Page 127 of 750 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I want great Black Panther storylines were T'Challa is shown as capable, but removing the tech is not required to do that.

The technology mentioned above should, IMO, be the standard gear T'Challa uses moving forward. It's really not a lot. I mean, most of the tech I listed was displayed in the Black Panther movie.
    I agree.

As for the statements made above about the Aunt may being just ad deadly with the force push, the fix is very simple. The habit absorbs low impact hits and strikes without issue. It simply absorbs it (like a bullet simply falling to the ground, and the energy dispenses through the boots) and he isn't going to feel it. High impact strikes (grenades getting punched by namor, struck by lightning falling down a mine shaft etc) he will feel that and the suit will charge with Kinect energy to be redirected. Anything above that (high by mjolner directly by Thor, hit by hulk wielding a hulk buster arm or class 100 level beings directly) overloads the habit, possibly destroys it and knocks T'Challa out cold or can severely injure him depending.

The problem that arises which is a perfect example is the BP vs DP mini. Wade gets on T'Challas habit and then says now they are evenly matched and then he starts getting the advantage on T'Challa Making it appear T'Challa only beat him up because the habit. When what the writer should of done, is had T'Challa say along the lines of, "it's not the suit that makes me dangerous, no amount of armor or tech can replace the man behind it" and then had T'Challa beating ease regardless to reinforce that anybody can wear the habit, but T'Challa doesn't need it and it's not going to all of a sudden out you on equal footing.

In fact priest and Hudlin made it very clear that T'Challa loves leveling the playing field because then he overpowers then with his superior speed, prep and h2h. So really the writer was being lazy and not paying attention to continuity. And finally, at this point no BP villain, killmonger or Mbaku or otherwise, show be peak human, they need to be superhuman at a minimum, atleast enhanced like T'Challa or higher. This whole killmonger underdog stuff is beyond old and needs to go
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 03-01-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I agree.

As for the statements made above about the Aunt may being just ad deadly with the force push, the fix is very simple. The habit absorbs low impact hits and strikes without issue. It simply absorbs it (like a bullet simply falling to the ground, and the energy dispenses through the boots) and he isn't going to feel it. High impact strikes (grenades getting punched by namor, struck by lightning falling down a mine shaft etc) he will feel that and the suit will charge with Kinect energy to be redirected. Anything above that (high by mjolner directly by Thor, hit by hulk wielding a hulk buster arm or class 100 level beings directly) overloads the habit, possibly destroys it and knocks T'Challa out cold or can severely injure him depending.

The problem that arises which is a perfect example is the BP vs DP mini. Wade gets on T'Challas habit and then says now they are evenly matched and then he starts getting the advantage on T'Challa Making it appear T'Challa only beat him up because the habit. When what the writer should of done, is had T'Challa say along the lines of, "it's not the suit that makes me dangerous, no amount of armor or tech can replace the man behind it" and then had T'Challa beating ease regardless to reinforce that anybody can wear the habit, but T'Challa doesn't need it and it's not going to all of a sudden out you on equal footing.

In fact priest and Hudlin made it very clear that T'Challa loves leveling the playing field because then he overpowers then with his superior speed, prep and h2h. So really the writer was being lazy and not paying attention to continuity. And finally, at this point no BP villain, killmonger or Mbaku or otherwise, show be peak human, they need to be superhuman at a minimum, atleast enhanced like T'Challa or higher. This whole killmonger underdog stuff is beyond old and needs to go
    Comic book M'Baku is actually a legit meta human, so he's not much of a problem. I believe the handbooks list him at 10 tons, so he's about as strong as Spider-Man. Killmonger is a different story... though maybe that's the point of the symbiote.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Comic book M'Baku is actually a legit meta human, so he's not much of a problem. I believe the handbooks list him at 10 tons, so he's about as strong as Spider-Man. Killmonger is a different story... though maybe that's the point of the symbiote.
    The point is that any BP villain at minimum needs to be no less then enhanced like T'Challa or stronger. Killmongers deal is outdated and he needs something new that warrants why T'Challa can face someone like Black dwarf but struggles against Erik. So again my suggestion above solves the issues with the force push easily.

Ultimate Member

The point is that any BP villain at minimum needs to be no less then enhanced like T'Challa or stronger. Killmongers deal is outdated and he needs something new that warrants why T'Challa can face someone like Black dwarf but struggles against Erik. So again my suggestion above solves the issues with the force push easily.
    T'Challa can face down Black Dwarf in a fight because it's a full fledged fight with no rules or limits in terms of engagement.

Killmonger, in the past, forced T'Challa into battles of honor with strict rules. So no energy daggers, claws, etc. More than that, he has enhancements that give him the edge in fights like that.

I do agree that T'Challa's enemies do need to be limited, mind. They should either be political, countering Wakanda's ability to assist (Killmonger, M'Baku, Achebe) or exceptionally skilled, enabling them to bypass the security that any head of state would have, let alone Wakanda's (if Marvel had a Deathstroke, for instance).

The only time he should be facing enemies outside of that range is with the Avengers, really.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    T'Challa can face down Black Dwarf in a fight because it's a full fledged fight with no rules or limits in terms of engagement.

Killmonger, in the past, forced T'Challa into battles of honor with strict rules. So no energy daggers, claws, etc. More than that, he has enhancements that give him the edge in fights like that.

I do agree that T'Challa's enemies do need to be limited, mind. They should either be political, countering Wakanda's ability to assist (Killmonger, M'Baku, Achebe) or exceptionally skilled, enabling them to bypass the security that any head of state would have, let alone Wakanda's (if Marvel had a Deathstroke, for instance).

The only time he should be facing enemies outside of that range is with the Avengers, really.
    I disagree to some extent, because if his standard villains are barely a threat if it comes down to a fight then it's underwhelming. Not saying every villain needs to be Black dwarf level strength. But T'Challa isn't peak human, goonslam garys and back hand barrys should be getting bodied left and right by him. Achebe is powered by Mephistopheles, Mbaku is a brick, Erik needs a buff. And the supremacist need a costume update and need to come back as well. His villains need to be scaled up, Ned have spent 4 years watching Coates scale T'Challa down to idiot levels instead of making credible threats

I disagree to some extent, because if his standard villains are barely a threat if it comes down to a fight then it's underwhelming. Not saying every villain needs to be Black dwarf level strength. But T'Challa isn't peak human, goonslam garys and back hand barrys should be getting bodied left and right by him. Achebe is powered by Mephistopheles, Mbaku is a brick, Erik needs a buff. And the supremacist need a costume update and need to come back as well. His villains need to be scaled up, Ned have spent 4 years watching Coates scale T'Challa down to idiot levels instead of making credible threats
    It seems to me there's far too much focus on foes T'Challa can punch, anyway.

I'd much rather see him go up against someone who is (possibly) as good a chess-master as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

I'd much rather see him go up against someone who is (possibly) as good a chess-master as he is.
    That works for Batman. The vast majority of his foes honestly aren't going to last 5 minutes against him in a fist fight. There are a FEW exceptions.. but for Batman the challenge is often more cerebral than physical. It's a sort of cat and mouse game for him. But Batmans whole deal is being the worlds greatest detective, so that sort of makes sense.

But finding a good chess master to play against T'Challa is kind of tough. Reason Hudlin went for Doom is probably because he's one of the few villains that can hang. Killmonger sort of can too though... that's part of the reason he's been as sucessful as he is. He's not a match for T'Challa in this regard... but in the least he's clearly no dummy.

It doens't solve it for Killmonger, because it means T'Challa shouldn't be able to feel any of his punches. But he clearly does.

Because T'Challa faces a range of opponents, he in theory needs to be able to scale up and down. Though the easiest sollution seems to be simply ignoring the suit when its convenient. Or simply assume he's at times wearing a suit without it.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Yup, like a Ra's Al Ghul and Hush type villains. His villain threat level should be increased in stead of gadgets being decreased.

I feel like we dealt with that for the last 4 years with Coates and it's been underwhelming, doesn't help that he scaled T'Challa down too but frankly I'm sick of these philosophical battles or Chess matches currently because of Coates garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It doens't solve it for Killmonger, because it means T'Challa shouldn't be able to feel any of his punches. But he clearly does.

Because T'Challa faces a range of opponents, he in theory needs to be able to scale up and down. Though the easiest sollution seems to be simply ignoring the suit when its convenient. Or simply assume he's at times wearing a suit without it.
    Yes it does as I said Erik needs a buff in power. Since his debut in Jungle action McGregor stated that Erik was vastly stronger then T'Challa, at one point T'Challa felt like a child trying to overpower an adult. That should be the difference in strength with Erik being almost as smart as T'Challa and just almost on par h2h wise.

If they ain't enhanced, then they better be packing a power or tech that can hurt T'Challa, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Coates bp run will end in june #25
    Hostage no more.

I feel like we dealt with that for the last 4 years with Coates and it's been underwhelming, doesn't help that he scaled T'Challa down too but frankly I'm sick of these philosophical battles or Chess matches currently because of Coates garbage.

Yes it does as I said Erik needs a buff in power. Since his debut in Jungle action McGregor stated that Erik was vastly stronger then T'Challa, at one point T'Challa felt like a child trying to overpower an adult. That should be the difference in strength with Erik being almost as smart as T'Challa and just almost on par h2h wise.

If they ain't enhanced, then they better be packing a power or tech that can hurt T'Challa, period.
    Even if his powered are buffed moving foreward (the symbiiote should make him pretty strong), the problem is he was able to effectively hurt T'CHalla in the past even without any new upgrades he might get. Red Skull was able to fight T'Challa evenly (hell I'd argue he was actually winning that fight towards the end there), so obviously T'Challa felt his punches too. Unfortunately it's a matter of the suit simply not working when it's not convenient to do so. You can argue he was wearing a different suit against Killmonger, but against Skull it was definately the vibranium mesh suit.

T'Coates isn't a chess-master. I'm not convinced he could beat a chicken at Tic-Tac-Toe (unless Storm or Shuri was there to tell him what to do)

Amazing Member

I wanna thank Bast for answering my prayers on having him leave BP. I think he could potentially make a great writer for Storm by the way.

Also I think Evan and Ewing would make great BP writers.

I would also like to see Hickman or Priest if they have shone interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    So lets name drop some writers
    Just to add another name drop... I thought Bryan Hills Killmonger book was really good (and really underrate). It was a great character piece. I wouldn't mind him doing more with this corner of the MU one bit.