Page 121 of 750 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221621 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yet BP #21 is being praised for showcasing black women.

But not showcasing the man whose name is on the title.

https://www.newsarama.com/49242-coat...e-c2e2-20.html
    It'll be interesting to see who ends up taking over the book. Junes not that far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    So lets name drop some writers
    If I had to guess, I'd say Evan Narcisse. Maybe Rise was sort of a warm up for the solo book.

Bast be praised.

Holy **** it’s over! Alright who do you guys want? Marvel is probably going to want a black writer to take over for Coates, so that bears remembering.

My picks:
    Eve Ewing - She’s done a fantastic job on Ironheart, why not let her try Panther?
    Bryan Hill - I really dug the Killmonger mini he did, he’s someone who is really good at getting to the emotional core of the characters
    Evan Narcisse - I enjoyed his Rise mini, I’d be curious to see what he does on the main book
    Al Ewing - He has a great love and respect for continuity but he’s not blinded by nostalgia. He’ll respect previous writers work but he’ll also take T’Challa to new places. And for you guys who love feats, Ewing is absolutely your guy lol
    Mark Waid - Morrison and Waid are the one who created “Batgod” over at DC, and Waid is also someone like Ewing who can use continuity to go new places. He even had a BP pitch a while back but Marvel passed because they wanted a black creator which I understand
    Hickman - Very slim chance since he’s on X-Men but he’s someone who can handle “big ideas” sci fi and I think he’d do well

Redjack should send in his pitch, with the Coates era coming to a close maybe they’d let him do his BP stuff in a side book or even consider him for the main book.

Quote Originally Posted by dariel81 View Post
    coates bp run will end in june #25
    The nightmare is coming to an end! Bast be praised!!!
    66D30055-D5BD-4A2F-A456-1C46B42F832E.jpg
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 02-29-2020 at 04:52 PM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Syfy published an article not too long ago saying Black Panther or Wakanda wouldn't exist without the Dora.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Holy **** it’s over! Alright who do you guys want? Marvel is probably going to want a black writer to take over for Coates, so that bears remembering.

My picks:
    Eve Ewing - She’s done a fantastic job on Ironheart, why not let her try Panther?
    Bryan Hill - I really dug the Killmonger mini he did, he’s someone who is really good at getting to the emotional core of the characters
    Evan Narcisse - I enjoyed his Rise mini, I’d be curious to see what he does on the main book
    Al Ewing - He has a great love and respect for continuity but he’s not blinded by nostalgia. He’ll respect previous writers work but he’ll also take T’Challa to new places. And for you guys who love feats, Ewing is absolutely your guy lol
    Mark Waid - Morrison and Waid are the one who created “Batgod” over at DC, and Waid is also someone like Ewing who can use continuity to go new places. He even had a BP pitch a while back but Marvel passed because they wanted a black creator which I understand
    Hickman - Very slim chance since he’s on X-Men but he’s someone who can handle “big ideas” sci fi and I think he’d do well

Redjack should send in his pitch, with the Coates era coming to a close maybe they’d let him do his BP stuff in a side book or even consider him for the main book.
    Don't start fan casting too early. The Empyre WK battle is going to continue in issue 4. I'll wait for a new writer announcement before speculating on new stories.

Yes! Yes! It's finally ending!

And they announced it on the last day of Black History Month. I thinks that's a gift to the fans. Lol.

Priest is my dream pick to write BP again but I don't see that happening. So my next best choice would be Redjack, I enjoyed BP's Quest Quest and some his ideas for a solo were really good.

After Geoffrey Thorne I'd nominate Evan Narcisse. I think Rise was really good in the beginning, the ending was rushed, would've been better with a few more issues. He introduced a lot of cool things that I'd like to see again and I liked the way he wrote T'Challa, a younger version of Priest's BP.

David Liss. He took a terrible premise and after a crap event story created a gem of a series. I would be excited to see how his T'Challa would do with all his resources and abilities.

Johnathan Hickman would do a great job and I remember him mentioning that he had ideas for a Black Panther series. Like with Priest, I see this as unlikely.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Coates bp run will end in june #25
    FINALLY!!!!! THE LONG HALLOWEEN IS OVER!!!!!

Let's hope & pray we get a writer who actually cares about the main character, T'Challa!!!

Hudlin STILL holds the record for having the only BP series to NOT be canceled.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

My picks:

Hill is trying to get back to Hollywood and that is why his X-book ended. He is already working for DC on Titans tv show and with what WB wants done-I don't think he'll have time for a Marvel book.
    Waid is out because he is now in charge of a company where he is doing books already for them and a few others. It would take a lot to get him.
    Redjack might be out if DC is rumored to be after him.
    Most of the black ones I am thinking of all got something bigger going on-that might not make them available.

Eve is already here.
    Ray Anthony Height is here (he does Midnight Tiger-his own creation). It would be a career boost for him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    FINALLY!!!!! THE LONG HALLOWEEN IS OVER!!!!!

Let's hope & pray we get a writer who actually cares about the main character, T'Challa!!!

Hudlin STILL holds the record for having the only BP series to NOT be canceled.
    Well it's not clear if the run ends or we see Black Panther #26.

Black Panther #25 will be Legacy number 197.

Do you really want a new number 1 and have issue #3 be 200?

TOO bad Maj isn't here to celebrate with us.

Where is everyone's favorite Storm fan to join in on our rejoicing lol?

Well it's not clear if the run ends or we see Black Panther #26.

Black Panther #25 will be Legacy number 197.

Do you really want a new number 1 and have issue #3 be 200?
    I really just want Coates off the book. It's not like I would like Coates writing issue 200 anyway.