Page 13 of 750 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Shuri became Black Panther under Reginald Hudlin.
    You're quite right BCB, Maberry didn't takeover until later in the run.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The latest rumor has Namor in the Doctor Strange sequel. I fully expect to hear news that he'll be in Shang-Chi, Eternals, and/or Love & Thunder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    "Namor will appear in next spider Man movie! Inside source close to the project confirmed this, and according to the source Namor may even be the new Spidey at the end of the movie!" Yeah these rumours are all bullisht
    Wouldn't it be better if Namor appeared in the Aquaman sequel?

He could be Arthur's long lost brother who makes his claim for the throne of Atlantis.

Personally, I think he should have been in Star Wars.

Ultimate Member

I have a question for people on this board. BP issue 200 is a huge milestone. If Coates is the only person to write it, would you purchase it?
    Because it's the FIRST time a black lead book among the big two is doing this-I would be more incline to buy it versus Spawn 300.
    Especially if there is a cover I wanted.
    And the fact I am see so few copies of Panther in bins around here-I would suspect that issue would be the hard one to find cheap around my town. Especially if that issue is say $7 and up. I have seen it done to DC books but it's not done to Marvel or even Spawn or Savage Dragon.

I mean once you get past Panther-next up is Luke Cage (if he gets an ongoing and he's 30 issues away). Other wise it's countdown to Miles Morales 100 around 2021.
    That is it. Everyone else is at least 47+ away from 100 between the big two.

I'm genuinely curious, does anyone know how much sales actually matter at Marvel these days?
    If you mean sales as into what gets a cartoon or movie-NO. Because comic book sales don't MATTER.
    Not when you see so many examples that debunk that you need some huge selling book to JUSTIFY to trolls that movie or cartoon show. Those entitled gators and trolls are NOT the public.

For all that crying it did not stop Cap Marvel or others. Because as long as they do this ONE THING-ENTERTAIN-nobody cares.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

"Namor will appear in next spider Man movie! Inside source close to the project confirmed this, and according to the source Namor may even be the new Spidey at the end of the movie!" Yeah these rumours are all bullisht
    The latest rumor has Namor in the Doctor Strange sequel. I fully expect to hear news that he'll be in Shang-Chi, Eternals, and/or Love & Thunder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if Namor appeared in the Aquaman sequel?

He could be Arthur's long lost brother who makes his claim for the throne of Atlantis.

Personally, I think he should have been in Star Wars.
    Ha....Ha...Ha..lol. I am just saying, it's a possibility to pull of Strum Und Drang in the MCU. You all act like you wouldn't want to see that story turned into a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Ha....Ha...Ha..lol. I am just saying, it's a possibility to pull of Strum Und Drang in the MCU. You all act like you wouldn't want to see that story turned into a movie.
    I don't, frankly.

What worked in the comics, with decades of continuity behind it, would not come off nearly as well on film.

Anyway, like I've said so many times: MCU movies aren't adaptations of the comics! At best, they are loosely-based distillations of specific arcs.

I don't, frankly.

What worked in the comics, with decades of continuity behind it, would not come off nearly as well on film.

Anyway, like I've said so many times: MCU movies aren't adaptations of the comics! At best, they are loosely-based distillations of specific arcs.
    Yes, they are loosely based adaptations. So, mix Strum und Drang, kiber island incident, Rise of the Black Panther, and some of Hickman's stuff.

It could work.

I'm not opposed to EoS aslo, because it would be a lose adaptation.

The Client is the easiest one to do. Its a natural transition from where the first movie left off and the Avengers movies make it work because while Tchalla is there, general people still don't know that much about him. So it plays off just like it did in that arc. The research center is a good analog to the charity foundation. Just throw a little girl off the roof of the building and its green lights all the way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The Client is the easiest one to do. Its a natural transition from where the first movie left off and the Avengers movies make it work because while Tchalla is there, general people still don't know that much about him. So it plays off just like it did in that arc. The research center is a good analog to the charity foundation. Just throw a little girl off the roof of the building and its green lights all the way.
    I know what you mean, but man that sentence sounds wrong, lol

A big part of The Client was the rest of the world needling Wakanda to see what it can do, as well. Given that, I think it would compliment the first movie well. And given the fact that it was about Western exploitation, it's concept is almost timeless at this point *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    They could do strum... And not use Doom or Namor. Frankly I don't want them showing up in BPs movies. I know people will say that T'Challa should return the favor since he appeared im caps movie, but unlike the other marvel heroes, T'Challas support cast is 1 big, 2 well developed to the point that they don't need cameos and frankly they would only hurt the development of Supporting cast or take away T'Challas screen time/feats.

Cameos worked for IM, Cap, and Thor. IM because it's a small cast, cap because all of his support is old or dead come the sequel Abd Thor's cast was so forgettable that one the warriors 3 is replaced and no one noticed.

So doom can show up in a FF movie and Namor can show up somewhere else too. People keep referencing their history as reason for why those two should show up In bps movie yet gloss over the fact that those stories didn't uplift T'Challa or Wakanda and so that is the purpose of the movie.

They could do strum... And not use Doom or Namor. Frankly I don't want them showing up in BPs movies. I know people will say that T'Challa should return the favor since he appeared im caps movie, but unlike the other marvel heroes, T'Challas support cast is 1 big, 2 well developed to the point that they don't need cameos and frankly they would only hurt the development of Supporting cast or take away T'Challas screen time/feats.

Cameos worked for IM, Cap, and Thor. IM because it's a small cast, cap because all of his support is old or dead come the sequel Abd Thor's cast was so forgettable that one the warriors 3 is replaced and no one noticed.

So doom can show up in a FF movie and Namor can show up somewhere else too. People keep referencing their history as reason for why those two should show up In bps movie yet gloss over the fact that those stories didn't uplift T'Challa or Wakanda and so that is the purpose of the movie.
    Look, my 1st choice for the BP 2 storyline is EoS. With all the rumors of Namor appearing in the MCU, I am opening up to the idea of Strum Und Drang. But honestly at the end of the day, i just want a great movie.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

The Client is so damn easy to adapt, that I would be both equally surprised and disappointed if Coogler doesn't do it.

Seriously all the work has been cut out for him and he's actually set it up so well: Wakanda has both been revealed to the world and T'Challa promised outreach; T'Challa now has experience being king and has developed a friendship with Ross. Pretty much everything is right there. Only thing they really need to do is carry on stuff from the first film and make Achebe less demon-possesed, Joker caricature and more James Bond type villain and keep the same political messaging from the first one were possible.

Achebe doesn't even really need to be as relatable as Killmonger either. He doesn't have to have a point: he should just be a really evil, really smart and driven man that's difficult to put down. And I know the five year gap makes things murky but the snap and the blip both provide more than enough chaos for **** to go down or for someone like Achebe to concort an evil plan without making the Wakandans look sloppy. Get an actor like Giancarlo Esposito or Denzel Washington to just give you charismatic screen presence, menace and monologues for days and you're good to go.

Make BP2 an international political spy thriller summer blockbuster and you're set.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

To me, much of The Client feels difficult to adapt because of the different direction of Ross and because I'm doubtful they'd use Mephisto.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mephisto doesn't add much to the story aside from giving T'Challa a few feats, so he can easily be taken out to ground Achebe a bit. You also don't have to use Ross' jumpy narration as a format. That sort of storytelling doesn't seem like Coogler's style.

What I mean is that the essentials of the story are easily adaptable and set up already exists for them. Just change a few things and add some more as they usually do in a typical adaptation and it's all there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The Client is so damn easy to adapt, that I would be both equally surprised and disappointed if Coogler doesn't do it.

Seriously all the work has been cut out for him and he's actually set it up so well: Wakanda has both been revealed to the world and T'Challa promised outreach; T'Challa now has experience being king and has developed a friendship with Ross. Pretty much everything is right there. Only thing they really need to do is carry on stuff from the first film and make Achebe less demon-possesed, Joker caricature and more James Bond type villain and keep the same political messaging from the first one were possible.

Achebe doesn't even really need to be as relatable as Killmonger either. He doesn't have to have a point: he should just be a really evil, really smart and driven man that's difficult to put down. And I know the five year gap makes things murky but the snap and the blip both provide more than enough chaos for **** to go down or for someone like Achebe to concort an evil plan without making the Wakandans look sloppy. Get an actor like Giancarlo Esposito or Denzel Washington to just give you charismatic screen presence, menace and monologues for days and you're good to go.

Make BP2 an international political spy thriller summer blockbuster and you're set.
    Orlando Jones would also make a good fit for Achebe. His performance in American Gods sold me on it.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Orlando Jones would also make a good fit for Achebe. His performance in American Gods sold me on it.
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention him. He can definitely play a more comic book accurate version. I think Esposito and Washington will be very serious while Jones will be a lot more fun. Depends on what they want to go for.