Page 234 of 750 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334734 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 11243

Going back and watching Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes.

It's fun to watch T'Challa do his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    They're instead asking for a whole movie to cater to them, which isn't right, and I don't think it's the kind of story Coogler wants to even tell. I don't see how anyone has watched the first film and thought "War with Atlantis/Latveria next!" The man has...less shallow ambitions.
    You mean you don't want to spend half of Black Panther 2 explaining Atlantis/Latveria and giving Namor/Doom an origin story??????
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You mean you don't want to spend half of Black Panther 2 explaining Atlantis/Latveria and giving Namor/Doom an origin story??????
    Civil War did a descent job if giving Wakanda and Tchalla bullet points without taking away from the movie. Hell, they even did Spiderman. In hindsight they managed to pack a lot on the movie without bogging it down.

So it's possible. Certainly though it's a potential issue if Coogler decides to dig too deep. It's a balancing act.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Civil War did a descent job if giving Wakanda and Tchalla bullet points without taking away from the movie. Hell, they even did Spiderman. In hindsight they managed to pack a lot on the movie without bogging it down.

So it's possible. Certainly though it's a potential issue if Coogler decides to dig too deep. It's a balancing act.
    I mean, they barely touched on Wakanda at all it was more a kinda origin ish story. Coogler actually puts a lot of thought and care into characters so there would have to be a good amount of time sunk into it. Again BP 2 should be about, and brace for this because it's kinda a shock, about TChalla, and his world..

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean, they barely touched on Wakanda at all it was more a kinda origin ish story. Coogler actually puts a lot of thought and care into characters so there would have to be a good amount of time sunk into it. Again BP 2 should be about, and brace for this because it's kinda a shock, about TChalla, and his world..
    And really that's the key... in Civil War they didn't need to dig too deep into Wakanda and Black Panther. Or Spider-Man for that matter. They just gave enough to have a funcional story with them in it. Captain America Civil War was still a Captain America movie... including BP and Spidey didn't make it their movie. And any attempt to add new characters will have to do that.

And IF Coogler decides to incorporate Namor or Doom, that's really all he needs to do. He doesn't have to get into every single detail of their lives story... just give the audience enough to understand the characters to the degree they need to operate in his story. It CAN be done... it just needs a writer and director good enough to actually juggle that. If Coogler decides to go that route, I'm confident he can. Though we'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And really that's the key... in Civil War they didn't need to dig too deep into Wakanda and Black Panther. Or Spider-Man for that matter. They just gave enough to have a funcional story with them in it. Captain America Civil War was still a Captain America movie... including BP and Spidey didn't make it their movie. And any attempt to add new characters will have to do that.

And IF Coogler decides to incorporate Namor or Doom, that's really all he needs to do. He doesn't have to get into every single detail of their lives story... just give the audience enough to understand the characters to the degree they need to operate in his story. It CAN be done... it just needs a writer and director good enough to actually juggle that. If Coogler decides to go that route, I'm confident he can. Though we'll have to wait and see I suppose.
    CW was a large ensemble movie. They didn't have time to spend on TChalla or Peter. Very different from if Namor or Doom were supposed to be the antagonist of the movie

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    CW was a large ensemble movie. They didn't have time to spend on TChalla or Peter. Very different from if Namor or Doom were supposed to be the antagonist of the movie
    We'll get as much backstory as we need, I'm sure. Killmonger was fleshed out pretty well in the first BP movie. If Coogler wants to go all in the way he did with Killmonger, I'm sure he can pull it off without being detrimental to the movie. Though it's entirely possibly he wont' give them a role which requres that much screen time. Too early to tell. The point being I'll assume Coogler can make it work regardless of how much or how little these characters are in the movie, if they're even in the movie at all.

I did the math...

(Well actually someone else did)

And it all boils down to villainy screen time...

Erik Killmonger got 22 minutes worth before getting stabbed at Wakanda's main subway station on 151st street and King Drive near the Popeyes Chicken drive thur...

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-cinematic...screen-time/2/

How much Doom or Namor would get in BP 2 could be negligible at best perhaps a simple "hello guys I'm here" at a UN summit to talk shop with King T'challa!

As long as Squirrel Girl gets her screen time I'm good!
    Get Hectic!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

#ReleasetheCooglerCut

I want the other 1hr 45 mins that were cut out Feige! Put it on Disney+!

Default No Black Panther in the August Solicits

No Agents of Wakanda (or the two other Marvel books I've been following) either.

Whelp, they're probably digital finale and cancelled then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    No Agents of Wakanda (or the two other Marvel books I've been following) either.
    I believe issue 8 is the last and I think it comes out this month. After that I think the AoW star in a 2-issue Empyre mini.

Issue 8 is out on July 8th. That Empyre mini hasn't been resolicited, and is presumably now digital. I wonder if writer Jim Zub knows?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder when things get back up and running when they will announce the new writer

Incredible Member

I want Moses Magnum and Achebe..