Page 166 of 750 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266666 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 11243

What a complete and utter waste of Acuna's art. I hope they give Black Panther to Al Ewing

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Does anyone else think Black Panther could use some better villains? A lot of his villains seem kind of under powered to be taking on a super armored warrior with the recourses, of an entire technologically advanced country behind him.
    Firstly...

Uhm....wasn't it Stan Lee who said "No such thing as bad characters, just bad writers " or something like that.

Just look at how a cheap 3rd rate Halloween gimmick like Osborn became great in Dark Siege.

Secondly, BP does have POWERFUL villains if a writer can actually use their supposedly brains apply some creativity to them.

1 million year man... He should be the last descandant of kang- time master whose mother was a celestial or something along those lines.

The supremacists

Moses Magnum

Klaw (supposed to be a MASTER of sound)

Black Dragon

Sekhmet

Lion God

Kibet the Kruel

Soul Strangler (remove the racist **** and make him an evil human/beyonder hybrid....or some sorceror on Morluns level or something)

Dragon Circle....make them a dictatorial club of 1%nters who own/control whole governments from the shadows, now they want to own and control wakanda. Think along the lines of what Kingpin and Doom tried to do....undermine the royal family, political espionage, social economic sabotage, etc.

Or we can use this group as the villains from Wakandan past relating to an ancient treaty or alliance with the Atlas Empire in joker

Achebe......pretty much a politically hyper manipulative version of joker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

agree or disagree?
    This dude obviously only knows the character from Secret Wars to present and then threw in his first appearance because it is easy to wiki lol

Any list that doesn't include SWAD is fail. Any list that doesn't include bursting through the door and punching Mephisto is fail. I don't even think that is debatable honestly. Those are two moments where there is really no caveat where you go, "yeah but..." T'challa saw both of those moments through to there logical conclusion... Skrulls were brutalized and he beat Mephisto later.

Things like the IG in SW were cool as hell but ended up with him beaten-ish. F4 fight was cool but he technically lost due to Wyatt.

The Odin thing might be cool if it pays off ever. The galactus thing was a team effort... from the Ewing run, I would much rather see the Tiger God merger/feat, as that was T'challa and T'challa alone doing that.

"Bad Ass" is always a debatable term and means something different to different people though. I mean like, I think breaking red skulls face is easily top 5 moment but some people don't like it due to the circumstances around it.

But SWAD and Mephisto are top 5 easy and I'll fight you in tribal combat if you think otherwise
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

SWaD super skrulls
    Mephisto knock out
    WitBP klaw take down
    Take down of iron mans armor with windex
    Tchalla vs space werewolf

All of those are easily better then the list

taking a break from this thread for a while.

you guys are making me think complex thoughts about a book I'm never going to be allowed to write and it's working my nerves.

i'll come back after they announce the new team/direction.

presuming i survive COVID-19.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

you guys are making me think complex thoughts about a book I'm never going to be allowed to write and it's working my nerves.

We'll be holdin' it down until my bruh...salute!!

We'll be lucky if there are books at all in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    We'll be lucky if there are books at all in the next few weeks.
    I wouldn't bet on that. With Diamond shutting down, there's no path to get physical issues into readers' hands.

Welcome to The New Normal™

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I wouldn't bet on that. With Diamond shutting down, there's no path to get physical issues into readers' hands.

Welcome to The New Normal™
    That's what I'm thinking. Unless governments are willing to get temporary loan freezes for however long this last, I don't see most shops surviving a few weeks. Especially in states that are closing non-essential businesses. They might have been able to hold on a little while if they set up online shopping and delivery, but with no new inventory, its going to get rough.

Unless they invest heavily in manga and long time customers are willing to switch.

Besouro...

Great Post!

Black Panther... Significant Other/Love Interest... Rogues Gallery... Wakanda... Period!
    Get Hectic!

Seeing this post from you always hurts the soul. How unfortunate it is that there is someone who WANTS to write T'Challa and WANTS to tell great stories that uplift him and his world with ideas that seem to be different from. The run of the mill uncreative same ole that we get.

Dear Redjack...

At least replace yourself with a Skrull to tease us a little bit!
    Get Hectic!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Kibblesmith and Co...just proved that "no bad characters..." saying dead wrong. (It was crap anyway).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Kibblesmith and Co...just proved that "no bad characters..." saying dead wrong. (It was crap anyway).
    He's writing another black panther mini-series?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He's writing another black panther mini-series?
    No, he's writing the newest New Warriors series, which spins out of Outlawed and has been generally pilloried on all sides. One side hates it because it invokes heinously, hideously out-of-touch, even mocking stereotypes of modern youth. The other side hates it because . . . well, they hate anything in comics that reminds them that other kinds of people besides them exist in the world and have thoughts, feelings, rights, and most importantly in a capitalist society and enterprise --- purchasing power.
    The spider is always on the hunt.