Page 156 of 750 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 11243
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Just a few more months, and it will be over.
    Recited as a mantra, as I count down to that blessed day.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Guys, guys... just give it up.

No matter what you say, Coates' partisans will either find SOME excuse for why what he wrote is "just like Priest/Hudlin!", or some off-panel explanation that justifies it.

Just a few more months, and it will be over.
    why? people are allowed to like what they like, and people are allowed to share opinions here, it is a discussion board, just because you don’t like Coates doesn’t mean everyone who does like his work has to be quiet. what’s so difficult about reading different opinions?

for my part, I’ve never claimed his work is perfect or is above criticism, but for the most part I do enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    why? people are allowed to like what they like, and people are allowed to share opinions here, it is a discussion board, just because you don’t like Coates doesn’t mean everyone who does like his work has to be quiet. what’s so difficult about reading different opinions?

for my part, I’ve never claimed his work is perfect or is above criticism, but for the most part I do enjoy it.
    I was, of course, referring to my fellow fans who endeavor to convince others that they are wrong.

At no point did I say "If you like Coates, be quiet". So, thanks for playing!

Honestly I think that's the fun part about discussion boards. It would be kinda boring if everyone pretty much agreed on everything.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I think that's the fun part about discussion boards. It would be kinda boring if everyone pretty much agreed on everything.
    Oh, absolutely, agreed one hundred percent.

But reading through this thread, there definitely is the occasional post basically telling people who like Coates’ work to go away. So it seems some do want an echo chamber, one where everyone agrees he’s the worst ever.

Oh, absolutely, agreed one hundred percent.

But reading through this thread, there definitely is the occasional post basically telling people who like Coates’ work to go away. So it seems some do want an echo chamber, one where everyone agrees he’s the worst ever.
    I don't think I've ever had anyone say "go away" on this thread (at least to my face)... but from time to time I DO think you'll get the implication that people see you as a new fan or not a fan at all when you're in disagreement with some over liking or not liking a run. And after a point that does start to create an echo chamber of sorts.

But that's not inherently unique to this threat or board ... internet sort of works that way for whatever reason.

Ultimate Member

I was, of course, referring to my fellow fans who endeavor to convince others that they are wrong.

At no point did I say "If you like Coates, be quiet". So, thanks for playing!
    No one has said that. No one at all.

Too many have acted like any criticism of Coates is wrong and as we have seen circle the wagons. Including Unfans.

Now the question will be when that new writer shows up and housecleans-will they still be here?

That'll teach me to try and play peacemaker. *shrug*

He is saying there is no point arguing about points back and forth. The divide is too wide, it just becomes a circular argument.

It is fine to praise and like Coates. Just get into conversations with people who also enjoy it.

What tends to happen in this thread, constantly, that none of the Coates fans ever actually engage in discussion over the issue or what they like. They generally pop in and make a comment designed to get a rise out of people (those typically are storm fans) or they simply wait utnil the Coates haters post and then start counter posting.

You could really have two completely separate threads in regards to black panther. Self segregation of people who like coates and people who don't. At this point, there isn't much mixing between the two lol.

The coates fan thread would be 100% dead though or turn into Storm Fan Thread #2.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This looks to be the beginning of the end for AoW. I'm hoping to see some serious Wakandan tech being used.

We should probably see some more Wakandans if they're going to invade Wakanda.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

See Okoye with a sword feels wrong
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Ezyo1000, have you ever had the chance to talk to Coates about any of those gripes?
    I don't use Twitter, and I will never use Twitter. And I doubt he would listen anyways

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    See Okoye with a sword feels wrong
    I miss the outfits Okoye and Nakia wore in fights during Priest's run. Better yet, bring the gear from EMH to the comics.

your entitled to Your opinion. But what gets frustrating is when people come in, asking fans what do they think of Coates, we tell them we don't like his stuff and why on detailed and civil discussion and bring up counter points, the. All of a sudden we are being accused of telling others to be quiet or we are being bullies.

If you like the run cool. Most here don't for various reasons. There are regulars on this thread who like Coates and none have been told to be quiet or leave