Page 233 of 750 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333733 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Tell you what. Find me ONE post in the appropriate Appreciation thread that suggests Namor or Doom should show up in the next Spider-man film. Or GOTG3. Or Love & Thunder. Or Shang-Chi. Or Eternals.

Just one.
    I couldn't find the post, but I've seen discussion on-line about Namor showing up in Eternals. Eternals is a possible place to show Atlantis before it sinks into the ocean in the past.

And I think there's SOMEWHAT of a consensus that Doom can actually show up in multiple movies to sort of build himself up as a larger threat. You can see multiple people speculating that on this very thread going back a couple pages.

But outside that no... I doubt there are too many people in a Spider-Man or a GotG or a Shang-Chi thread speculating that Doom or Namor would show up. He would be sort of a weird fit. Doctor Strange is a possibility though. Either could work... but Doom in particular since he's a sorcerer. Given that Strange comes first that could easily be the first place Doom shows up.

I think the more interesting thing isn't necessarily that people are necessarily wanting Doom or Namor to show up in other movies... but rather that I don't think they necessarily would be against it. If Doom did show up in Dr. Strange, I'm doubtful Dr. Strange fans would care or start fearing he would hijack the franchise. Maybe I'm wrong in that assumption, but I think it wouldn't be a big deal either way. Because it shouldn't be. Namor showing up in Shang Chi I think would be weird... but I don't think Shang Chi fans would necessarily jump to the conclusion that Shang is being replced by Namor. For whatever reason there's just this fear with a BP portion of the fan base with these characters that I don't think exists anywhere else. But maybe that's just me.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-19-2020 at 07:04 AM.

I don't want Doom or Namor in the BP films. I would prefer BP-based rogues/villains like Achebe, Zanda, or even Tetu & Zenzi.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

You can make QDJ work a few tweaks in my opinion. Age her up so she's not a teenager but a young woman like Shuri. Make her a bit more serious and less quipy. You can make her a neighbourhood activist or something that get involved in the plot. If we take the plot of say, The Client, she could be one of those that were involved in the outreach programs and could be protesting the death of a missing child. Something like that.

I don't know about making her Wakandan though. Could be repetitive, but also could be used as a way to tie to the first film narratively if she's a Wakandan brought in earlier instead of being left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    You can make QDJ work a few tweaks in my opinion. Age her up so she's not a teenager but a young woman like Shuri. Make her a bit more serious and less quipy. You can make her a neighbourhood activist or something that get involved in the plot. If we take the plot of say, The Client, she could be one of those that were involved in the outreach programs and could be protesting the death of a missing child. Something like that.

I don't know about making her Wakandan though. Could be repetitive, but also could be used as a way to tie to the first film narratively if she's a Wakandan brought in earlier instead of being left behind.
    Given how drastically different characters like Nakia are, I don't think changing QDJ to fit whatever role is needed in the movie is an issue at all. They can turn her into anything from a social worker in Oakland to a SHIELD agent and just slap QDJ name on her. Like Nakia... it's Nakia in name only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Dr Doom is a pretty well known name
    to comic fans? Sure. To regular movie goer's? If they recognize him then it's probably attached to the ff movies which again, he is mediocre, and that's putting it nicely

hell they could do a reverse kilmonger, she isn't Wakandan at all, went through hardships, is an activists etc. And TChalla decides to make her a Wakandan citizen,

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Most movie fans didn't know anything about BP until the movie came out. And don't forget......Doom is very well known to guys like the Russo Brothers and that's what counts. The most likely thing to happen is for Doom to make appearances in several films like they did with Thanos.
    Movies don't care about Doom. The MCU can make movie goers like Doom or Doom can fail, but don't use Black panther to push him just because Black panther is huge now. Doom and Namor has nothing to do with Black panther. If Black panther movie failed you people would not be asking for Doom or Namor to push Black panther.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The point being made is that the comic people aren't the majority. Doom and Namor aren't big and comic fans need to stop acting like them showing up in the movies is some type of game changer. It's not. At this point people will see Namor as a Aquaman copy cat and Doom as the guy who was apart of the failed FF movies until Marvel fixes them.. however, it's not TChallas job to fix them
    Sadly they are just acting like they don't understand. They want Doom or Namor pushed hard by Black panthers film like what happened to Blade in the third film. Sadly that film was took over by Ryan reynolds. Same people wanted the same thing to happen with Bucky in BP 1. Ryan coogler didn't fail us. Hopefully he makes us proud again.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Sadly they are just acting like they don't understand. They want Doom or Namor pushed hard by Black panthers film like what happened to Blade in the third film. Sadly that film was took over by Ryan reynolds. Same people wanted the same thing to happen with Bucky in BP 1. Ryan coogler didn't fail us. Hopefully he makes us proud again.
    Don't blame Ryan Reynolds for Blade sucking. It did that naturally

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Movies don't care about Doom. The MCU can make movie goers like Doom or Doom can fail, but don't use Black panther to push him just because Black panther is huge now. Doom and Namor has nothing to do with Black panther. If Black panther movie failed you people would not be asking for Doom or Namor to push Black panther.
    It's weird that this arguement is being made with Black Panther, since Black Panther himself was pushed in a Captain America movie. And it was done without making Captain America look bad in the slightest. The moral of the story here being Fiege and marvel know what they are doing. If the MCU hypothetically decides to debut Namor or whoever else in a BP movie, it won't be the end of the world just like it wasn't when Black Panther debut in Captain America. They can make it work. Coogler and Fiege I think both deserve the benefit of the doubt here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's weird that this arguement is being made with Black Panther, since Black Panther himself was pushed in a Captain America movie. And it was done without making Captain America look bad in the slightest. The moral of the story here being Fiege and marvel know what they are doing. If the MCU hypothetically decides to debut Namor or whoever else in a BP movie, it won't be the end of the world just like it wasn't when Black Panther debut in Captain America. They can make it work. Coogler and Fiege I think both deserve the benefit of the doubt here.
    Agreed. Especially give that we really have no f**king clu what will actually be in the next Panther movie itself, besides T'Challa

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Don't blame Ryan Reynolds for Blade sucking. It did that naturally
    NOBODY is blaming him.

Blade 3 was plotted out to expand the franchise with him and Mary from 7th heaven in another set of films.

it is NOT Black Panther's job to build up anyone who is NOT named Shuri or Wakandan.

Keep Doom and namor out-because if Panther opens a can on either one-all that opens is the flood gators of hate.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    But that was Captain America's third movie and fifth overall appearance (excluding his cameo in Thor 2). Plus, the film was adapting Civil War which by default kinda makes it an Avengers movie almost. But even then, it's still different from what people are asking.

It's like demanding that after Iron Man 1 was a hit, Iron Man 2 should have used Doctor Doom as the film main villain, even though Tony Stark has his own rogues gallery. Nobody really asked for that, even though Doom and Tony have interacted before (granted this was before FOX was acquired by Disney). It's like demanding Captain America 2 or Doctor Strange 2 be used to introduce Atlantis and make Namor the main villain, disregarding whatever previous films have set up and the fact that their own villains.

T'Challa wasn't the main villain in Civil War. He was completely a side character. The main focus other than Steve was Tony, and that's because it was a Civil War adaptation. I can guarantee you that if Civil War was instead using T'Challa as the main antagonist and just to introduce Wakanda, Cap fans would have been pissed. Hell, there are a number of them who wished the film was another Cap story instead of Civil War.

It would be different if these people were just asking for a cameo, reference or appearance in a post movie stinger. They're instead asking for a whole movie to cater to them, which isn't right, and I don't think it's the kind of story Coogler wants to even tell. I don't see how anyone has watched the first film and thought "War with Atlantis/Latveria next!" The man has...less shallow ambitions.

But that was Captain America's third movie and fifth overall appearance (excluding his cameo in Thor 2). Plus, the film was adapting Civil War which by default kinda makes it an Avengers movie almost. But even then, it's still different from what people are asking.

It's like demanding that after Iron Man 1 was a hit, Iron Man 2 should have used Doctor Doom as the film main villain, even though Tony Stark has his own rogues gallery. Nobody really asked for that, even though Doom and Tony have interacted before (granted this was before FOX was acquired by Disney). It's like demanding Captain America 2 or Doctor Strange 2 be used to introduce Atlantis and make Namor the main villain, disregarding whatever previous films have set up and the fact that their own villains.

T'Challa wasn't the main villain in Civil War. He was completely a side character. The main focus other than Steve was Tony, and that's because it was a Civil War adaptation. I can guarantee you that if Civil War was instead using T'Challa as the main antagonist and just to introduce Wakanda, Cap fans would have been pissed. Hell, there are a number of them who wished the film was another Cap story instead of Civil War.

It would be different if these people were just asking for a cameo, reference or appearance in a post movie stinger. They're instead asking for a whole movie to cater to them, which isn't right, and I don't think it's the kind of story Coogler wants to even tell. I don't see how anyone has watched the first film and thought "War with Atlantis/Latveria next!" The man has...less shallow ambitions.
    I don't think it's the kind of story Coogler wants to tell either ... that's why I'm not worried about it.

Yeah TChalla did very little in CW, it was enough to give a taste but hardly game changing or taking over like these other people are calling for.