Page 168 of 750 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268668 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 11243
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I don't even read this book anymore and I'm tired of hearing every issue is a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    In T'Challa's 50+ years, what moments should be in his highlight reel? He has a lot of great moments but which ones should have been used this issue?
    I think you contradict the many arguments by the panthers (author) that T'challa sucks. While also trying to incorporate stuff from various runs

- He doesn't want to be king: show him defeating S'yan to take the throne.

- You don't care about Wakanda: show him leading the armies in SWAD, defeating Mephisto, beating back Black Dwarf, stopping Kingpin, ect

- Your superhero friends are a liability: show the Avengers defeating Ultron, T'challa and friends stopping Red Zone Red Skull, using the Tiger God to stop whathisfacecosmicdude (lol) with help of the Ultimates, handing out supplies to NO after Katrina, ect

- The Illuminati was a mistake: Show T'challa weilding the gauntlet nad then using the reality stone to bring everything back

Yes, T'challa makes mistakes, but turn it around and counter the arguments by showing when T'challa was right in the end. Have him stand up to his ancestors like T'chadwick did.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

To sum up the recent issue.

spoilers:
    *T'Challa's fight with his ancestors was basically them reminding him how much of a failure he is while beating him up.

*T'Challa declares himself king of Wakanda and the fight is over.

*The rebels and everyone from the empire gets their memories back and Killmonger's forces start rebelling.

* NuNakia is dead.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

For what it's worth, I STILL don't think NuNakia is dead dead. She'll probably be brought back to life and become Malice the same way the previous Nakia was.

I think they killed the original and brought in this one just so we can have a more MCU-ish version, without the teenage girl issues the previous one had.

end of spoilers[/QUOTE]

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Very good issue...
    I thought the issue was very good too.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

In T'Challa's 50+ years, what moments should be in his highlight reel? He has a lot of great moments but which ones should have been used this issue?
    For every criticism in the issue, contrast it with a positive.

I wanted the page after this, but in had an ad on it.

oh god.. i will check it out later but maaaaan... Atleast Coates is consistent in his **** treatment of T'Challa??

BANNED

I think the most terrible thing about this is that this Book is Monthly.

This issue was kinda boring(as usual), but the fact we wait a month for a potential issue to be either boring or good....is very annoying.

After 4 years NuNakia's potential was wasted and she was poorly developed. In the end she was there to create unnecessary "tension" which makes her conversation with Storm even more pointless.

After 4 years NuNakia's potential was wasted and she was poorly developed. In the end she was there to create unnecessary "tension" which makes her conversation with Storm even more pointless.
    The MAIN purpose for characters like the new Nakia and M'Baku more than anything was to actually give T'Challa someone to interact with while he's in space, since his usual supporting cast isn't around.

That said, I still think she'll just come back as Malice down the line (like the previous Malice did... comic book characters tend to do that). A newer version without some of the issues the previous one had, with a Nakia which is a bit closer to the MCU version.

it be one thing if she died protecting T'challa or even Storm right in front of him

She just died in the most anti-climatic, unemotional way possible that had zero impact on the story it seems.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    This reminds of how much I really want more panels/scenes of T'Challa praying or leading some kind of religious ceremony. He's been called a priest or compared to one before.

The last time I remember this happening was in the first issue of New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    This reminds of how much I really want more panels/scenes of T'Challa praying or leading some kind of religious ceremony. He's been called a priest or compared to one before.

When he challenged the Tiger God, there were some religious aspects to it

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

I do wonder if it's sometimes sort of hard to be religious if you're T'CHalla.

He worships and prays to a being which he knows in the back of his mind he could probably beat the crap out of if he really put his mind to it.

Sound like literally every character Coates has created. Any and all potential is wasted, you give Zero craps about the character due to poor development or literal 180 heel turns and then you just don't care anymore. Add to the fact that this should of been the big triumphant return for T'Challa and it's instead... Bullisht, this run has just been trash and an embarrassment for 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The MAIN purpose for characters like the new Nakia and M'Baku more than anything was to actually give T'Challa someone to interact with while he's in space, since his usual supporting cast isn't around.

That said, I still think she'll just come back as Malice down the line (like the previous Malice did... comic book characters tend to do that). A newer version without some of the issues the previous one had, with a Nakia which is a bit closer to the MCU version.
    You do know that turning her into malice would make as much sense (meaning none) as this whole deal with Zenzi right? Like Zenzi, Nakia has no legitimate qualms with T'Challa, so why would she turn into Malice?