Page 143 of 750 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243643 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Shuri gets to move and its not all about damn Oakland or america each and every time a Wakandan leaves Wakanda.... Shuri leading the WDG and being lead emissary makes her both a CEO and a foreign minister.

The WDG and being lead emissary are both perfect cover to travel and coordinate spy activity as a lead executive but not necessary the head...that lies with Tchalla but she can still make executive decisions in urgent circumstances.

Just look at what I had for Tchalla, he still has PLEEEENTY to do coordinate on his end between kingly duties to leading Avengers to being on the Congress of World to Agents of Wakanda...I would follow up on all these exploits in the BP solo.

Let Shuri also be as mobile....and we get to see her doing other stuff than just smiting at Tchalla or being some tech guru wet blanket in the royal palace.....I already pointed out many responsibilities she would have.

I enjoy Manifold and Shuri....its probably the only idea of TNC I have liked after all Manifold is not even being used in the Xmen.
    Sure she can do that. But to explore her it needs to be in her own Solo, as i have said in previous posts.also being that the Comics are adopting the MCU version her responsibility changes. But having her leaf the spy and design group works well enough.

Manifold and Shuri didn't even have a relationship. Like the entire time they had I think one actual conversation in 4 years that showed anything resembling a slight development of a relationship. Like manifold their relationship was just thrown in without any context or explanation

I think Shuri and Manifold only have 2 seen conversations which are about 2 years apart.

Man, most of y'all ideas for shuri are....very uninspired.

Why does she need to study in another country LESS ADVANCED than her home?

For millennia, Kings and Queens have had several children even though there is only one heir to the throne.... Doesn't mean siblings of the heir must create a separate kingdom just to create unnecessary strife and forced narcissistic conflict within the Royal family. THAT NONSENSE WILL NOT BE OUR WAKANDAN LEADING ROYAL FAMILY....Let that be in other leading royals or nobility elsewhere but not between Shuri and Tchalla.

This is my proposal for Shuri.

She becomes lead director of WDG and leading global emissary of the Wakandan government/leadership to the general world governments so she gets to travel globally a lot handling issues from...

... industrial sabotage or espionage from rivalling companies or organisations

... vibranium related incidents resulting from Wakandan products and/or black market vibranium

... Issues relating to Wakandans residing abroad as well as all earth bound Wakandan embassies

... Liaising, negotiating and ironing out agreements or partnerships or conflicting issues with CEOs, Leading pioneers, Heads of State, etc. Only consulting with Tchalla on issues that require his final say or input.

.... And of course the global Wakandan spy network and their activities.

So if Shuri gets to do all that.....what about BP himself- King Tchalla.

...Handling king duties to his kingdom... Whatever internal issues

... Spearheading Wakandan foreign policies will Shuri being amongst the lead consults.

.... Liaising, negotiating and ironing out agreements or partnerships or conflicting issues with the leadership of alien civilizations especially pertaining to the intergalactic empire of wakanda/IEW depending on how TNCs run concludes and events of Empyre.

...If the IEW is dissolved then follow-up on Tchalla being earth's representative on the Congress of Worlds as he pushes to stretch the reach of Wakanda across space. This could perhaps be the PROPER BEGINNINGS of how the IEW was born....alongside whatever grander ulterior motives Tchalla might have.

... Bring back the Ultimates and have the team as part of an ongoing sub-plot within BP series.

...Tchalla being leader of the Avengers, it will be brilliant to see what extra curricular activities he does behind the scenes of the plots that occur in the avengers.

Back to Shuri.

She will have her team "The P.R.I.D.E" (from Maberrys' run) as part of her stort , give of take some shuffling of characters on that team.

Keep Shuri and 'Portal man' together, develop the love story with the usual ups and downs but as an unbreakable soulmates.

Get rid of Storm.....bring back Monica Lynne as BPs primary live interest who is now an empowered inhuman (with latent eternals dna) after the terrigen cloud plotline in the Inhumans comics.

Plenty of story potential here.....Shuri gets to global trot a lot, and given what I have proposed as a story for her, she will be involved in some tangential Wakandan/krakoan plot. Speaking of which, wasn't it mentioned in the Xmen that spy- spores or whatever were spread everywhere inferring that its also in Wakanda?

Certainly when Tchalla is away handling things semi-long term, Shuri becomes thrown custodian and when both are away from the kingdom then the council of elders ....but this shouldn't be an issue because Tchalla already had portal tech.

Sorry for the rambling, but that's just the basic bare bones and/or template of an idea I have.
    My ideas are for fixes without making drastic changes. What you want is pre movie Shuri who, I think has died and will only be around so long as writers are willing to keep going with Coates's story.

It obvious that Marvel wants MCU Shuri in the 616 because they think it will generate the most return. My ideas integrate that Shuri without relegating her to a minor support character.

Your proposal gives them the Putin/Medvedev relationship. One of them is going to be redundant at some point.

The fact that oh so much energy is needed to focus on Shuri and her travails that we are missing out on all this URST (UnResolved Sexual Tension) between Black Panther and Princess Zanda...

I believe that the math and the science indicates that there is way more money to be had with Black Panther and Princess Zanda than Shuri's James Bond's designated Q initiative!

Shuri would probably make a great Manga comic for little girls to curl up to and not purchase at whatever is left of storefront bookstores but that is about it!

Personally, I would rather see a Malice based Nakia rivaling Princess Zanda than "she who shall not be named" piggybacking off the Black Panther movie success and sucking up valuable narrative inducing panel space!

Actually more of a sophisticated mature relationship triangle like Mcduffie wrote on the Justice League cartoon involving John Stewart, Vixen and Hawkgirl!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDZTa7b8MqU

So where is the love...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcHPNUN-U8E
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Why? What the going down? Are you making note of the coalition of bad guys starting to come together as a threat to the Avengers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And thus, a threat to Wakanda, since T'Challa is the chairperson of the Avengers and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    And Namor is talking to some sort of remnant of his Phoenix powers.
    yeah I guess Atlanteans don't like Wakandans now, or maybe it was just that bartender.

But that last page was a big uh oh.

I hope. I really really hope we don't get an AvX repeat. I've been warning you all about this. Some of these writters just want to see Wakanda be invaded and get wrekt. Can we go back to the days of Hudlin or Priest or Secret Invasion, heck even Avengers EMH. Wakanda never fell.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    The fact that oh so much energy is needed to focus on Shuri and her travails that we are missing out on all this URST (UnResolved Sexual Tension) between Black Panther and Princess Zanda...

I believe that the math and the science indicates that there is way more money to be had with Black Panther and Princess Zanda than Shuri's James Bond's designated Q initiative!

Shuri would probably make a great Manga comic for little girls to curl up to and not purchase at whatever is left of storefront bookstores but that is about it!

Personally, I would rather see a Malice based Nakia rivaling Princess Zanda than "she who shall not be named" piggybacking off the Black Panther movie success and sucking up valuable narrative inducing panel space!

Actually more of a sophisticated mature relationship triangle like Mcduffie wrote on the Justice League cartoon involving John Stewart, Vixen and Hawkgirl!

So where is the love...

Oh, the plans I have for Zanda.

Ah, well.

Class, what Professor Redjack is saying is that he has plans for Zanda to move in and establish dominance with Black Panther over all other would be suitors...

Wakanda Forever vs Wakanda-a-Minute

Carry on Professor...
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    My ideas are for fixes without making drastic changes. What you want is pre movie Shuri who, I think has died and will only be around so long as writers are willing to keep going with Coates's story.

It obvious that Marvel wants MCU Shuri in the 616 because they think it will generate the most return. My ideas integrate that Shuri without relegating her to a minor support character.

Your proposal gives them the Putin/Medvedev relationship. One of them is going to be redundant at some point.
    That is the overall issue. Shuri becomes redundant if she stays in Wakanda. And then she starts taking roles from T'Challa on order to give her something to do. And yeah with MCU young Shuri coming in either Marvel commits to it or they don't, but this in-between that's going on needs to end because it's not working at all.

So where is the love...

A Shuri manga would be kinda cool Actually. Hell I have thought of a Wakandan high like manga idea just for fun in which all the BP characters are highschoolers

Man, most of y'all ideas for shuri are....very uninspired.

Why does she need to study in another country LESS ADVANCED than her home?

For millennia, Kings and Queens have had several children even though there is only one heir to the throne.... Doesn't mean siblings of the heir must create a separate kingdom just to create unnecessary strife and forced narcissistic conflict within the Royal family. THAT NONSENSE WILL NOT BE OUR WAKANDAN LEADING ROYAL FAMILY....Let that be in other leading royals or nobility elsewhere but not between Shuri and Tchalla.

This is my proposal for Shuri.

She becomes lead director of WDG and leading global emissary of the Wakandan government/leadership to the general world governments so she gets to travel globally a lot handling issues from...

... industrial sabotage or espionage from rivalling companies or organisations

... vibranium related incidents resulting from Wakandan products and/or black market vibranium

... Issues relating to Wakandans residing abroad as well as all earth bound Wakandan embassies

... Liaising, negotiating and ironing out agreements or partnerships or conflicting issues with CEOs, Leading pioneers, Heads of State, etc. Only consulting with Tchalla on issues that require his final say or input.

.... And of course the global Wakandan spy network and their activities.

So if Shuri gets to do all that.....what about BP himself- King Tchalla.

...Handling king duties to his kingdom... Whatever internal issues

... Spearheading Wakandan foreign policies will Shuri being amongst the lead consults.

.... Liaising, negotiating and ironing out agreements or partnerships or conflicting issues with the leadership of alien civilizations especially pertaining to the intergalactic empire of wakanda/IEW depending on how TNCs run concludes and events of Empyre.

...If the IEW is dissolved then follow-up on Tchalla being earth's representative on the Congress of Worlds as he pushes to stretch the reach of Wakanda across space. This could perhaps be the PROPER BEGINNINGS of how the IEW was born....alongside whatever grander ulterior motives Tchalla might have.

... Bring back the Ultimates and have the team as part of an ongoing sub-plot within BP series.

...Tchalla being leader of the Avengers, it will be brilliant to see what extra curricular activities he does behind the scenes of the plots that occur in the avengers.

Back to Shuri.

She will have her team "The P.R.I.D.E" (from Maberrys' run) as part of her stort , give of take some shuffling of characters on that team.

Keep Shuri and 'Portal man' together, develop the love story with the usual ups and downs but as an unbreakable soulmates.

Get rid of Storm.....bring back Monica Lynne as BPs primary live interest who is now an empowered inhuman (with latent eternals dna) after the terrigen cloud plotline in the Inhumans comics.

Plenty of story potential here.....Shuri gets to global trot a lot, and given what I have proposed as a story for her, she will be involved in some tangential Wakandan/krakoan plot. Speaking of which, wasn't it mentioned in the Xmen that spy- spores or whatever were spread everywhere inferring that its also in Wakanda?

Certainly when Tchalla is away handling things semi-long term, Shuri becomes thrown custodian and when both are away from the kingdom then the council of elders ....but this shouldn't be an issue because Tchalla already had portal tech.

Sorry for the rambling, but that's just the basic bare bones and/or template of an idea I have.
    As much as I would love Shuri having some sort of solo doing really ANYTHING, I don't think she can sustain a solo indefinately. Not yet.

I think the simplest thing to do with her, if you want her to get out of T'Challa's shadow a bit, is to put her on a super hero team. One that has a descent chance of not getting cancelled anytime soon. Stick her on Champions or Future Foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    As much as I would love Shuri having some sort of solo doing really ANYTHING, I don't think she can sustain a solo indefinately. Not yet.

I think the simplest thing to do with her, if you want her to get out of T'Challa's shadow a bit, is to put her on a super hero team. One that has a descent chance of not getting cancelled anytime soon. Stick her on Champions or Future Foundation.
    T'Challa is a practical applications genius. IOW- see a problem, come up with a solve.

Shuri is an experimental genius - more artistic. she just decides something needs to exist and tries to make it happen.

They have complimentary skills but their areas of focus and their inclinations are different. Think about T'Challa as being Tony Stark and Shuri as being Reed Richards.

That's what I do. It's why we gave Shuri her "bag of prototypes" in the series and why T'Challa and Tony were always sparring via armor upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    T'Challa is a practical applications genius. IOW- see a problem, come up with a solve.

Shuri is an experimental genius - more artistic. she just decides something needs to exist and tries to make it happen.

They have complimentary skills but their areas of focus and their inclinations are different. Think about T'Challa as being Tony Stark and Shuri as being Reed Richards.

That's what I do. It's why we gave Shuri her "bag of prototypes" in the series and why T'Challa and Tony were always sparring via armor upgrades.
    T'Challa, the pragmatic genius: Comes up with practical tech/ upgrades, capable of multiple uses both Orthodox and unorthodox seemlessly, uses non tech to take down tech to even the playing field.

Shuri the experimental genius: makes creative upgrades/ tech tests are used on the Field garnering expected and nonexpected results. Less flexible in terms of use but highly effective in the role it's supposed to fill.

Similar to what you were saying but I guess how I would tackle it. Neither is necessarily smarter than the other, it's simply different thought process and approach.

I love it when my point is proven...

Thanks guys!

Black Panther seems to be about everybody else other than him even in this thread!

Shuri... Storm... The third Dora from the left... The random elder that pops in and says hi and sucks up panel space... Endless ensembles... etc etc

While on the other hand Princess Zanda's existence makes it all about him even when it's all about her because that's what a leading lady does by default Catwoman style!

T'challa in the comics is surrounded by women he can't intimately touch like baby sister, Okoye and ratchet Nakia!

The words neutered come to mind as focus is shifted to random Wakandans that not only can't sell anything on their own but a new writer could ignore and they might not necessarily be missed!

King T'challa could technically declare war against Princess Zanda and give a whole new meaning to Helen of Troy or Joan of Arc but instead we worrying about what school Shuri should enroll in!

In history (Google for me) has there ever been two possible love interests meeting on a battlefield over bedroom politics... I'll wait!

You could have switched out Black Swan with Zanda and gone in so many directions and built up a more popular rogues gallery character cosplayed by black women at every major comic convention!

Talia al Ghul got Batman drugged to impregnate her with Damian Wayne which forever links them together... Meanwhile struggling sales Black Panther still talking about Shuri and whatnot!

Princess Zanda: "King T'challa... I'm pregnant!"

King T'challa: "..."

(insert reaction story right here)

Is it me or is Batman having all the fun even when he appears to not be having fun... Now let's look at those tech school brochures for Shuri!

Redjack you should pick a name out for Princess Zanda's lovechild and get the ball rolling on your downtime... just saying!
    Get Hectic!

Thanks guys!

Black Panther seems to be about everybody else other than him even in this thread!

Shuri... Storm... The third Dora from the left... The random elder that pops in and says hi and sucks up panel space... Endless ensembles... etc etc

While on the other hand Princess Zanda's existence makes it all about him even when it's all about her because that's what a leading lady does by default Catwoman style!

T'challa in the comics is surrounded by women he can't intimately touch like baby sister, Okoye and ratchet Nakia!

The words neutered come to mind as focus is shifted to random Wakandans that not only can't sell anything on their own but a new writer could ignore and they might not necessarily be missed!

King T'challa could technically declare war against Princess Zanda and give a whole new meaning to Helen of Troy or Joan of Arc but instead we worrying about what school Shuri should enroll in!

In history (Google for me) has there ever been two possible love interests meeting on a battlefield over bedroom politics... I'll wait!

You could have switched out Black Swan with Zanda and gone in so many directions and built up a more popular rogues gallery character cosplayed by black women at every major comic convention!

Talia al Ghul got Batman drugged to impregnate her with Damian Wayne which forever links them together... Meanwhile struggling sales Black Panther still talking about Shuri and whatnot!

Is it me or is Batman having all the fun even when he appears to not be having fun... Now let's look at those tech school brochures for Shuri!

Redjack you should pick a name out for Princess Zanda's lovechild and get the ball rolling on your downtime... just saying!
    Then why don't you post something about Tchalla?

Thanks guys!

My brutha, we want nothing butnthr best for T'Challa, after the past upteen year's of back of the bus panther o am all ready to see T'Challa shining, yet everybody and their cousin be calling trying to get some of that BP money. As I stated, move Shuri out ob her own to go have her owb adventures and do her own thing so she can develop or she needs to take a seat and fulfill her support role
    As everyone hear has been stating.

Also zanda should make a cone back, as should Monica and malaika, any anyone else who has been swooned by T'Challa! Brotha should have his pick at a LI that will ride or die with him, or blin zandas case, play the Catwoman to his Batman

As far as Shuri differentiating herself from T'Challa in the comics at least... my vote is to simply mix magic and tech. Her Griot aspects give her a foundation there. T'Challa doesn't really utilize magic TOO MUCH... he'll dabble in it here and there, but it's not something I would say he necessarily emphasizes. Shuri can be a rare character who blends both. And there aren't too many characters who do that... Doom being the biggest most high profile exception. He's been able to boil down magic to a science, and I think Shuri can be a character that does something similar.