Page 210 of 750 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310710 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 11243
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Did they? He managed to amass enough influence to threaten T'Challa politically, so ain't like he had it too bad
    well his dad was killed by t'challs forces during the attack so he does have some personal beef with the royal family. I mean erik wants to kill both t'challa and klaw.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    His answer to the suit was to have his own suit... which is fine, except T'Challas suit should be better. He's smarter and has more resources. I can buy a guy like Doom being able to keep up (or even at times top) T'Challa in terms of gear and tech, but Killmonger in theory should be at good couple steps behind. He's smart and has some resources, but not to the same degree.

It's why I think he needs some sort of power upgrade. Matching T'CHalla with gear and tech in theory should be a losing proposition unless it's completely one sided.

As for motivation... I think Rise and the Killmonger mini somewhat took care of that. It's something they definately tried to address to keep up with the movie version.
    I mean killmonger beats t'challa so what? He was connected to the ressurection alter so he wasn't normal either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    well his dad was killed by t'challs forces during the attack so he does have some personal beef with the royal family. I mean erik wants to kill both t'challa and klaw.
    I can't keep up, what's his current motivation?

In his intro and under Priest, it was because Klaw kidnapped him as a boy and left him behind in America, so Erik did the typical thing and blamed the hero for his misfortune (and unwillingness to contact the state department?)

Mighty Member

In his intro and under Priest, it was because Klaw kidnapped him as a boy and left him behind in America, so Erik did the typical thing and blamed the hero for his misfortune (and unwillingness to contact the state department?)
    he wants to take over wankanda and kill both black panther and klaw. You see hs dad actually teamed up with klaw and tried to take over wankanda. Because his dad was killed during the attack erik was forced into hiding and moved to the united states where he wants revenge against wakanda for killing his dad and klaw for getting his dad killed. He also wants to usurp the throne from T'challa.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Whether he is old enough now does not matter since the child was in company of other "sons and daughters" who were already adults.

Thanks. Wonder if they'll ever come back.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Killmonger should want more in life than to kill T'Challa and take the throne. I wasn't crazy about it when I first read it a few years back but I think Hudlin had the right idea with giving N'Jadaka his own nation (even if it didn't last long). Erik is the way he is because he has severe abandonment issues and is looking to destroy an outside world that he feels is fundamentally corrupt. Instead of than turning all that rage towards one man it'd be great character development for him to admit all he really wants is a home to call own, Wakanda be damned.

As Coates hinted at in his run, Niganda was abandoned by their northern neighbor when the Wakandans took Alkama Fields and let them fall prey to outsiders. I feel he'd identify with that and want to fashion himself as their hero, which should be his new status quo. He wouldn't even need to run the day to day administration, he could be like Silver Sable and take merc jobs that help him fund projects while he lets his girlfriend Madame Slayy deal with the economics. And if you gave him his son (who I think should be biologically his) you can explore a new aspect of him as a villain with his own family.

Killmonger has massive potential as a villain for BP and all types of espionage-based heroes like Cap or Daredevil. The issue is that he lacks compelling motivation and characterization because writers default to the "I want nothing but the throne" **** which is boring.
    Yeah I like this. Frankly having a villain family like that Could be pretty cool and an interesting angle. Definitely more motivation to move forward with. I do think he needs to have an upgrade that's not a damn symbiote though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah I like this. Frankly having a villain family like that Could be pretty cool and an interesting angle. Definitely more motivation to move forward with. I do think he needs to have an upgrade that's not a damn symbiote though
    Yea Killmonger hasn’t had a normal family since he was like 7. It’d be cool to see him with a wife and kid who are all in on the “family business”. Then have him boss around some of the Death Regiments, maybe give them a Phantom Troupe style dynamic and you got a much more interesting character to work with. He shouldn’t need the Wakandan throne to be the change he wants to see in the world, if anything his goal should be to show T’Challa that the throne means nothing.

That symbiote was just a bad idea. He should’ve got an upgrade that pulled on elements unique to the BP mythos. All these gods and vibranium mutations and the best they could do was steal an idea from another franchise lol.

Mighty Member

Yea Killmonger hasn’t had a normal family since he was like 7. It’d be cool to see him with a wife and kid who are all in on the “family business”. Then have him boss around some of the Death Regiments, maybe give them a Phantom Troupe style dynamic and you got a much more interesting character to work with. He shouldn’t need the Wakandan throne to be the change he wants to see in the world, if anything his goal should be to show T’Challa that the throne means nothing.

That symbiote was just a bad idea. He should’ve got an upgrade that pulled on elements unique to the BP mythos. All these gods and vibranium mutations and the best they could do was steal an idea from another franchise lol.
    Yeah with his recent appearances he
    Will make more comic appearances I mean he was last seen in 2008 and is now making more appearances like his son was in a issue but he hasn’t been seen

Mighty Member

Why do you hold your text dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks. Wonder if they'll ever come back.
    There's less need for them to come back now that Killmonger himself has returned. Swearing revenge against the person who killed his father (even though technically that was obviously Monica rather than T'Challa) sort of loses something once the person you're swearing vengeance force stops being dead. BUt I suppose it's a potential supporting cast for Killmonger if someone wants to bother using them. THey're basically a blank slate... which is both good and bad.

You could always do a “Grim Hunt” type of story with them like what happened with Kraven. Have Killmonger task them with capturing T’Challa to prove themselves to him. Sure most of them will fail, but that’s rather the point isn’t it? No need for any weaklings in the Killmonger Family.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I don't believe it has changed. The movie version is slightly different because, in that, T'Chaka kills his dad while N'Jadaka is in exile (but N'Jadaka never lived in Wakanda). Klaw is still involved, but the details are changed.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Plus it just gives more development and more rouges for T'Challa to deal with, and shows that killmonger can also grow as a character while still being an arch enemy of T'Challa and be a threat to Wakanda.

Well see if you noticed that's just oar for the course for Coates. All types of unique and rich untapped mythos to dig into an he rips from other franchises, from characters to symbiotes to mkraan crystals.. dude didn't care to use the mythos for anything other than analogues for slave trade, Columbus, and damn near every stereotype people make about Africa and Black people

Plus it just gives more development and more rouges for T'Challa to deal with, and shows that killmonger can also grow as a character while still being an arch enemy of T'Challa and be a threat to Wakanda.

Well see if you noticed that's just oar for the course for Coates. All types of unique and rich untapped mythos to dig into an he rips from other franchises, from characters to symbiotes to mkraan crystals.. dude didn't care to use the mythos for anything other than analogues for slave trade, Columbus, and damn near every stereotype people make about Africa and Black people
    Hudlin sort of did the same thing when he used the lion cult to summon Morlun instead of the actual lion god. I think this sort of thing can happen when you have comic book writers who grew up being Spider-Man fans. You tend to borrow stuff more.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hudlin sort of did the same thing when he used the lion cult to summon Morlun instead of the actual lion god. I think this sort of thing can happen when you have comic book writers who grew up being Spider-Man fans. You tend to borrow stuff more.
    Hudlin didn't do it half as much as Coates and frankly, did it better.

Morlun coming after Panther because of the Totem stuff made sense for Morlun's character, and added drama bcause T'Challa was in a bad way.

Coates is grabbing other franchise stuff left and right, in Panther and Captain America (which doesn't need an immortal vampire witch), often with little regard to logical or fluid story telling.

Coates is just your modern Claremont