Page 161 of 750 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261661 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    for the dude who was saying Aquaman was better then BP a while ago

here you go

That was a really good vid and I pretty much agree with everything. Aquaman was a good, fun movie and it does share many similarities with Black Panther. However, Black Panther is just an overall better film when one considers the drama and emotion that the actors/characters brought to it.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

EMPYRE: THE INVASION OF WAKANDA #2 (OF 3)

Jim Zub (W) • LAN MEDINA (A)

COVER BY Dustin Weaver

VARIANT COVER BY KIM JACINTO

WAKANDA UNDER SIEGE!

• Alien weapons, psychic spirits, ancient magic — T’Challa prepared for war, but not even he could have foreseen the forces now brought to bear against his homeland.

• If the Great Vibranium Mound is lost to these invaders, our planet will follow…

• Yibambe!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

The cover is interesting. Birnan Zana looks like it's going to take some hits again though. The Panther Zord is cool too.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    The cover is interesting. Birnan Zana looks like it's going to take some hits again though. The Panther Zord is cool too.
    As long as the evacuation order is given they can wreck the city like s Godzilla movie. They've been needing some more inspirational architecture for the past few years anyway. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    As long as the evacuation order is given they can wreck the city like s Godzilla movie. They've been needing some more inspirational architecture for the past few years anyway. Lol.
    Yeah, when you have giant mechas and monsters fighting you HAVE to smash a few building. It's just not cool if they don't.

There's no real harm done anyways... in comics entire cities are rebuilt overnight. Literally one panel at the end of the story showing some contruction, and the Golden City will likely be as good as new next time we see it.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Does anyone else think Black Panther could use some better villains? A lot of his villains seem kind of under powered to be taking on a super armored warrior with the recourses, of an entire technologically advanced country behind him.
    He does have villains they are just outdated. The supremacists, Solomon prey, 6 million year man, King cadaver, Baron macrebe. Those are all ones that can attack him physically and give him a challenge of they are upgraded. Especially 6 million year man. He would probably be the one that could really allow T'Challa to cut loose with tech. Tetu and Zenzi potential that was hamstrung by Coates immediately, so they would need a writer that could make then a threat without having to underscore T'Challa in the process. Then I would take Geoffrey Thorne's (aka Redjack) Zanda from BP quest and out her into the 616 because she is a very good rogue and better then the Zanda here.

Personally I would start with the supremacists and bring them back, because they are basically his sinister six that can challenge him in all aspects that would be badass to watch him take down. I have a whole story in my head of how they would go while also bringing a villain in that would be the puppet master to play the big end game against T'Challa. really writers need to slow the roll on using klaw Mbaku and Erik and give the others some new life and agency.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, he could use a few higher end villains. Klaw is very powerful and Tetu potentially is as well... but the rest are pretty underwhelming in terms of sheer raw power.

I think they use Doom for a lot of BP's big stories because none of his regular rogues are believable threats anymore at least in a physical sense.
    Doom was used for one story

Astonishing Member

Yeah, he could use a few higher end villains. Klaw is very powerful and Tetu potentially is as well... but the rest are pretty underwhelming in terms of sheer raw power.

I think they use Doom for a lot of BP's big stories because none of his regular rogues are believable threats anymore at least in a physical sense.
    This is definitely true. Writers default to out of mythos rogues for bigger BP stories because none of his own rogues have been elevated to the point they can be considered a legitimate threat. They lack the global assets and resources that allow them to operate on the same level that T'Challa does since most of them are superpowered mercenaries or rebels. So it's easier for a writer to bring in Atlantis than actually lay the groundwork for say a war with Volcan Dumuyo. The latter isn't well known and requires more investment to make an interesting foe (like a dictator).

A Voclan Dumuyan dictator, Moses Magnum, and Kiber the Cruel could be heavy hitter villains in the BP mythos but it comes down to writers wanting to actually construct an original rogues gallery instead of cycling through Namor or Doom whenever they want to raise the stakes. In fact I'd argue that T'Challa NEEDS original rogues like that because there are editorial constraints that come with using other people's rogues, meaning you can rarely have them die or change their status quo. The more original concepts and rogues a character has the more versatility they have.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

4.8K likes and 1.1K RTs
    Since the world is basically ending, are y’all ready to admit Black Panther wasn’t that good of a movie yet?
    https://twitter.com/skinny_que/statu...57261917331457

Is the perception changing in the black community?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I want to see a panther gundam, panther hulk buster, or panther prowler actually destroy something that's not Wakandan or win a battle. The only time anything like that has happened had been Hudlin. When the prowler wrecked Tony

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    He does have villains they are just outdated. The supremacists, Solomon prey, 6 million year man, King cadaver, Baron macrebe. Those are all ones that can attack him physically and give him a challenge of they are upgraded. Especially 6 million year man. He would probably be the one that could really allow T'Challa to cut loose with tech. Tetu and Zenzi potential that was hamstrung by Coates immediately, so they would need a writer that could make then a threat without having to underscore T'Challa in the process. Then I would take Geoffrey Thorne's (aka Redjack) Zanda from BP quest and out her into the 616 because she is a very good rogue and better then the Zanda here.

Personally I would start with the supremacists and bring them back, because they are basically his sinister six that can challenge him in all aspects that would be badass to watch him take down. I have a whole story in my head of how they would go while also bringing a villain in that would be the puppet master to play the big end game against T'Challa. really writers need to slow the roll on using klaw Mbaku and Erik and give the others some new life and agency.

Doom was used for one story
    Yeah, but how many big BP stories have we really had?

Doom War was the only BP event, which obviously used Doom. Time Runs Out wasn't a BP story, but was the only company wide event to arguably star BP. And that sort of was Doom centric too.

I think ultimately Tchalla is lacking a list villains ... that's why he needs to out source. Even Kingpin is surprisingly ne used a lot when a villain is needed for the more down to earth stuff.

Closest thing BP has to an a lister with actual credibility is Killmomger ... but he was strangely killed off for no reason whatsoever until recently. Hopefully his resurrection and power upgrade will be the start of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I want to see a panther gundam, panther hulk buster, or panther prowler actually destroy something that's not Wakandan or win a battle. The only time anything like that has happened had been Hudlin. When the prowler wrecked Tony
    If the fights are in Wakanda than WK buildings are going to get destroyed. But if nobody dies it doesn't matter. They were used in Priest to fight the Lemuarians, but the fight wants important to the story so it's only on a page.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This is definitely true. Writers default to out of mythos rogues for bigger BP stories because none of his own rogues have been elevated to the point they can be considered a legitimate threat. They lack the global assets and resources that allow them to operate on the same level that T'Challa does since most of them are superpowered mercenaries or rebels. So it's easier for a writer to bring in Atlantis than actually lay the groundwork for say a war with Volcan Dumuyo. The latter isn't well known and requires more investment to make an interesting foe (like a dictator).

A Voclan Dumuyan dictator, Moses Magnum, and Kiber the Cruel could be heavy hitter villains in the BP mythos but it comes down to writers wanting to actually construct an original rogues gallery instead of cycling through Namor or Doom whenever they want to raise the stakes. In fact I'd argue that T'Challa NEEDS original rogues like that because there are editorial constraints that come with using other people's rogues, meaning you can rarely have them die or change their status quo. The more original concepts and rogues a character has the more versatility they have.
    I think the problem is somewhat highlighted by us not having even a clear guess as to who BP might fight on the second movie.

You almost can't blame people for guessing Namor or Doom when the demand for seeing guys like Kiber the Cruel, even within the BP fanbase, isn't exactly massive.

We need a villain we can get excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    4.8K likes and 1.1K RTs

https://twitter.com/skinny_que/statu...57261917331457

Is the perception changing in the black community?
    Looks like one guy replying to every comment, if people say they liked it or it was as good as they thought then he posts some stupid gif. Basically he is finishing for people to agree with him and if they don't then he goes on some BS. Basically he is a nobody wanting attention

Doom War was the only BP event, which obviously used Doom. Time Runs Out wasn't a BP story, but was the only company wide event to arguably star BP. And that sort of was Doom centric too.

I think ultimately Tchalla is lacking a list villains ... that's why he needs to out source. Even Kingpin is surprisingly ne used a lot when a villain is needed for the more down to earth stuff.

Closest thing BP has to an a lister with actual credibility is Killmomger ... but he was strangely killed off for no reason whatsoever until recently. Hopefully his resurrection and power upgrade will be the start of something.
    Doom war was an event? I remember picking it up as it came out. It wasn't referenced in any other books at the time.

He doesn't need to outsource villians. He needs a writer who make villains memorable and a cartoon that makes them entertaining

How much publication has he had until priest and Hudlin came around? And even then they only used a couple villains. Thisnis an issue of not using his rogue's and using either other heroes or other villains to build up T'Challa first, which is fine. Now that he is a household name, now we should see a shift to start building up his rogues on high octane stories. This is something that can be easily do e if writers actually focus on building them up. Redjack did it Zanda, she was a joke in the Comics and from the BP quest she is arguably the best villain in there in terms of powers and threat by how she was groomed and developed. That's what needs to happen to his rogue's and I guarantee they will be a list. Plus his villains need to stop being used as c listers in other characters books that aren't A listers themselves, or being used in books Where it doesn't make any sense for them to show up. Like klaw in moon girl.

And finally this upgrade Coates gave to Erik is stupid because it should of came from the franchise as there is a lot to pull from but hewent the lazy route and used an out of franchise power that doesn't do BP aby favors. It's lazy and uncreative