Page 130 of 750 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230630 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The Hollywood Reporter has an article crediting Coates for being responsible for T'Challa's rise in popularity and a quote from Bob Iger's memoir that claims Coates' run is why the Black Panther movie was greenlit. The movie was publicly greenlit in 2014 and Ryan was hired and started writing the movie before Coates' run even started. So either they misread the memoir or Iger straight up lied. Not to mention it was the film announcement, his CW appearance, and solo responsible for his new popularity. They also failed to mention that his two spinoffs were quickly canceled.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...anther-1281840

The possibility of Coates influencing the production of the second instalment is almost becoming a reality with Coates name being tosed around.

Fantastic Member

Lord Almighty I love this thread. When all my friends and associates call me an idiot for not liking Coates' BP you all reaffirm my belief.

And As a thing I want to mention. I really don't like Coates naming of the Maroons and the ship names. Like sure they fit thematically but nothing feels Wakadan. Why would an Isolationist kingdom with its own deep history and beliefs name things after south African Zulu's and Caribbean groups/people.

Wakanda doesnt feel like it is as important as it should be in a book about its King.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The Hollywood Reporter has an article crediting Coates for being responsible for T'Challa's rise in popularity and a quote from Bob Iger's memoir that claims Coates' run is why the Black Panther movie was greenlit. The movie was publicly greenlit in 2014 and Ryan was hired and started writing the movie before Coates' run even started. So either they misread the memoir or Iger straight up lied. Not to mention it was the film announcement, his CW appearance, and solo responsible for his new popularity. They also failed to mention that his two spinoffs were quickly canceled.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...anther-1281840
    "The series Coates co-wrote brought in a number of writers of color new to Marvel — many new to comics, as Coates himself was when he started — including Roxane Gay, Yona Harvey and Evan Narcisse, creating a shared sensibility that built on the sparse framework already present to create a Wakanda, and a Black Panther, that properly spoke to something beyond the white fantasy of the black experience after decades". Seems they forgot that Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie exist abd we're the true architect for T'Challa and Wakanda..
    However, it appears T'Challa and Namor have something to say. Gentleman?

Seems Chadwick and Danai have some comments as well:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    "The series Coates co-wrote brought in a number of writers of color new to Marvel — many new to comics, as Coates himself was when he started — including Roxane Gay, Yona Harvey and Evan Narcisse, creating a shared sensibility that built on the sparse framework already present to create a Wakanda, and a Black Panther, that properly spoke to something beyond the white fantasy of the black experience after decades". Seems they forgot that Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie exist abd we're the true architect for T'Challa and Wakanda..
    ]
    The writer of that mess only started with comics in 2013.

To sit up and not know from 1998-2011 Black Panther had NOTHING but black writers?

Oh and a nice DISS to Stan Lee & Jack Kirby. Oh I guess they did NOTHING. Except create the character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The writer of that mess only started with comics in 2013.

To sit up and not know from 1998-2011 Black Panther had NOTHING but black writers?

Oh and a nice DISS to Stan Lee & Jack Kirby. Oh I guess they did NOTHING. Except create the character.
    Tbh McGregor did more for Black Panther compared to Lee or kirby..

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    True but you have to have a character created for that to happen. And later on Kirby did try Black Panther by himself.

Incredible Member

True but you have to have a character created for that to happen. And later on Kirby did try Black Panther by himself.
    Agreed....

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

The possibility of Coates influencing the production of the second instalment is almost becoming a reality with Coates name being tosed around.
    yahhhh this is amazing news!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I do think people tend to forget McGregors contribution to BP (which I suppose is understandable since it was so long ago and wasn't really republished all that often). I think it was Priest who said that 80% of what we saw on the big screen was McGregor. So much of that world building was him.

I hope not but when asked if he'd work on the movie, Coates commented he wouldn't want to mess up what Ryan had going on. So he's at least self aware enough to know that his ideas are bad for the movie but not self aware enough that his ideas have been bad for the comics too.

I remember an article where is said Kirby didnt want to write Black Panther solo. He felt he had done all he wanted with the character. Probably why is ended around number thirteen. I wasn't that good either.

The brief snipit for the concept of the second movie would say there going away from Coates. Unless they made changes between the release of that info.

I rembmer articles tried to say "A nation under our feet" would be a heavy influence for the movie. Even after it came out that they'd only use some of the visuals. Which amounted to how the suit lights up, force push, and the Kimoyo beads.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yahhhh this is amazing news!!
    Oh yeah it's so amazing that people are spreading blatant misinformation and lies about Coates contribution and influence to the MCU as well as taking credit for things that preceded him..

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Man, Nnedi was alright on the 3-parter for the DMs but Shuri was boring as Hell.

They should give BP to Christos Gage. Superior Spider-Man was damn good.
    Gage actually would be an excellent writer. He's aggressively competent, actually researches his characters and uses villains as meaningful foils.

The only drawback would be, IMO, if that they rarely allow him to make much change or impact. He's always second banana, so could he fly solo and do it well?

Love to find out, though.

Full-Length Episodes of ‘Marvel’s Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest’ Arrive on Marvel HQ YouTube

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...inkId=83426887
    The J-man