Page 230 of 750 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330730 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 11243

Right use Doom or Namor... "It doesn't matter much" " your statement shows an irrational fear some people have over the usage of Doom and Namor" "People are just worrying about nothing... that's the freaking truth of the matter"

Tell me.. which heroes were using our of franchise heroes by their second movie, when they have a large enough gallery that they can still use? Why is it okay that BP can introduce these characters by the second movie or for "an epic feel" when none of those characters mean isht on the big screen? This is very much the case of a big fish in a little pond.

People wanting those two because they are bigger than BPs rogue's are strictly looking at comics and the MCU? Namor is a nobody to the moviegoers and Doom is a failed villain's apart of a failed FF universe.. nothing epic about them. This is strictly Strictly people wanting to insert x character on to ride BPs coattails. Of it were reversed those same people wouldn't be clamoring for TChalla to show up in a Doom or Namor movie.

BP fans don't like it because stupid stuff happens all the time which torpedoes movies due to agendas taking over. Like blade Trinity

Extraordinary Member

Achebe, Tetu, Zenzi, Queen Divine Justice can all be used in the sequel.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-18-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Right use Doom or Namor... "It doesn't matter much" " your statement shows an irrational fear some people have over the usage of Doom and Namor" "People are just worrying about nothing... that's the freaking truth of the matter"

Tell me.. which heroes were using our of franchise heroes by their second movie, when they have a large enough gallery that they can still use? Why is it okay that BP can introduce these characters by the second movie or for "an epic feel" when none of those characters mean isht on the big screen? This is very much the case of a big fish in a little pond.

People wanting those two because they are bigger than BPs rogue's are strictly looking at comics and the MCU? Namor is a nobody to the moviegoers and Doom is a failed villain's apart of a failed FF universe.. nothing epic about them. This is strictly Strictly people wanting to insert x character on to ride BPs coattails. Of it were reversed those same people wouldn't be clamoring for TChalla to show up in a Doom or Namor movie.

BP fans don't like it because stupid stuff happens all the time which torpedoes movies due to agendas taking over. Like blade Trinity
    Doom isn't a failure-he just needs to be with HIS franchise. Not being show horned into Black Panther.

Coolger gets Doom and folks with higher pay grades than his is NOT going to let him chump out Doom before Fantastic Four gets a hold of him. Doom gets you studio interference. Namor might too.

Like you said this is all about tossing as many folks on Black Panther's coat tails.

And if Doom or namor were dumped in that movie and it under performs-WONDER who would get blamed? Oh that's right it would be Panther's fault because Doom and namor are so much bigger than him in certain folks minds.

My theory, since I have no way to prove this...is that the same people chomping at the bit to have outside folks appear in BP, are the same ones who thought he was going to do Doctor Strange numbers. Nothing has changed as far as them suddenly liking him, they just want to use him to bring in characters they DO like. "If he's not going away might as well make him useful" basically.

Why not seed Doom or Namor in, say, Captain Marvel 2 or Doctor Strange 2? Heck Ant-Man 3 even? Nope, its the old trope of use the black person to make things cool then get rid of the black person. And "get rid of him" in this instance is make him invisible in his own movie(s).

BP's rogues gallery and supporting cast is big enough to sustain him for 2-3 movies. I doubt Coogler will return to direct after doing part 2, but I'm positive he'll be involved in the creative process in some way beyond part 2. So even if some folks want to make the argument BP's villains are "goofy" (they're not) he'll do wonders with them.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And if Doom or namor were dumped in that movie and it under performs-WONDER who would get blamed? Oh that's right it would be Panther's fault because Doom and namor are so much bigger than him in certain folks minds.

This is the fine print people that want Doom/Namor/anyone else in the movie don't want us to read, so to speak.

BP 2 with out of franchise players becomes a HIT = Yay we get more of those out of franchise players, which could theoretically mean less time (or space) for BP!
    BP 2 with out of franchise players bombs/make so so numbers = See putting them putting him in BP was a mistake, BP was a one hit wonder, they should have been put in their own movie/franchises, etc etc

Built-in scapegoat if the movie bombs.

Extraordinary Member

I have no problems per say with Bucky as a character.

But I remember the amount of people that thought Bucky would feature in all of the first film rather than just appear in the stinger. Like he would be the character with the 2nd amount of screen time. Mostly teens who never read the comics.

I just laughed.

I think you and a lot of other people quite frankly are WAAAY overthinking this. It's OKAY to introduce these characters if that's what Fiege and Coogler want. And if they don't, then they won't show up so it doesn't matter. Really that's the bottom line. They should use whatever characters they feel they need to tell the story they want.

Fans wanting or not wanting certain characters to appear is perfectly normal. But the point to remember is that it really doesn't matter either way. Coogler and Fiege will use the characters they feel they need to tell the story they want, whether it's Doom or Namor or whatever, and it'll be just fine. More than fine, it'll probably be good. Fiege and Coogler have a good enough track record to where we can give them the benefit of the doubt and not worry about it one way or the other.

And for the record... I'd be 100% down with T'Challa showing up in a Doom or Namor movie (not that I would hold my breath waiting for a Doom movie... Namor is a maybe). I was a fan of their mini Illuminti group Priest established and would love to see it on the big screen.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-18-2020 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Doom isn't a failure-he just needs to be with HIS franchise. Not being show horned into Black Panther.

Coolger gets Doom and folks with higher pay grades than his is NOT going to let him chump out Doom before Fantastic Four gets a hold of him. Doom gets you studio interference. Namor might too.

Like you said this is all about tossing as many folks on Black Panther's coat tails.

My guess (and it's just a guess) is that Doom won't show up in any one franchise. I think they'll use him across the board to tell a bigger story. I think he's more a Thanos than say a Hela.

But yes, I do suspect Doom would come with greater studio interference IF my assumption is true. If they are building him up as an Avenger level threat, he probably will be protected until the larger story is told. All just speculation though.

Overthinking things.. right because Black characters have never been sidelined in their own movies/shows in favor of other characters getting thrown in due to dumb agenda's.. just Overthinking.. of course if they want to use them they will show up on the movies, we as fans have no say in the matter and if Marvel wants to use them they can. But it's a matter of whether they should. BP was a hit.. so why would start introducing out of franchise characters to play a big role in the movie when him and his world still have a ton of exploration and development? And he has his own villain's that are available to be explored and can become iconic. For the MCU kilmonger is one of the best villain's to appear. He is better known to the average person then Doom or Namor. Same thing can happen to other rogues. Before BP quest, Zanda was a joke. Now she is one of the best villain's to rise up in the franchise. And Redjack version should make it to the big screen. Achebe and Zanda both should show up. They take precedence over any out of franchise characters

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I have no problems per say with Bucky as a character.

But I remember the amount of people that thought Bucky would feature in all of the first film rather than just appear in the stinger. Like he would be the character with the 2nd amount of screen time. Mostly teens who never read the comics.

I just laughed.
    Bucky would rally Steve and the Avengers to save Wakanda!

lololololololololol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bucky would rally Steve and the Avengers to save Wakanda!

lololololololololol

Jeeez I remember this. Clowns were running around all over social media about how T'Challa would end up needing Bucky's help and Bucky SHOULD save the day. Thank God for Coogler because he won't ever let that sort of crap fly. At this point, I don't care who the villain is, I just know and have faith Coogler will kill it but yeah, we don't need these supposed "bigger characters" jumping on BP's bandwagon. Let their respective properties earn their own clout.

Overthinking things.. right because Black characters have never been sidelined in their own movies/shows in favor of other characters getting thrown in due to dumb agenda's.. just Overthinking.. of course if they want to use them they will show up on the movies, we as fans have no say in the matter and if Marvel wants to use them they can. But it's a matter of whether they should. BP was a hit.. so why would start introducing out of franchise characters to play a big role in the movie when him and his world still have a ton of exploration and development? And he has his own villain's that are available to be explored and can become iconic. For the MCU kilmonger is one of the best villain's to appear. He is better known to the average person then Doom or Namor. Same thing can happen to other rogues. Before BP quest, Zanda was a joke. Now she is one of the best villain's to rise up in the franchise. And Redjack version should make it to the big screen. Achebe and Zanda both should show up. They take precedence over any out of franchise characters
    As far as what characters they SHOULD use, they should use the characters they want to use that fit the story they want to tell. Its really that simple.

If Coogler WANTS to tell a Zanda movie GREAT ... but if he has a Namor or Doom or whoever, then that's what he should do. It shouldn't be about who you or I want ... it should be about Coogler and Fiege. It's not like haven't earned the benefit of the doubt here.

If it's up to Coogler as you claim... then why are you lobbying so hard to justify including characters who are BEST known in the franchise for destroying Wakanda?

I've heard a lot of people clamoring for retreads of DoomWar and AvX. But not ONE person talking about FF #52. Or Kiber Island. Or the bloody Supremacists.

Do people think Coogler is so creatively bankrupt that the only stories he can retell are the ones where Wakanda gets trashed?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    As far as what characters they SHOULD use, they should use the characters they want to use that fit the story they want to tell. Its really that simple.

If Coogler WANTS to tell a Zanda movie GREAT ... but if he has a Namor or Doom or whoever, then that's what he should do. It shouldn't be about who you or I want ... it should be about Coogler and Fiege. It's not like haven't earned the benefit of the doubt here.
    It SHOULD be about the character and developing their world, their supporting cast their villains and elevating said character to new heights, not trying to appease to fanboys who want to use another characters franchise to cater to their favorites who aren't apart of it when it makes zero sense

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    If it's up to Coogler as you claim... then why are you lobbying so hard to justify including characters who are BEST known in the franchise for destroying Wakanda?

I've heard a lot of people clamoring for retreads of DoomWar and AvX. But not ONE person talking about FF #52. Or Kiber Island. Or the bloody Supremacists.

Do people think Coogler is so creatively bankrupt that the only stories he can retell are the ones where Wakanda gets trashed?

Because it's not about TChalla, it's never been about him to some people. It's about using his world as a spring board for their agenda because he's hot. Again if the roles were reversed, none of them would be clamoring for TChalla to show up on those movies. They would be clamoring for the best (or their favorite) stories to be adapted for those characters