Page 232 of 750 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332732 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 11243
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Doom and Namor are nothing to movie goers. People who read comics and really know who Doom or Namor are is small. You and others who read comics want Doom or Namor in BP 2 because you people are not really Black panther fans. You really want other characters to take over Black panthers film now because Black panther is much bigger now. It would be nice if people would tell the truth.
    Most movie fans didn't know anything about BP until the movie came out. And don't forget......Doom is very well known to guys like the Russo Brothers and that's what counts. The most likely thing to happen is for Doom to make appearances in several films like they did with Thanos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I would be down with Kasper, or maybe they can throw in taku. Dudes been stranded in the techno jungle for 20 years
    Taku would be cool too and it'd be great if we got to see the Techn-Jungle. I remember seeing the concept art for it and was hyped that Coogler had it on his mind lol. I wanna see that almost as much I want to see more of the Golden City. If they could throw in a trip to Serpent Valley too that'd be amazing too.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Phoenix Force possession being as murky and poorly defined as it is doesn't mean it completely absolves a character of the acts they committed. It brings out the worst in people and while it certainly deserves part of the blame for what Jean or Namor did, a piece of them (however small) wanted to do it or had no desire to stop it. Marvel's refusal to permanently define them by those actions doesn't exactly change the fact they did them and in Namor's case feels no regret. As you said, Namor's committed atrocious acts against civilians in the past and in most cases doesn't feel he's done anything wrong.

That being the case, he doesn't need to be a villain post-Secret Wars in an editorial sense for individual characters like T'Challa to perceive him that way and treat him as such, imo. He can get praised in one book but still be a wary entity to Black Panther. It's a shared universe and controversial figures like Namor won't ever gain the benefit of the doubt in everyone's mind.

But considering how their rivalry played out in a team book, justifiable revenge for Black Panther had to be avoided in order to serve the greater needs of the plot. I maintain that Namor could've died when T'Challa and Black Bolt jumped him and that the beef could've ended there. They'd worked together enough to develop respect for one another and with his death for the cheap shot he took in AvX they could put their problems to rest even if he came back after Secret Wars. I don't think it disregards T'Challa's restraint and heroism up until that point and I don't think if Namor had stayed dead there would've been much outcry. Hickman obviously chose another direction by pairing them up during Secret Wars and I accept that (and still like the event overall), but I think it was a massive missed opportunity for things not to come full circle.
    Considering the fact that Wakanda does destroy Atlantis in retaliation for Namors actions, I think it's fair to say marvel doesn't completely absolve Namor for what happened. He paid a price for what happened, though clearly some feel a higher price should have been paid. Which is fine.

As far as having T'Challa kill Namor rather than show T'CHalla and Namor put aside their differences in order to work together... I won't deny that T'Challa killing him wouldn't have been a valid story choice. But I do believe having them choose to put aside their differences to work together does a better job of making a point in the story. This was story filled with heroes not acting like heroes and being at each others throats. I think having T'Challa and Namor put their differences aside and actually work together despite everything that has happened sort of helped the moral of the story better. They could have used Steve and Tony instead of T'Challa and Namor in that capacity, but Hickman apparently decided to have them kill each other to end his Avengers run instead. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Most movie fans didn't know anything about BP until the movie came out. And don't forget......Doom is very well known to guys like the Russo Brothers and that's what counts. The most likely thing to happen is for Doom to make appearances in several films like they did with Thanos.
    The point being made is that the comic people aren't the majority. Doom and Namor aren't big and comic fans need to stop acting like them showing up in the movies is some type of game changer. It's not. At this point people will see Namor as a Aquaman copy cat and Doom as the guy who was apart of the failed FF movies until Marvel fixes them.. however, it's not TChallas job to fix them

Taku would be cool too and it'd be great if we got to see the Techn-Jungle. I remember seeing the concept art for it and was hyped that Coogler had it on his mind lol. I wanna see that almost as much I want to see more of the Golden City. If they could throw in a trip to Serpent Valley too that'd be amazing too.
    Personally I too want to see the techno jungle as well. And better yet, I would want it to be something of TChallas creation. Where he goes to be within his thoughts as I think it's one of his coolest inventions

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Tbh if Marvel had to add another supporting cast member to the Black Panther films I'd rather it be a male like Vibraxas or Kasper. W'Kabi is likely to play a lesser role going forward (baring some kind of redemption arc where he sacrifices himself) and M'Baku doesn't seem like he'll be leaving the Jabari mountains too often. I think it'd be nice for T'Challa to have a brother in arms at his side when he's active in Wakanda or overseas. Kasper especially expands on the themes of the first film as a black dude in America who's also a cop.
    Oh, definitely. I'd love to see Kasper in the second (or a future) Black Panther movie, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I think Taku's role is somewhat overlapped with Shuri at this point. She seems to play that role for T'Challa in the movie.

That said, T'Challa having a few more male supporting cast members probably wouldn't hurt. My first thought was actually some sort of MCU version of Eden. Maybe T'Challa can get his own sorceer who can open up those teleporting circles like in Dr. Strange. They definately came in End Game. And it's a potential love interest for Shuri too I guess.

But Kasper is probably the easiest choice.

I want a Tchalla that dwarfs the appearance of both Namor and Doom in the same movie.

I'm tired of seeing watered down Tchalla appear in more and more media. The only media ive seen move to correct this is Panthers Quest by Red Jack. Tchalla is the third greatest mind on marvel earth. You may not agree but its been proven by Hickman and others. In addition to that fact, he is in full command of his nation. A few uprisings sure...but full command. He is the most dangerous man in Marvel earth. He should not tussel with Hawkeye.

Have both Doom and Namor Lose and be outwitted by Tchalla. No more watered down Tchalla in the MCU
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-18-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I want a Tchalla that dwarfs the appearance of both Namor and Doom in the same movie.

I'm tired of seeing watered down Tchalla appear in more and more media. The only media ive seen move to correct this is Panthers Quest by Red Jack. Tchalla is the third greatest mind on marvel earth. You may not agree but its been proven by Hickman and others. In addition to that fact, he is in full command of his nation. A few uprisings sure...but full command. He is the most dangerous man in Marvel earth. He should not tussel with Hawkeye.

Have both Doom and Namor Lose and be outwitted by Tchalla. No more watered down Tchalla in the MCU
    I think part of the appeal of characters like Doom or Namor is that they can actually give T'Challa a run for his money. Most of BP's rogues frankly shouldn't last 5 minutes against T'Challa and Wakanda on paper. Killmonger was only a threat because he happened to have royal blood... if not for that, he and his small group of thugs be no threat to Wakanda at all.

If Coogler decides to use BP rogues (and that's a pretty fair assumption), they will likely need a pretty massive upgrade. Or the entire conflict will simply have to be away from Wakanda where T'Challa doesn't have his full resources. It's an interesting challenge because you have a character who at least potentially has an army at his finger tips anytime he needs it.

Since they never featured Killmonger's mother on screen or by name perhaps she is Queen Divine Justice!

If Prince N'jobobobobobo was radicalized his wifey should be exactly that so why not rearrange QDJ as they did Okoye and Nakia for the MCU!

Angela Davis with a chip on her shoulder who is probably still waiting for one of those vibranium shipments her newly crowned but short lived king son was sending her!

Killmonger came to Wakanda with a diabolical agenda formed when he found "Panther claws in his daddy's chest" so at some point his mother's radicalization had to take center stage as his only outlet for all that rage growing up!

According to some sources the plan Prince N'bobobobbobobo had before his brother King T'chaka showed up unannounced was to free his African American wife from jail!

By law Killmonger's mother also lost her husband to King T'chaka who she had to hear about laying bled out on the floor of their apartment as opposed to rescuing her and possibly fleeing to Wakanda since he is a prince!

Queen Divine Justice should be someone that nobody can control or reason with knowing that T'challa stabbed her son to death so the beef is real and still on!

Get Hectic!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The point being made is that the comic people aren't the majority. Doom and Namor aren't big and comic fans need to stop acting like them showing up in the movies is some type of game changer. It's not. At this point people will see Namor as a Aquaman copy cat and Doom as the guy who was apart of the failed FF movies until Marvel fixes them.. however, it's not TChallas job to fix them
    Agreed, T'Challa should not be a part of Doom's debut in films. I doubt very much if Doom will be in the next BP movie nor do I want him to be in it anyway. His ties to BP aren't that strong anway.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Agreed, T'Challa should not be a part of Doom's debut in films. I doubt very much if Doom will be in the next BP movie nor do I want him to be in it anyway. His ties to BP aren't that strong anway.
    I think it's very possible he'll be in BP... but I don't necessrily believe it would be his debut or he would be the main villain. I think they'll just want to plant a lot of Doom seeds in preparation for some larger story.

I'm sort of hoping he debuts in Dr. Strange. Not necessarily as the main villain... but throwing him in there somewhere. Similar to Thanos.

Incredible Member

Dr Doom is a pretty well known name

Ultimate Member

I'd rather Panther walk the tightrope between real world symbolism and comic stuff. Dr. Doom and Namor don't do that, and would lack emotional punch as neither have been introduced.

Enemy of the State, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    People lobby hard to see characters they like... that's just the nature of the medium. People are discussing them in a BP movie in this thread because it's a BP thread. If it were a Spider-Man thread, I'll wager people would be lobby to see characters they like showing up in the next Spider-Man movie.
    Tell you what. Find me ONE post in the appropriate Appreciation thread that suggests Namor or Doom should show up in the next Spider-man film. Or GOTG3. Or Love & Thunder. Or Shang-Chi. Or Eternals.

Just one.