Page 206 of 750 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306706 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, not all starter villains are the stuff of legend.

Plus, before Panther became a star, Klaw seemed to be the only villain anyone used when a hero dropped by Wakanda. Way overdone
    I have noticed that too. I wonder if writers were afraid of using more black villains cause they didn't want to offset some kind of quota. Plus the white villains almost always seemed to be mid to low-key racist. I'm sure there has to so many other motivations to go up against Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I have noticed that too. I wonder if writers were afraid of using more black villains cause they didn't want to offset some kind of quota. Plus the white villains almost always seemed to be mid to low-key racist. I'm sure there has to so many other motivations to go up against Black Panther.
    Well times changed after black panther got his own series like we have man-ape and killmonger as well as many other villains who are from wankanda

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I think Klaw is used more because frankly Klaw is potentially a legitimate threat. On a good day when he's not being jobbed out, he can hold his own against the FF or Avengers single handedly.

The bulk of T'Challas rogues quite frankly are underpowered. I think an upgrade potentially would make several of them more usable.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Klaw is used more because frankly Klaw is potentially a legitimate threat. On a good day when he's not being jobbed out, he can hold his own against the FF or Avengers single handedly.

The bulk of T'Challas rogues quite frankly are underpowered. I think an upgrade potentially would make several of them more usable.
    I am surprised killmonger wasn't used as an avengers villain. Besides Klaw is more of general marvel villain now. He had been used as a lacky for other villains too like for the masters of evil and the frightful four.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    I am surprised killmonger wasn't used as an avengers villain. Besides Klaw is more of general marvel villain now.
    In a way, that was a good thing. It protected him from being misued like Killmonger and M'Baku frequently were.

Killmongers big thing is that T'Challa has never straight up beat him (at least in a manner that BP writers count). But if T'Challa failed to beat him, while Captain America or Spider-Man or whoever else started wracking up wins against him, it would almost indirectly make T'Challa look bad. Heck, Shuri technically beat Killmonger the first time they met ... a lesser sister probably would rub that in now and then.

That said, I DO think Killmonger should and will be used more. And I think he'll be protected. He was very well received in the BP movie, so I think marvel knows they have something.

Mighty Member

In a way, that was a good thing. It protected him from being misued like Killmonger and M'Baku frequently were.

Killmongers big thing is that T'Challa has never straight up beat him (at least in a manner that BP writers count). But if T'Challa failed to beat him, while Captain America or Spider-Man or whoever else started wracking up wins against him, it would almost indirectly make T'Challa look bad. Heck, Shuri technically beat Killmonger the first time they met ... a lesser sister probably would rub that in now and then.

That said, I DO think Killmonger should and will be used more. And I think he'll be protected. He was very well received in the BP movie, so I think marvel knows they have something.
    Yeah thanks to the movie killmonger has appeared in more adaptions and Klaw being a general marvel universe villain was probably for the best as klaw has teamed up with other villains. Like I don't think Klaw qualifies as the arch-enemy anymore now like killmonger and M'baku seems to be this these days.

Yeah, not all starter villains are the stuff of legend.

Plus, before Panther became a star, Klaw seemed to be the only villain anyone used when a hero dropped by Wakanda. Way overdone
    Plus T'Challa has plenty of villains that have potential (abd would work great in today's climate) that simply need an update.

The Supremacists, Solomon prey, king cadaver, Baron macrebe, 6 million year man, Achebe, death tiger, and nothing wrong with creating new villain's

Yeah thanks to the movie killmonger has appeared in more adaptions and Klaw being a general marvel universe villain was probably for the best as klaw has teamed up with other villains. Like I don't think Klaw qualifies as the arch-enemy anymore now like killmonger and M'baku seems to be this these days.
    The fact that Klaw murdered Tchallas father will always place him in the arch enemy category to SOME degree. Its the nost personal conflict Tchalla has ever had, and likely ever will have.

That said at this point Klaw has fought the Avengers and FF more times than Tchalla in all likelihood. So he definately graduated from being JUST a BP rogue.

Mighty Member

The fact that Klaw murdered Tchallas father will always place him in the arch enemy category to SOME degree. Its the nost personal conflict Tchalla has ever had, and likely ever will have.

That said at this point Klaw has fought the Avengers and FF more times than Tchalla in all likelihood. So he definately graduated from being JUST a BP rogue.
    yeah killmonger and m'baku also qualify as arch-enemy too.

Ultimate Member

Well times changed after black panther got his own series like we have man-ape and killmonger as well as many other villains who are from wankanda
    I may be wrong, but I don't think Man-Ape clashed with Panther in-between his intro and Priest. He was always a rent a thug.

Mighty Member

I may be wrong, but I don't think Man-Ape clashed with Panther in-between his intro and Priest. He was always a rent a thug.
    Right I think both Killmonger and Klaw are Panther's most personal enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Plus T'Challa has plenty of villains that have potential (abd would work great in today's climate) that simply need an update.

The Supremacists, Solomon prey, king cadaver, Baron macrebe, 6 million year man, Achebe, death tiger, and nothing wrong with creating new villain's
    You got my attention! Who, or what is the 6 million year man? Btw don't forget the guy that I feel is right for a proper remake and would be a good, highly relevant villain. Moses Magnum!

Incredible Member

The world is not ready for powerful black comic book characters

https://youtu.be/Itkz5IZE9FU

Mighty Member

when i think about it klaw still seems like a minor villain in the grand scheme of things.

when i think about it klaw still seems like a minor villain in the grand scheme of things.
    Unfortunately that's somewhat true for a a lot of BP's more known rogues. Because he didn't have his own book for a long time, his better known known rogues (Klaw and MBaku) were often just used as background hired muscle when a story needed it. And that can really water a character down. Klaw early on came off as a beast... but his latest appearance in Coates book was probably the first time in years the guys managed to appear in a book without being KOed in under 4 panels. I believe his previous 2 appearances were him being one shot KOed by Spider Woman in Secret Empire and Gold Balls in X-Men. Which is sort of unfortunate since on paper he is actually a very powerful character.

But as BP's stock as a character rises, I think his rogues will be elevated too. Or at least that's my hope.