Page 126 of 750 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 11243

Finally. Yesss

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    So what, if anything, would RAISE his chances?

His entire connection to Marvel is "He interviewed Coates twice and wrote a mini that didn't sell." Hardly a fantastic CV.

I can think of good candidates (at least one of which has posted on this board) and some really bad choices. It all depends on whether Marvel wants a fresh start, or more of the same.
    It would be a huge disservice from do more of the same, especially when you figure that no one I. The mu acknowledged any of it, and it was a night and day difference in T'Challas showings. It's gotta be Redjack next. Hudlin is another who deserves to finish what he started.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    If you keep posting the Namor/T'Challa laugh enough it might just hit one day.
    I'm sure Mayberry thought the same thing about DW. The only people who will look back on it fondly will be Storm fans.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Sadly, the powers that be perma-banned him, for reasons I am not privy to.

I only hope, wherever Brother Maj is, this recent news has given him joy.
    The HEF is talking about it over there so he will see it soon enough and I know he's going to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I didn't like the Redjack's plotline he shared on his website and his BP in his BP quest animated series was several leagues BELOW the awesomeness of BP in Avengers EMH.
    I understand the opinion but what his pitch and his animated series highlights as well as what he posts here is establishing T'Challa the man is dangerous whether he is sporting the most advanced technology in the world or in his PJs, and Wakanda is not to be frakked with Because they will destroy you.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Now I just hope Coates puts the pieces back where they go so the next writer can just run with "normal" Wakanda/Black Panther.

Give me Ahmed please
    I don't think that should be too hard even if Coates doesn't directly do it.

Most writers have been writing T'Challa as standard Black Panther outside his own book and basically ignoring all the Coates stuff, and Marvel basically lets writers restart a title however they like.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I understand the opinion but what his pitch and his animated series highlights as well as what he posts here is establishing T'Challa the man is dangerous whether he is sporting the most advanced technology in the world or in his PJs, and Wakanda is not to be frakked with Because they will destroy you.
    It has already been established that T'Challa is a dangerous man, with or without tech. Priest did that in his run (see Enemy of the State 2). He didn't strip BP of tech to do it.

I agree with Priest when he says that why would a scientist/warrior king of the most technologically advanced country not use the same tech to defend himself?

T'Challa doesn't need to be stripped of tech to prove himself. Let's NOT go back to "Jungle Action" T'Challa, PLEASE!!!

We need some wins after SO MANY "L's" from the era of Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    It has already been established that T'Challa is a dangerous man, with or without tech. Priest did that in his run (see Enemy of the State 2). He didn't strip BP of tech to do it.

I agree with Priest when he says that why would a scientist/warrior king of the most technologically advanced country not use the same tech to defend himself?

T'Challa doesn't need to be stripped of tech to prove himself. Let's NOT go back to "Jungle Action" T'Challa, PLEASE!!!

I think being stripped of his tech every so often is a good thing. It reminds people he's more Batman than Iron Man. The better the suit, the more credit it gets and the less credit he gets.

That was the beauty of Liss run (and something I feel get under appreciated at times). Anyone can be dangerous when they're backed by the most advanced nation on earth. But when you're backed by freaking Radio Shack, it's a different story. That's separating the men from the boys.

Not saying he ALWAYS has to be deprived of the higher end tech... it has it's place especially when he's on the Avengers facing Avenger level threats. But every once in awhile readers need to be reminded that it's about the man, not the gear.

I'm not saying that he needs to be stripped of his tech and yes many writers have established that. From Priest to liss to Hudlin, and Ewing. But what I'm getting at is Redjack also realized that it's T'Challa the man who is dangerous and the tech he brings just supplements what we already know.

At this point though we all deserve to see T'Challa unleashed with all his h2h, prep, tech, badassness etc. On full display as well as Wakanda being shown as the unconquerable nightmare you ever had to face, and attacking Wakanda is essentially the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think being stripped of his tech every so often is a good thing. It reminds people he's more Batman than Iron Man. The better the suit, the more credit it gets and the less credit he gets.

That was the beauty of Liss run (and something I feel get under appreciated at times). Anyone can be dangerous when they're backed by the most advanced nation on earth. But when you're backed by freaking Radio Shack, it's a different story. That's separating the men from the boys.

Not saying he ALWAYS has to be deprived of the higher end tech... it has it's place especially when he's on the Avengers facing Avenger level threats. But every once in awhile readers need to be reminded that it's about the man, not the gear.
    When I say tech, I mean the following:

-Vibranium Weave (with Force Push)
    -Anti-Metal Claws
    -Energy Daggers
    -Kimoyo Computer System
    -Vibranium energy dampening soles in his boot (minus being able to walk on water lol)

That's not a lot for standard gear. Plus that would allow him to take on most major threats without having to be prepared ALL the time. Because, although T'Challa should have contingency plans, he would need to be ready to face the unknown at most times.

Stripping tech from time to time is fine, and should be done, but he should have standard tech. Like Batman.

-Anti-Metal Claws
    -Energy Daggers
    -Kimoyo Computer System
    -Vibranium energy dampening soles in his boot (minus being able to walk on water lol)

That's not a lot for standard gear. Plus that would allow him to take on most major threats without having to be prepared ALL the time. Because, although T'Challa should have contingency plans, he would need to be ready to face the unknown at most times.

Stripping tech from time to time is fine, and should be done, but he should have standard tech. Like Batman.
    I think even the force push is one step too far. I think that's fine for his higher end gear, but it shouldn't be standard.

The thing is, Aunt May should be able to be a credible threat in a suit which absorbs and redirects kinentic impact. He doesn't need to block or dodge or even throw a punch against anything up to mid-level bricks when his suit can just absorb and shoot back that force anyways. It ends up replacing skill with tech, which IMO places the emphasis in the wrong direction.

Force Push is fine if he's throwing down with Namor. But against Killmonger, the suit shouldn't be doing the work. And obviously no writer wants it too.. which means the suit abilities magically stop working when he's fighting a lower end threat. It's easier to just keep T'CHallas standard gear minimal, and scale him up as needed.

-Anti-Metal Claws
    -Energy Daggers
    -Kimoyo Computer System
    I think even the force push is one step too far. I think that's fine for his higher end gear, but it shouldn't be standard.

The thing is, Aunt May should be able to be a credible threat in a suit which absorbs and redirects kinentic impact. He doesn't need to block or dodge or even throw a punch against anything up to mid-level bricks when his suit can just absorb and shoot back that force anyways. It ends up replacing skill with tech, which IMO places the emphasis in the wrong direction.

Force Push is fine if he's throwing down with Namor. But against Killmonger, the suit shouldn't be doing the work. And obviously no writer wants it too.. which means the suit abilities magically stop working when he's fighting a lower end threat. It's easier to just keep T'CHallas standard gear minimal, and scale him up as needed.
    To be Frank, the comments about Aunt May in Killmonger are not applicable. One could say that Aunt May with just the vibranium weave and the claws would be a credible threat. If you write a lame villain or and an incompetent T'Challa then yes any tech would make BP too powerful or super dependent on technology.

From stories like Killmonger's Reign, Back to Africa, and the MCU Black Panther movie, we can see that Killmonger is a threat no matter what tech T'Challa has. Killmonger is not the Rhino or Killer Croc that just rely on strength. Killmonger is like Bane, which makes him a threat to T'Challa. Killmonger's strength & brains.

Bane doesn't have much tech, but he's still a threat to Batman. Because the strength & quality of the writing.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 03-01-2020 at 11:19 AM.

To be Frank, the comments about Aunt May in Killmonger are not applicable. One could say that Aunt May with just the vibranium weave and the claws would be a credible threat. If you write a lame villain or and an incompetent T'Challa then yes any tech would make BP too powerful or super dependent on technology.

From stories like Killmonger's Reign, Back to Africa, and the MCU Black Panther movie, we can see that Killmonger is a threat no matter what tech T'Challa has. Killmonger is not the Rhino or Killer Croc that just rely on strength. Killmonger is like Bane, which makes him a threat to T'Challa.

Bane doesn't have much tech, but he's still a threat to Batman. Because the strength & quality of the writing.
    MCU Killmonger was a match for T'Challa apples to apples. He was able to face him evenly when T'Challa was depowerd without a vibranium suit, and when they both were powered with vibranium suits. Had an unenhanced Killmonger with no vibranium suit fought T'CHalla with all of the above, it would not be a fair fight. It's not that he's dependent on the tech to beat Killmonger... he can probably beat him without it. It's that it makes Killmonger the under dog, which kills some of the drama of the story. Though to Killmongers credit, in the comics he seems to win anyways.

And Bane is a threat to Batman, because Batman doesn't wear the same gear he wears when he's fighting Darkseid or Superman. He's a guy that relies on his skill rather then the tech or any super powers to do the work for him. If Batman were wearing a suit with force push, Bane would be having the same problems Killmonger in theory should be having.
    Last edited by XPac; 03-01-2020 at 11:24 AM.

MCU Killmonger was a match for T'Challa apples to apples. He was able to face him evenly when T'Challa was depowerd without a vibranium suit, and when they both were powered with vibranium suits. Had an unenhanced Killmonger with no vibranium suit fought T'CHalla with all of the above, it would not be a fair fight. It's not that he's dependent on the tech to beat Killmonger... he can probably beat him without it. It's that it makes Killmonger the under dog, which kills some of the drama of the story. Though to Killmongers credit, in the comics he seems to win anyways.

And Bane is a threat to Batman, because Batman doesn't wear the same gear he wears when he's fighting Darkseid or Superman. He's a guy that relies on his skill rather then the tech or any super powers to do the work for him. If Batman were wearing a suit with force push, Bane would be having the same problems Killmonger in theory should be having.
    In Back to Africa, Killmonger fought T'Challa to a stand still without armor while T'Challa wore a vibranium weave suit. Was that evenly matched? My comments still stand.

Batman has all kinds of gadgets in his utility belt every time he fights Bane. Plus, batman is wearing kevlar armor as well. Bane is still a threat. Batman has more gadgets on him than the standard gear I just mentioned for T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'm not saying that he needs to be stripped of his tech and yes many writers have established that. From Priest to liss to Hudlin, and Ewing. But what I'm getting at is Redjack also realized that it's T'Challa the man who is dangerous and the tech he brings just supplements what we already know.

At this point though we all deserve to see T'Challa unleashed with all his h2h, prep, tech, badassness etc. On full display as well as Wakanda being shown as the unconquerable nightmare you ever had to face, and attacking Wakanda is essentially the death penalty.
    I want great Black Panther storylines were T'Challa is shown as capable, but removing the tech is not required to do that.

-Anti-Metal Claws
    -Energy Daggers
    -Kimoyo Computer System
    The technology mentioned above should, IMO, be the standard gear T'Challa uses moving forward. It's really not a lot. I mean, most of the tech I listed was displayed in the Black Panther movie.

In Back to Africa, Killmonger fought T'Challa to a stand still without armor while T'Challa wore a vibranium weave suit. Was that evenly matched? My comments still stand.

Batman has all kinds of gadgets in his utility belt every time he fights Bane. Plus, batman is wearing kevlar armor as well. Bane is still a threat. Batman has more gadgets on him than the standard gear I just mentioned for T'Challa.
    In Back to African, there was no Force Push because it hadn't been invented yet by marvel so it wasn't a problem. And that's my point. Force Push shouldn't be a part of standard gear... just against the higher end threats where him throwing kicks and punches probably won't cut it. Against Killmonger it does, so T'Challa doesn't need to be propped up by it.

If Killmonger WITHOUT armor was equal in battle to T'Challa WITH armor (even though Killmonger actually was wearing armor in Back to Africa), doesn't that make Killmongr the better warrior? If T'Challa needs the suit to be equal to Killmonger then I'd rather T'Challa be without it when they fight, so Killmonger doesn't end up looking better than him.

And yes, Batman has gadgets... but again it's never an issue of the gear replacing skill like the Force Push does. Batman doesn't beat Bane using tech... he beats Bane by outfighting him. If he used the same tech against Bane that he uses against Superman, Bane would be no threat. But Batman writers properly scale the writer to the point where the villain is at least the heros equal, if not a LITTLE more dangerous. the stuff allowing him to keep up with Superman isn't standard like Force Push has become.
    Last edited by XPac; 03-01-2020 at 11:50 AM.