Page 187 of 750 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    At the same time though... it is a shared universe comic book movie.

Which means a few general rules:

- Can't step on other heroes toes. Which is why the Avengers weren't decked out in Iron Man Armors despite Tony having 100 of them. Wakandan's will simply not be decked out in skin suit vibranium outfits because that is T'challa's thing.

- Running towards the enemy and having H2H fights is entertaining. Using Tony again, his suits have long range capability with tons of weapons... and all three of his boss fights ended in hand to hand close quarters fisticuffs.

- No matter what, no matter how good the contingency is, no matter how good the tech is... it will be bypassed, it will be broken, because that is what the plot demands. T'challa sitting back getting a massage while bad guys blow up against the shield isn't gonna make a billion dollars lol. There is going to be some sort of plot induced stupidity to make whatever is safe unsafe so the hero has to solve the problem.
    Honestly that point really bugs me to some extent. Sure it's fun sometimes to see fisticuffs thrown, but it's gotta be within reason. The Wakandan invasion in IW is the perfect example. Big shield tanks and wreck's skyscraper sized shuttle flying in from out of orbit.

Rabid fodder is throwing itself to it's own death to get through through shield, while this is happening rhodey and Wakandan fighters are raining death to the ones that they it. The Wakandan army and Avengers are at a safe distance with long range tank busting spears and handheld shields incase they get to close. Oh no the horde of overwhelming numbers is starting to flank the shield, open a choke point to let them through then strategically cut off choke point every so often to allow the fodder that's been let through (Which are mindless killing machines devoid of thought) to be killed by rhodey, border tribe, and Wakandan fighters at a safe distance to keep up your advantage for as long as possible (as that was your one and only advantage you had against them) before charging in.

It was literally set up to have Thor save the day which whatever, but it could of highlighted Wakanda strategy in holding them off despite the odds

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

To Ezyo's point, the Battle of Wakanda would have fared a lot better if the story of Infinity War and Endgame were actually stretched out to be about twice as long instead. Instead of 2 movies we get 4, and one of said movies would focus on Captain America's side of things, which would mean a whole lot more of Wakanda.

This is what the Lord of the Rings movies did and why their battle scenes are iconic (especially Helm's Deep). It's practically a short film of it's own. That's what Wakanda deserved in my opinion. That way they wouldn't have rushed the fight and written it in a way that it had to be as entertaining as quickly as possible.

Incredible Member

Sooooooo Grace Randolph is stating that her sources over at Marvel are claiming that Namor will be the villain for Black Panther 2. She prefaced this in a previous video she released earlier today when outlining the topics she was going to talk about which pertained to Shang Chi, Black Panther 2 and a Star wars film.....as for me, I'm not buying any news as fact until official announcements are made

https://youtu.be/HlfAc1J857E

Wakanda The Jump Off...

As sure as Thanos Snappening took place on Wakandan soil expect other franchises to piggyback off that especially considering Marvel/Disney has to make up for that $71 Billion Dollar FOX purchase and the loss of revenue from this recent box office worldwide lockdown quarantine!

Last time we checked the X-men (Dark Phoenix) franchise lost money and flopped and Hugh Jackman retired his claws!

Downey Jr and Chris Evans have moved on and that 1.3 Billion Dollar T'chadwick Black Panther movie will have to be ground zero going forward!

The more characters that show up in Wakanda the better the Disney shareholders will feel...

Besides... Having Namor as an enemy to Wakanda keeps the Aquaman comparisons to a minimal at least and guarantees Black Panther MCU ongoing for the foreseeable future!

Think like a shareholder in the here and now and everything begins to make sense...
    Get Hectic!

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Sooooooo Grace Randolph is stating that her sources over at Marvel are claiming that Namor will be the villain for Black Panther 2. She prefaced this in a previous video she released earlier today when outlining the topics she was going to talk about which pertained to Shang Chi, Black Panther 2 and a Star wars film.....as for me, I'm not buying any news as fact until official announcements are made

I started watching the Grace Randolph video, but when she started by saying that Black Panther 2 is ripping off Aquaman, that really made me mad. What's wrong with Grace?! She talks as if she's never read a Black Panther comic! T'Challa and Namor have been at each other's throats since they 1st meet in the Defenders. Hell, go read Strum Und Drang to see another time Wakanda & Atlantis went to war.

I swear, if Black Panther the movie had come out after Aquaman, Randolph would have said Coogler copied Aquaman. But because it was the other way around, she says it was a coincidence. What's wrong with Grace Randolph?!

She gives a lot of good info about comics and the entertainment business, but any time those subject intersect with race and politics she says something stupid.

So far...

we've seen a geo-political BP solo(Priest)

we've seen an urban street hero BP solo(Liss)

we've seen a straight up superhero BP solo(Hudlin)

we've seen a novella BP solo(McGregor)

and we've seen a Third World, can't do isht right BP solo(Coates).

Isn't it about time we get a sci-fi BP solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So far...

we've seen a geo-political BP solo(Priest)

we've seen an urban street hero BP solo(Liss)

we've seen a straight up superhero BP solo(Hudlin)

we've seen a novella BP solo(McGregor)

and we've seen a Third World, can't do isht right BP solo(Coates).

Isn't it about time we get a sci-fi BP solo?
    I'm watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes remake. Its sci-fi political. It should be boring, but they make it work. Tchalla would fit in with the main character commanders from a planning operations standpoint.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Say what...

Bp wins. Easy win for BP.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post

Shouldn't be listening to Grace Randolph

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    To Ezyo's point, the Battle of Wakanda would have fared a lot better if the story of Infinity War and Endgame were actually stretched out to be about twice as long instead. Instead of 2 movies we get 4, and one of said movies would focus on Captain America's side of things, which would mean a whole lot more of Wakanda.

This is what the Lord of the Rings movies did and why their battle scenes are iconic (especially Helm's Deep). It's practically a short film of it's own. That's what Wakanda deserved in my opinion. That way they wouldn't have rushed the fight and written it in a way that it had to be as entertaining as quickly as possible.
    it had to be entertaining, quick, and give pretty much every hero there one "main" thing to do before flashing to the next hero.

Wakanda, as a whole, was like the 28th most importing thing on the list to accomplish lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

That would of made a huge difference frankly I would of preferred that over Wakanda needing save due to stupid tactics. I hate when movies manufacture stakes when. Logically they would be much smarter about it. They had a disadvantage on numbers, were caught off guard by the invading Force then willingly have up the advantages they did have so we could have a medieval style fight they was obvious they would loose

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    it had to be entertaining, quick, and give pretty much every hero there one "main" thing to do before flashing to the next hero.

Wakanda, as a whole, was like the 28th most importing thing on the list to accomplish lol
    Which is understandable because Marvel had no idea that BP would blow up like he did. It's just a shame that we couldn't see Wakanda in a more powerful manner. Yes they had to have Thor doing his thing but I would of rather Wakanda and T'Challa make such a stupid choice to set themselves up for failure

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Which is understandable because Marvel had no idea that BP would blow up like he did. It's just a shame that we couldn't see Wakanda in a more powerful manner. Yes they had to have Thor doing his thing but I would of rather Wakanda and T'Challa make such a stupid choice to set themselves up for failure
    i wouldn't really care about wakandan redshirts if T'challa's "hero moment" was more then 3 second cgi add on while Okoye got a full on fight with a main boss.

and yes, I realize T'challa's moment was more doing kingly and General **** and yes the running with steve head on was cool but I'm a greedy as T'challa stan I WANT MOAR lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I agree with Grace. That puts an unneccesary pressure on Coogler to reinvent Atlantis. Marvel didnt give Coogler the time and resources for a Vibraninum mine fight are they going to do it for Atlantis??

Apparently Coogler wanted to do Kraven, but cant because of Sony.. Yes I know thats an old rumor, but I take it she's saying he tried to get him again.