Page 211 of 750 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311711 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Hudlin didn't do it half as much as Coates and frankly, did it better.

Morlun coming after Panther because of the Totem stuff made sense for Morlun's character, and added drama bcause T'Challa was in a bad way.

Coates is grabbing other franchise stuff left and right, in Panther and Captain America (which doesn't need an immortal vampire witch), often with little regard to logical or fluid story telling.

Coates is just your modern Claremont
    I agree it made sense from the perspective of the characters motivations at the time.

But that said, if you're going to tell a story where an uber bad guy is going to kill off like 80% of your male supporting cast, IMO you should probably have used the lion god instead. There's just more pay off to that. YOu have this character from another franchise you drastically alters your characters status quo, but is basically never seen or heard from ever again.

And with later retcons to Morlun being more Spider-Man specific, it's less likely NOW that he'll show up again than at the time.

I loved the idea of Morlun being used in general... but I don't think having the lion cult summon him made sense. And I probably wouldn't have had the character play such a big role given he was basically never going to be used again.

But hindsight is always 20/20. Overall I did love that story arc... I think it's one of the most underrated BP stories.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah I like this. Frankly having a villain family like that Could be pretty cool and an interesting angle. Definitely more motivation to move forward with. I do think he needs to have an upgrade that's not a damn symbiote though
    IMO Killmonger, the former Avenger, should be able to go toe to toe with FF, X Men, Iron Man etc as a credible threat. But the development of the character to such a level should be done wisely. For example a story run could be that Killmonger steals components for a device (on panel) from various teams/superheroes with T'Challa investigating the crimes. This could be done in crossover issues with the BP book and the books of the other superheroes. That way a broad range of readers can appreciate the type of skills that Killmonger possesses.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hudlin sort of did the same thing when he used the lion cult to summon Morlun instead of the actual lion god. I think this sort of thing can happen when you have comic book writers who grew up being Spider-Man fans. You tend to borrow stuff more.
    Not even the same thing my dude

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    IMO Killmonger, the former Avenger, should be able to go toe to toe with FF, X Men, Iron Man etc as a credible threat. But the development of the character to such a level should be done wisely. For example a story run could be that Killmonger steals components for a device (on panel) from various teams/superheroes with T'Challa investigating the crimes. This could be done in crossover issues with the BP book and the books of the other superheroes. That way a broad range of readers can appreciate the type of skills that Killmonger possesses.
    this could of been established in the killmonger story or atleast part of it. Instead of it being an asspat for kingpin and bullseye

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Not even the same thing my dude
    We an agree to disagee on Morlun then.

I think the idea is very valid in theory... but in execution I think it was somewhat odd that the lion cult would summon Morlun instead of the Lion God (unless Hudlin was trying to retcon Morlun into being the lion god). And I think having a non BP villain wreck that much damage was somewhat of a waste, since you can't milk it to the same degree you could if a BP villian murdered that many members of T'Challa's *******ing cast. Course, ideally they shouldn't have been killed at all... but if you're going to do it at LEAST be able to build up other BP characters in the process.

Though again, these are nit picks... overall I thought it was a very cool story. So I get why people can give the minor stuff a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    If they want to tell a BIG Killmonger story, they could just sort of do what they did in the BP movie. Have him defeat T'Challa to gain control of Wakanda, and have Wakanda go to war with the rest of the world. Having control of the most advanced nation on the planet does make him an event level threat to the greater MU.

Last time he had control of Wakanda in the comics, you could argue it was kinda disappointing. He really didn't do anything with it. The poisoned herb thing was a nice fail safe from that sort of thing happening... but it would have been interesting to see what he really could have done with Wakanda if given the chance.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If they want to tell a BIG Killmonger story, they could just sort of do what they did in the BP movie. Have him defeat T'Challa to gain control of Wakanda, and have Wakanda go to war with the rest of the world. Having control of the most advanced nation on the planet does make him an event level threat to the greater MU.

Last time he had control of Wakanda in the comics, you could argue it was kinda disappointing. He really didn't do anything with it. The poisoned herb thing was a nice fail safe from that sort of thing happening... but it would have been interesting to see what he really could have done with Wakanda if given the chance.
    Technically, the Heart-Shaped Herb wasn't poisoned. It was just incompatible with Killmonger's biochemistry.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, the Heart-Shaped Herb wasn't poisoned. It was just incompatible with Killmonger's biochemistry.
    However you want to describe it, the point being there is a very clever safety net against Wakanda falling into the wrong hands. It definately makes that open challenge for the rulership a bit more sensible, at least from the Royal Families perspective. It's very "Game of Thrones." Course, that only works once... Killmonger at least wouldn't fall for that twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You could always do a “Grim Hunt” type of story with them like what happened with Kraven. Have Killmonger task them with capturing T’Challa to prove themselves to him. Sure most of them will fail, but that’s rather the point isn’t it? No need for any weaklings in the Killmonger Family.
    I like that idea. Maybe, a la Grim Hunt, they're sent to capture/kill not only T'Challa, but also Shuri and everyone else in or connected to the Wakandan royal family.

However you want to describe it, the point being there is a very clever safety net against Wakanda falling into the wrong hands. It definately makes that open challenge for the rulership a bit more sensible, at least from the Royal Families perspective. It's very "Game of Thrones." Course, that only works once... Killmonger at least wouldn't fall for that twice.
    He did make a synthetic version of the Heart-Shaped Herb that conferred much of the same abilities, which he "helpfully" bestowed upon Kevin "Kasper" Cole when Cole was impersonating the Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    He did make a synthetic version of the Heart-Shaped Herb that conferred much of the same abilities, which he "helpfully" bestowed upon Kevin "Kasper" Cole when Cole was impersonating the Black Panther.
    Funny thing is that I wonder if the synthetic version isn't better than the original. In some ways at least.

T'Challa and Shuri lost their powers when they weren't sitting on the throne anymore (though T'CHalal regains them later as King of the Dead). But someone with the synthetic version seems to be able to keep their powers indefinately.

Funny thing is that I wonder if the synthetic version isn't better than the original. In some ways at least.

T'Challa and Shuri lost their powers when they weren't sitting on the throne anymore (though T'CHalal regains them later as King of the Dead). But someone with the synthetic version seems to be able to keep their powers indefinately.
    I think the downside is a normal person becomes overwhelmed by the extra senses. Kasper would puke from being in the sewers

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think the downside is a normal person becomes overwhelmed by the extra senses. Kasper would puke from being in the sewers
    That's true. Sensory overload is a hell of a thing.

Mighty Member

First Killmonger would need be used by other writers to wreck havoc on other heroes. He could defeat such heroes as Daredevil, Moon Knight, Deadpool, Cap, ect. That would not be considered a stretch if he is skilled enough to defeat T'Challa. If that happened more, then other writers would use him in the large event crossovers. He would need that exposure beyond the Panther title. I have often wanted to see some traditional hero villains, such as Killmonger and Davos (Steel Serpent), used in other titles to take on heroes throughout the Marvel Universe.

I prefer Killmonger dead with those kids forming a terrorist network to harass Wakandan foreign interests. And Cannon, Kenya, and Asania(sp) being their chief operating locations.