Page 22 of 750 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122522 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's not just selling online and trades, but whether or not you're selling well. How well to be exact. If you're making enough money online and with trades, it can make up for not selling as well at the comic shops. It's not an excuse, but rather business... money is money, whether its coming from sales or online or from comic shops.

Obviously we don't know those numbers... only marvel does. So they know books make the most sense to keep and which ones make the most sense to cut their loses in.
    trades depend on. What volumes are selling. If the only one selling decent is the first trade abd the rest are isht, its not enough to allow Coates to continue to isht on the mythos

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Agents was at 21,000ish last month. By the time we get to April if it hasn't stabalized, an event book in April would be the time to kill it. Considering the Avengers will be part of it, so most likely they'll be there too.

The only thread he has left is Gorillia Man working for Dracula. And if he paces it the same way he's doing 1 million B.C Avengers, people may have lost interest.
    Ok cool good points..

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Coates writing the book does not help for the sequel.

Well....until you actually know if the trades are selling good, at this point all we know is that fans in majority are not interested in what Coates is currently writing for Black Panther.
    If you dig around the net you actually can get some date for online and trade sales... but ultimately the only people that know the real numbers for anything is marvel. And honestly they're the only ones that NEED to know that information. It's not something we have to worry about. They'll make whatever business decisions they need to make which are best for them.

If/when Coates run ends we'll know either he or marvel or all of the above felt it's best to end things. Until then, presumably marvel is good.

Bad news/Good news. This is probably where Agents of Wakanda will meet its end. However, because Al Ewing is writing, we might get to see the Tiger God pokeball again.
    I hope they can keep this title afloat. If not, hopefully they'll make it to 12 issues so they can get 2 trades out of it.

Who said money...

Mickey "Money" Mouse is looking hard at those Black Panther comic book sales figures especially with the slow revenue for Rise of Skywalker and might start cleaning house soon!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Who said money...

Mickey "Money" Mouse is looking hard at those Black Panther comic book sales figures especially with the slow revenue for Rise of Skywalker and might start cleaning house soon!
    Honestly I doubt Disney actually cares about comic book sales. As long as marvel is making enough money to keep printing the books so they can keep generating IP's, they're probably not going to bother micro managing that aspect of the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I hope they can keep this title afloat. If not, hopefully they'll make it to 12 issues so they can get 2 trades out of it.
    l hope it doesn't get cancelled. Honestly we need some fun books for T'Challa to be in, and not the mope ass isht the solo is doing

Disney accountants might think otherwise...

https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-ma...es-drop-disney

You might not care about the overall water bill but if a flushed toilet handle stayed in the on position all night running up the costs it could start family arguments at some point!

ESPN a Disney subsidiary lost money and restructuring commenced cleaning house of all that political correctness real "Quik"

If it don't make dollars it don't make...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0UPhZk7mG0

Nobody... And I mean nobody in Hollywood pays you without a decent chance of a R.O.I. (Return On Investment)
    Get Hectic!

There are also factors like online sales and trade sales, which Coates books do fairly well at.
    Let's look at the numbers we DO have. For his latest trade that's been released:

#369 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #686 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Rankings for the one due next week:

#295 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #492 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

For the first trade that everyone lionizes

Paperback:
    #80 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #101 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Hardcover:
    #341 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #583 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Oh yeah, he's burning up the charts. That's why he's being kept on…

I think the data simply doesn't support the claim that he's selling THAT well in the bookstore market. And I seriously doubt he's being sold in schools... they are too interested in Dog Man and Raina Telgemeier.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Let's look at the numbers we DO have. For his latest trade that's been released:

#369 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #686 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Rankings for the one due next week:

#295 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #492 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

For the first trade that everyone lionizes

Paperback:
    #80 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #101 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Hardcover:
    #341 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #583 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Oh yeah, he's burning up the charts. That's why he's being kept on…

I think the data simply doesn't support the claim that he's selling THAT well in the bookstore market. And I seriously doubt he's being sold in schools... they are too interested in Dog Man and Raina Telgemeier.
    If he's not, marvel can remove him from the book. He's had a long enough run to where no one would have egg on their face if he left the book. So we'll see. If he wants to stick around and he does, then we know marvel is fine. If he doesn't, then either he or marvel or all of the above feel it's time for him to go.

So now, the bp solo is losing steam, Agents of Wakanda is might not last long, no cartoon/animated series announced, no video games and movie doesn't come out in the next 2 years which we know nothing about. He's appearing in some few other comics i.e Avengers but that's about it.

Guess there isn't anything on the horizon except to wait for the movie but will have to get through 6 movies and 7+ tv series before we get to bp2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    So now, the bp solo is losing steam, Agents of Wakanda is might not last long, no cartoon/animated series announced, no video games and movie doesn't come out in the next 2 years which we know nothing about. He's appearing in some few other comics i.e Avengers but that's about it.

Guess there isn't anything on the horizon except to wait for the movie but will have to get through 6 movies and 7+ tv series before we get to bp2.
    I'm a Marvel fan in general so it's easy sailing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

I think the fact that he's got a solo book in addition to having 2 team books still puts him in a pretty darn good positon. I think most fan bases short of the Spider-Man and Batman ones would be pretty envious of us right now.

I'm a Marvel fan in general so it's easy sailing for me.
    Likewise but you would still want your favourite character to be on the spotlight.
    At least with DC, they are capitalizing on Aquaman's success by developing an animated series for the character while fans of the character wait till 2022 for the second movie.

I think the fact that he's got a solo book in addition to having 2 team books still puts him in a pretty darn good position. I think most fan bases short of the Spider-Man and Batman ones would be pretty envious of us right now.
    True but is he really doing anything noteworthy in those books as of recent? Excluding maybe AOW but still.