unearned resolutions, ancient secrets, and the occasional side story (like last ish) that fills time but doesn't seem to move the story along.

All TNC is missing is a diagram with a lot of lines & circles.
    I think you have to write a character like Black Panther that way though. If you reveal everything up front, it takes the fun out of it. He shouldn't reveal his hand to the audience anymore than he should reveal it to the villain of the week he's about to throw down with.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think you have to write a character like Black Panther that way though. If you reveal everything up front, it takes the fun out of it. He shouldn't reveal his hand to the audience anymore than he should reveal it to the villain of the week he's about to throw down with.
    There's a difference, however, between "showing moves that don't seem to make sense, but pay off later" and "not showing the moves at all, and just pulling a resolution out of your Djalla"

Perfect example: Season 1. The People are invading. The Golden City is in peril (over a handful of guys, but I digress).

The Panther reveals a never-before-seen ability to summon the spirits of the dead with the help of Manifold. In theory this could be explained by his KOTD powers... but those hadn't been mentioned in the volume yet either, and there's no way to point a new reader at the earlier story.

Or, in Season 2: The final boss comes out of nowhere. There's literally NO evidence he's involved in the mystery of who is behind the Originators until he shows up.

And now, in Season 3... the fleet is defeated with a suicide weapon that we never even heard mention of until this very issue. It's not even T'Challa's plan, since (AFAWK) he doesn't even KNOW about it... he's too busy battling ghosts because some spectral old biddy told him he had to.

Great hidden strategy that: Do whatever the women tell him to do:
    Last edited by DigiCom; 02-29-2020 at 06:34 AM.

There's a difference, however, between "showing moves that don't seem to make sense, but pay off later" and "not showing the moves at all, and just pulling a resolution out of your Djalla"

Perfect example: Season 1. The People are invading. The Golden City is in peril (over a handful of guys, but I digress).

The Panther reveals a never-before-seen ability to summon the spirits of the dead with the help of Manifold. In theory this could be explained by his KOTD powers... but those hadn't been mentioned in the volume yet either, and there's no way to point a new reader at the earlier story.

Or, in Season 2: The final boss comes out of nowhere. There's literally NO evidence he's involved in the mystery of who is behind the Originators until he shows up.

And now, in Season 3... the fleet is defeated with a suicide weapon that we never even heard mention of until this very issue. It's not even T'Challa's plan, since (AFAWK) he doesn't even KNOW about it... he's too busy battling ghosts because some spectral old biddy told him he had to.

The Agents of Wakanda are being shown upfront, so if they do end up playing a major factor in whatever T'Challa's plan is, it won't be pulling a resolution out of nowhere.

They may NOT pay off in the end (it's entirely possible they exist purely because Aaron wants to give panel time to a couple C listers he happens to be fond of), BUT if they do he called his shot.

"Keep reading! I'm sure it will make sense at the end!"

By now, you all should know how I feel about that comment. It didn't work with Hickman, it didn't work with Coates, and I sincerely doubt it will work with Aaron.

Actually, Coates' writing reminds me a lot of Hickman at his worst: Big themes, poor characterization, offscreen action, unearned resolutions, ancient secrets, and the occasional side story (like last ish) that fills time but doesn't seem to move the story along.

All TNC is missing is a diagram with a lot of lines & circles.
    Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Atleast with Hickman you could try and saw some stuff got missed because it was an ensemble book (not really an excuse at all still) whereas Coates has a solo book... That he turned into a psuedo ensemble cast while phasing tchalla into the background.

I want the reboot to happen soon with a new creative team.. is that too much to ask? Coates was a swing and a miss Marvel needs to let him go so he can write who he really wants to write

You Could even go smaller than that too. In S1, He meets up with known despots (he has a whole internal monologue about it) to "See what they would say" and Surprise surprise, one spins what actually happened and the next issue.. he was caught off guard by this? Or in S2 he faves the fenris twins and he stands there and lets them shoot him with lasers till his habit blows up. The he has to have asha save him and help him get behind them? What kinda of idiot trategy is that? Like whatever nonsense Coates can do to make him inept while propping up the female characters, no matter who that character is, no matter if they haven't even been mentioned in the story until then. Hell going back to S1 He randomly has Eden show up and talk like they are old Friends.. even though they have never even met. A his "strategies" are shortsighted and usually don't even make sense and come off like ass pulls

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

did T'Challa show up in the Avengers book at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The latest issue? No. It was about Tony and his time trapped in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The latest issue? No. It was about Tony and his time trapped in the past.
    So between his solo, and AoW, and avengers T'Challa aint going to show up any any of them... What a time for BP fans..

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Looks T'Challa is MIA in Avengers, AoW, and HIS own comic. Marvel doesn't want people to enjoy T'Challa.

Incredible Member

Coates bp run will end in june #25

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Looks T'Challa is MIA in Avengers, AoW, and HIS own comic. Marvel doesn't want people to enjoy T'Challa.
    Yet BP #21 is being praised for showcasing black women.

But not showcasing the man whose name is on the title.

https://www.newsarama.com/49242-coat...e-c2e2-20.html

Black Panther #25
    Written by Ta-Nehisi Coates, Art by Daniel Acuna
    THE FINAL ISSUE OF TA-NEHISI COATES’ LANDMARK RUN!
    It’s the end of an era for the Black Panther as renowned writer Ta-Nehisi Coates concludes his Wakandan epic! Over four years, Coates has taken the Black Panther to hell and back and expanded Wakanda into the distant stars. Now, in his final issue, he brings T’Challa full circle, back to the home he left behind…and the crown he has never fully accepted. This is the story of a king who sought to be a hero, a hero who was reduced to a slave, a slave who advanced into legend…and the man who has struggled to hold up an empire in his bare hands. The journey will conclude, but the legend remains. Don’t miss the close of a historic epoch in comic history!
    On sale June 2020
    Last edited by skyvolt2000; 02-29-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Incredible Member

So lets name drop some writers