Page 185 of 750 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285685 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 11243

Nigeria the new Wakanda...

https://guardian.ng/life/is-it-an-as...ion-explosion/

Somebody wake Bast lazy @$$ up and get him/her to show them where the heart shaped herb will grow!

And some of you do a DNA ancestry check to see if you have Nigerian royal blood to get an early start for Challenge Day!

The Dream Hakeem: "Hakeem Olajuwon will challenge today!"
    Get Hectic!

So is BP delayed?

If you mean BP 2 then no.

The movie still keeps its release date

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    new concept art from Ryan Meinerding

I like this piece. The mask looks especially great.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Mighty Member

Simone Bianchi's Panther cover:

blackpanter_simonebianchi.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Simone Bianchi's Panther cover:

blackpanter_simonebianchi.jpg
    Disappointing that the suit never looked like this in the comic

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Disappointing that the suit never looked like this in the comic
    I think it's because it makes him look rich with all the gold accents, which kinda defeats the point of the run lol.

But aside from the kneepads that suit, it's gorgeous. I kinda hope the new suit from the film takes some inspiration from it.

Not so crazy that T'Challa is playing human pincushion, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I think it's because it makes him look rich with all the gold accents, which kinda defeats the point of the run lol.

But aside from the kneepads that suit, it's gorgeous. I kinda hope the new suit from the film takes some inspiration from it.
    I would say I would actually really be on board if the HZ looked like that habit in design actually

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RDMXV View Post
    So is BP delayed?
    The movie or the comic? The next issue is delayed. The movie doesn't appear to be at the moment, although it only got a release date announcement after everything else was moved, iirc.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I would say I would actually really be on board if the HZ looked like that habit in design actually
    Cosign, In addition to that I really wanna see Wakanda's version of heavy armored shock troops. The solo movie left me underwhelmed. I give points for the creative aesthetic, but you would almost think that the full military forces were the Dora, the border tribe and the castle guards.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Cosign, In addition to that I really wanna see Wakanda's version of heavy armored shock troops. The solo movie left me underwhelmed. I give points for the creative aesthetic, but you would almost think that the full military forces were the Dora, the border tribe and the castle guards.
    I mean to be fair, the final battle of the film wasn't an all-out civil war. I sometimes say with the way that battle took place it feels too big. I would have scaled a few things down to make it feel more personal (like maybe no dog fight between the fighter jets and not have the different factions fight for so long). It really was just another challenge fight with some other groups playing along. Killmonger was using the castle guards and the Border tribe to start shipping the weapons and the Dora are supposed to follow him everywhere he goes since he was king, especially for a royal mission.

It's Infinity War/Endgame that I think caused the problem, because those films just used those characters and multiplied them by 100 to get an army going. We've seen in concept art that they were visualising what the Wakandan army, even with heavy armoured soldiers and mecha********** but I think they didn't go through with it because they didn't have the time and resources to start creating new character designs (and maybe they wanted Coogler to actually handle that first). Those may have had massive budgets but they still had to use them effectively and I can assume that the Russos and Feige didn't think it was necessary to make up new designs and instead use the ones from the film already.

I don't think we've seen their military yet. At least the way it was meant to be realised by Coogler. Even if we have and that's how he sees it, I do hope now that the story has taken Wakandan into being exposed, they start to beef up their national defence.

I mean to be fair, the final battle of the film wasn't an all-out civil war. I sometimes say with the way that battle took place it feels too big. I would have scaled a few things down to make it feel more personal (like maybe no dog fight between the fighter jets and not have the different factions fight for so long). It really was just another challenge fight with some other groups playing along. Killmonger was using the castle guards and the Border tribe to start shipping the weapons and the Dora are supposed to follow him everywhere he goes since he was king, especially for a royal mission.

It's Infinity War/Endgame that I think caused the problem, because those films just used those characters and multiplied them by 100 to get an army going. We've seen in concept art that they were visualising what the Wakandan army, even with heavy armoured soldiers and mecha********** but I think they didn't go through with it because they didn't have the time and resources to start creating new character designs (and maybe they wanted Coogler to actually handle that first). Those may have had massive budgets but they still had to use them effectively and I can assume that the Russos and Feige didn't think it was necessary to make up new designs and instead use the ones from the film already.

I don't think we've seen their military yet. At least the way it was meant to be realised by Coogler. Even if we have and that's how he sees it, I do hope now that the story has taken Wakandan into being exposed, they start to beef up their national defence.
    I know what I want to see:

Yeah I agree. We didn't even scratch the surface of Wakandas army I believe. In the Solo there's no reason to have a full blown army attacking itself in a civil war, on top of that, at that point in the movie, everyone assumed T'Challa was dead and they were in the process of sending out supplies for the war dogs, not preparing for a ground assault, or the jabari, or even for the DM to turn. As for IW/ EG well that's a matter of time and resource and the fact that Wakanda wasn't the focus.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Ken Lashley Panther: His panther looks powerful and extremely dangerous.

I want Ken Lashley do a long run on this book. He’s one of the nicest people I’ve ever met at a con.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com