Page 209 of 750 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309709 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Then he came back in the later issues and had a symbiote update
    The story where Shuri faces off against Killmonger was set in the past. It was the first time T'Challa and Killmonger fought. I don't believe Shuri and Killmonger interacted at all since then.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In the least, it gives Killmonger a power upgrade... which IMO was sorely needed.

And of course, it brings him back to life. That in and of itself is needed as well. I'm surprised it took so long quite frankly.
    Yeah Erik was killed by Monica back in 2008 and then an alternative version of him of sorts appears and fuses him with after reviving him thanks to the symbiote emperor killmonger was wearing

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    What do you mean neither epic collections?
    What Black Panther stories do you recommend then?
    This is your Black Panther bible. After your finsished you can take your vows. Lol. These are complete collections, collecting at least 18 issues each.

Last edited by Cville; 04-27-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Mighty Member

In the least, it gives Killmonger a power upgrade... which IMO was sorely needed.

And of course, it brings him back to life. That in and of itself is needed as well. I'm surprised it took so long quite frankly.
    Question: If Killmonger can beat T'Challa without the power increase, why do you feel he needs an power upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Question: If Killmonger can beat T'Challa without the power increase, why do you feel he needs an power upgrade?
    Because on paper he shouldn't be able to beat T'Challa. The current vibranium suit really should make it tough for Killmonger to hang with T'Challa in a straight up fight. And T'Challa should all around have better resources and gear.

The weird thing about Killmonger is on paper at least, he should be the underdog... but hes the underdog that has actually managed to be more sucessful against T'Challa than 99% of the other comic book villains are with their super hero nemesis. Most villians pretty much always lose. Killmonger often manages to actually win. And that's what sort of makes him unique. But as T'Challa overtime has had his share of upgrades, I think it was necessarily for Killmonger to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    This is your Black Panther bible. After your finsished you can take your vows. Lol. These are complete collections, collecting at least 18 issues
    Ah, those two Priest were the one I read. It doesn't get better than this?
    It was really good, was looking for stuff after this really!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

The Hudlin run is what comes after with the Shuri Black Panther title and correct me if I am wrong but Black Panther does not have a solo title after that until Coates.

Black Panther shows up in Hickman's FF and New Avengers in between Hudlin and Coates

Priest has a third. And Hudlin has another two. Than David Liss is probably in TPB. That's all I can recommend spending money on.

Mighty Member

Because on paper he shouldn't be able to beat T'Challa. The current vibranium suit really should make it tough for Killmonger to hang with T'Challa in a straight up fight. And T'Challa should all around have better resources and gear.

The weird thing about Killmonger is on paper at least, he should be the underdog... but hes the underdog that has actually managed to be more sucessful against T'Challa than 99% of the other comic book villains are with their super hero nemesis. Most villians pretty much always lose. Killmonger often manages to actually win. And that's what sort of makes him unique. But as T'Challa overtime has had his share of upgrades, I think it was necessarily for Killmonger to do the same.
    I mean he was in the military and cia

Ultimate Member

T'Challa had that suit when he faced Killmonger under Priest, and it wasn't a factor then.

Killmonger's a smart enough cookie to be prepared with an answer to the suit when it comes to battle. A lot of T'Challa's foes should be.

IMO, what he needs is better motivation. Blaming T'Challa for the actions of Klaw is the type of motivation we only see in comics. MCU Eric was compelling, because they tossed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Speaking of Killmonger, when's his son who swore vengeance on T'Challa for his father's death (even though Monica Rambeau was the one who killed him) going to take his shot at the King? He should be old enough by now to try, depending on how the sliding timescale works in Marvel, and the writer could easily model him after MCU Killmonger for synergy's sake --- without compromising the development of the original comics' Killmonger.
    Whether he is old enough now does not matter since the child was in company of other "sons and daughters" who were already adults.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    T'Challa had that suit when he faced Killmonger under Priest, and it wasn't a factor then.

Killmonger's a smart enough cookie to be prepared with an answer to the suit when it comes to battle. A lot of T'Challa's foes should be.

IMO, what he needs is better motivation. Blaming T'Challa for the actions of Klaw is the type of motivation we only see in comics. MCU Eric was compelling, because they tossed that.
    I mean the rest of the wanda punished him for his father's sins so it's not unreasonable.

Astonishing Member

Killmonger should want more in life than to kill T'Challa and take the throne. I wasn't crazy about it when I first read it a few years back but I think Hudlin had the right idea with giving N'Jadaka his own nation (even if it didn't last long). Erik is the way he is because he has severe abandonment issues and is looking to destroy an outside world that he feels is fundamentally corrupt. Instead of than turning all that rage towards one man it'd be great character development for him to admit all he really wants is a home to call own, Wakanda be damned.

As Coates hinted at in his run, Niganda was abandoned by their northern neighbor when the Wakandans took Alkama Fields and let them fall prey to outsiders. I feel he'd identify with that and want to fashion himself as their hero, which should be his new status quo. He wouldn't even need to run the day to day administration, he could be like Silver Sable and take merc jobs that help him fund projects while he lets his girlfriend Madame Slayy deal with the economics. And if you gave him his son (who I think should be biologically his) you can explore a new aspect of him as a villain with his own family.

Killmonger has massive potential as a villain for BP and all types of espionage-based heroes like Cap or Daredevil. The issue is that he lacks compelling motivation and characterization because writers default to the "I want nothing but the throne" **** which is boring.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    I mean the rest of the wanda punished him for his father's sins so it's not unreasonable.
    Did they? He managed to amass enough influence to threaten T'Challa politically, so ain't like he had it too bad

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

His answer to the suit was to have his own suit... which is fine, except T'Challas suit should be better. He's smarter and has more resources. I can buy a guy like Doom being able to keep up (or even at times top) T'Challa in terms of gear and tech, but Killmonger in theory should be at good couple steps behind. He's smart and has some resources, but not to the same degree.

It's why I think he needs some sort of power upgrade. Matching T'CHalla with gear and tech in theory should be a losing proposition unless it's completely one sided.

As for motivation... I think Rise and the Killmonger mini somewhat took care of that. It's something they definately tried to address to keep up with the movie version.