Page 141 of 750 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241641 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 11243
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    It doesn't help him when games are currently being released where Tchalla is dead and Shuri is the ruler of wakanda.
    what game is this?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what game is this?
    Marvel Realm of Champions, kind of an RPG sequel to Contest of Champions. There's a new Battlerealm created in the wake of the collision/destruction of multiple universes, and you can choose a player character that's aligned with any one of the key factions that have taken leadership in Battlerealm. One faction is made from the Wakandans that survived the Multiversal collision/collapse, but for some reason, T'Challa wasn't among them and so Shuri has assumed his role as Black Panther and ruler of Wakanda.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Marvel Realm of Champions, kind of an RPG sequel to Contest of Champions. There's a new Battlerealm created in the wake of the collision/destruction of multiple universes, and you can choose a player character that's aligned with any one of the key factions that have taken leadership in Battlerealm. One faction is made from the Wakandans that survived the Multiversal collision/collapse, but for some reason, T'Challa wasn't among them and so Shuri has assumed his role as Black Panther and ruler of Wakanda.
    oh dang that sucks. thanks for the info. I like shuri but I dont want her to obtain tchallas title as BP. thnk goodness none of these games are canon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh dang that sucks. thanks for the info. I like shuri but I dont want her to obtain tchallas title as BP. thnk goodness none of these games are canon.
    I can agree with that. I did like her standing in for T'Challa in the older Black Panther comics, but I'd prefer it to be kind of like how Marvel can have Clint Barton and Kate Bishop both being Hawkeye, or Richard Rider and Sam Alexander both being Nova, or even Peter Parker and Miles Morales both being Spider-Man, with (hopefully) neither being diminished or demeaned.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Again, Shuri being smart doesn't diminish Tchalla. There's no law in fiction stating only 1 black person can be smart in a book or movie.

Does he HAVE to split feats? No. Doesn't mean he can't and shouldn't have a supporting which can contribute (effectively taking some of BPs feats).

Ultimately building up Shuri helps BP so it's not really a problem.
    I didn't say that. But having the main characters stats being taken away for another character shouldn't happen. And no, building up T'Challa helps BP ultimately
    This whole trying to spin off isht while T'Challa stays behind is getting old. Realistically only Shuri can spin off and even then it shouldn't be till after years of development, actual development

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I didn't say that. But having the main characters stats being taken away for another character shouldn't happen. And no, building up T'Challa helps BP ultimately
    This whole trying to spin off isht while T'Challa stays behind is getting old. Realistically only Shuri can spin off and even then it shouldn't be till after years of development, actual development
    The development is there, the problem is that they are trying to reach a comic audience with MCU Shuri. The good plan would be to promote that young adults book they have for her coming out this spring and spin that into her own series of novels and try to get picked up as a TV show for Hulu or Disney+. I think that has a better chance of reaching a wider movie audience.

I can agree with that. I did like her standing in for T'Challa in the older Black Panther comics, but I'd prefer it to be kind of like how Marvel can have Clint Barton and Kate Bishop both being Hawkeye, or Richard Rider and Sam Alexander both being Nova, or even Peter Parker and Miles Morales both being Spider-Man, with (hopefully) neither being diminished or demeaned.
    The problem is that they are trying to make her into something without putting in the effort to make her her own character. Even in the Shuri book they had her acting out of character with the whole born the wrong gender crap and just all around zero effort put into making her feel like a real character with a defined role and agency. Instead trying to piggy back off T'Challa. When it comes to Supporting cast. Realistically I can only see Kasper and Hunter as the only two who can have stories that don't revolve around being BP. Shuri is tied to Wakanda because she never leaves, sane with Okoye. On order to become their own character they need to be able to operate away from the title they came from to some extent

The problem is that they are trying to make her into something without putting in the effort to make her her own character. Even in the Shuri book they had her acting out of character with the whole born the wrong gender crap and just all around zero effort put into making her feel like a real character with a defined role and agency. Instead trying to piggy back off T'Challa. When it comes to Supporting cast. Realistically I can only see Kasper and Hunter as the only two who can have stories that don't revolve around being BP. Shuri is tied to Wakanda because she never leaves, sane with Okoye. On order to become their own character they need to be able to operate away from the title they came from to some extent
    My idea for the novel series is she moves to Oakland and goes to a university there for a degree that is outside of her comfort zone(art history or something). While at the same time working at a WK outreach center and nights as a vigilante, secret identity and everything. It gives her her own story, doesn't' have to piggy back off Tchalla, and freedom to explore the character more.

Pop Quiz...

You will be graded on spelling and punctuation and this exam requires a #2 pencil!

Question: What was the title of the hit super hero movie that earned over 1.3 Billion Dollars at the box office?

1. Shuri The Genius

2. Killmonger's Revenge

3. Nakia: Memoirs of A Super Spy

4. Black Panther

Keep your eyes on your own test papers...

Since the Black Panther movie is the only confirmed wage earner of anything featuring this intellectual property why bother with all that other stuff!

Both Shuri's and Killmonger's comic flopped extra hard... Did Disney become anti money after the Thanos snappening!

Asking for a friend...
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Pop Quiz...

You will be graded on spelling and punctuation and this exam requires a #2 pencil!

Question: What was the title of the hit super hero movie that earned over 1.3 Billion Dollars at the box office?

1. Shuri The Genius

2. Killmonger's Revenge

3. Nakia: Memoirs of A Super Spy

4. Black Panther

Keep your eyes on your own test papers...

Since the Black Panther movie is the only confirmed wage earner of anything featuring this intellectual property why bother with all that other stuff!

Both Shuri's and Killmonger's comic flopped extra hard... Did Disney become anti money after the Thanos snappening!

Asking for a friend...
    Thats why Im suggesting novels for her. Its a medium that most likely suits her demographic. Comics is not it.

if he is injured or off the planet it makes sense but I dont think he should ever be killed off.

It's not that Tchallas stat is taken away ... it's that Shuri has it too. Tchalla is still a genius. There's no rule against having 2 smart characters.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's not that Tchallas stat is taken away ... it's that Shuri has it too. Tchalla is still a genius. There's no rule against having 2 smart characters.
    Obviously there's no rule but at the same time expecting that now his tech feats get cut split is also not a realistic expectation because the book is called black panther, not Black panther and Shuri. This isn't like totally awesome hulk where Cho relied on his sister to watch his back so both of them being super geniuses and splitting feats worked fine. And this isn't the MCU where Shuri needs a clear role separate from the other cast members. In the Comics Shuri gets some tech feats. But the Lions share of feats should always go to T'Challa. Trying to focus on Shuri in tchallas book only hurts the book. Develop her then give her her own book of they want to explore her genius. That's how this stuff works.

Nothing in Avengers today. There was a cool bar scene with Namor and an "Oh f**k no" moment at the end, but no Tchalla. All set for what will probably be a post Empyre event.

Obviously there's no rule but at the same time expecting that now his tech feats get cut split is also not a realistic expectation because the book is called black panther, not Black panther and Shuri. This isn't like totally awesome hulk where Cho relied on his sister to watch his back so both of them being super geniuses and splitting feats worked fine. And this isn't the MCU where Shuri needs a clear role separate from the other cast members. In the Comics Shuri gets some tech feats. But the Lions share of feats should always go to T'Challa. Trying to focus on Shuri in tchallas book only hurts the book. Develop her then give her her own book of they want to explore her genius. That's how this stuff works.
    At this point, most tech feats still do go to T'challa. Shuri isn't really in Avengers, while the BP solo book doesn't go out of its way to emphasize Shuris tech skills. It did in the Shuri book but that was her book and Tchalla wasn't even on the planet at the time. At this point in the comics, Shuri tech ability only really is emphasized in books Tchalla really isn't even in. Maybe that will change with the next BP writer ... or maybe not. We'll see.