Page 212 of 750 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312712 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 11243
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I prefer Killmonger dead with those kids forming a terrorist network to harass Wakandan foreign interests. And Cannon, Kenya, and Asania(sp) being their chief operating locations.
    Too bad killmonger is back thanks to mcu and those kids are pretty much forgotten besides killmonger made 89 appearances so far in the comics so he kinda needs more. Plus those kids would probably be jobbers anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Too bad killmonger is back thanks to mcu and those kids are pretty much forgotten besides killmonger made 89 appearances so far in the comics so he kinda needs more. Plus those kids would probably be jobbers anyway
    Any jobber can be a star with the right writer. We'll have to see if he stays alive too.

Mighty Member

Any jobber can be a star with the right writer. We'll have to see if he stays alive too.
    Wishful thinking dude said kids would revive him anyway
    Last edited by Toxin45; 04-28-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Mighty Member

Maybe said kids become good guys instead after panther beats them

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    First Killmonger would need be used by other writers to wreck havoc on other heroes. He could defeat such heroes as Daredevil, Moon Knight, Deadpool, Cap, ect. That would not be considered a stretch if he is skilled enough to defeat T'Challa. If that happened more, then other writers would use him in the large event crossovers. He would need that exposure beyond the Panther title. I have often wanted to see some traditional hero villains, such as Killmonger and Davos (Steel Serpent), used in other titles to take on heroes throughout the Marvel Universe.
    The thing is, you probably can't do that until T'Challa finally beats Killmonger.

Because of Killmonger shows up in Daredevil or Captain America or Spider-Man or whatever, even if he beats that hero he inevitably should also lose to that hero. 99% of the time the good guys in the end, but other heroes shouldn't be racking up wins against Killmonger until T'Challa gets his first.

But yeah... I can definately other books start using the character. The movie did a lot as far as raising his stock. I imagine now that he's resurrected he'll be used more once Coates story is done.

The fact that he's got a symbiote (assuming he keeps it... he might not) makes for an easy Spider-Man or Venom story.

Maybe said kids become good guys instead after panther beats them
    Some of them. There is enough to get the whole spectrum.

Wishful thinking dude said kids would revive him anyway
    It's better than the cycle of reviving him for one arc, killing him, than starting it again.

I prefer Killmonger dead with those kids forming a terrorist network to harass Wakandan foreign interests. And Cannon, Kenya, and Asania(sp) being their chief operating locations.
    Though I do think some sort of story should have been told with Killmongers kids, I ultimately think he's more valuable to the BP mythos alive than dead.

There's still stories you can tell from him. T'Challa still hasn't beaten him in a way which the BP mythos at least actualy counts. In the least that should happen before they even consider permanently killing him off. Even then, at this point at least I'm more interested in seeing Killmonger than his kid (or really any other BP rogue to be honest).

Mighty Member

Like the movie made killmonger more popular and he now makes more appearances in later adaptions and comics besides sometimes death is cheap in comics anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is, you probably can't do that until T'Challa finally beats Killmonger.

Because of Killmonger shows up in Daredevil or Captain America or Spider-Man or whatever, even if he beats that hero he inevitably should also lose to that hero. 99% of the time the good guys in the end, but other heroes shouldn't be racking up wins against Killmonger until T'Challa gets his first.

But yeah... I can definately other books start using the character. The movie did a lot as far as raising his stock. I imagine now that he's resurrected he'll be used more once Coates story is done.

The fact that he's got a symbiote (assuming he keeps it... he might not) makes for an easy Spider-Man or Venom story.
    Course you can, have Erik beating those heroes (as part of a crossover mini event) that eventually leads to T'Challa getting his clear cut undisputed victory over him

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Course you can, have Erik beating those heroes (as part of a crossover mini event) that eventually leads to T'Challa getting his clear cut undisputed victory over him
    In an event sure.

But the point the poster I was responding to was saying if he were used in other books, someone would be more likely to use him as the big bad in an event.

And it's true that greater usage in other books can raise his stock. But it also has the potential to rack up losses. It's a trade off.

In an event sure.

But the point the poster I was responding to was saying if he were used in other books, someone would be more likely to use him as the big bad in an event.

And it's true that greater usage in other books can raise his stock. But it also has the potential to rack up losses. It's a trade off.
    Hence why again, you don't let him lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Hence why again, you don't let him lose.
    The issue being if it's someone elses book, they might not be 100% keen on that.

If marvel wanted to push Taskmaster because he's in the Black Widow movie, and he showed up in the BP book and beat T'CHalla without T'Challa getting the win back, you can't tell me this board wouldn't blow up. The good guys should beat he bad guys at the end of their own stories. THe bad guy can win at the beginning and middle (and should more often quite frankly), but the good guys should triumph in the end.

There are of course exceptions... but 99% of the time, that's how it works and how it should work.

The issue being if it's someone elses book, they might not be 100% keen on that.

If marvel wanted to push Taskmaster because he's in the Black Widow movie, and he showed up in the BP book and beat T'CHalla without T'Challa getting the win back, you can't tell me this board wouldn't blow up. The good guys should beat he bad guys at the end of their own stories. THe bad guy can win at the beginning and middle (and should more often quite frankly), but the good guys should triumph in the end.

There are of course exceptions... but 99% of the time, that's how it works and how it should work.
    I mean Erik resonated with people in a way I doubt taskmaster will do, and I doubt Black widows movie is going to be a cultural movement so, I'm just saying if you want to up the profile of a villain like that then it makes sense to do so.

Astonishing Member

Killmonger won't rise in value until he's given good stories and feats within his home franchise. This is the same argument we've been having with Storm fans lol. It's nice to get good showings in other characters' books but at the end of the day it doesn't mean a thing if you're not being elevated by your own office. Killmonger hasn't been written well since he died in Hudlin's run, it makes no sense from Marvel's perspective to center a line-wide event around him whooping their most popular heroes when he hasn't been shown decently for over a decade.

The Thor books just tried that foolishness with that C-list elf and the sales were atrocious for an event of that size. What Killmonger needs is a long, complex arc(s) that involves him taking over a nation or institution while digging into his psychology and actually characterizing him. In the process they gotta give him competent underlings and let him kill other villains to set up a new status quo. Make him a character worth using in another book before expecting him to rough up Captain America (in his own book no less).

It'd probably be easier to import a hero into the Black Panther book for an arc and have them lose a fight to KM or establish some sort of rivalry that can be explored in their own title down the line. Another way to push Killmonger would be to just give him a mini like they did with that origin story. Have it take place in the modern day and show the guy and his allies doing high level mercenary work that shows why he's able to keep up with T'Challa. There are ways to elevate Erik without doing events or immediately throwing him in other franchises.