Page 235 of 750 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335735 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I wonder when things get back up and running when they will announce the new writer
    I hope that there isn't a delay. Covid-19 has stuff so jacked up right now that the next BP solo might not come out right away.

Dear Disney,

Still waiting on my heart shaped herb cereal!

Thanks
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I hope that there isn't a delay. Covid-19 has stuff so jacked up right now that the next BP solo might not come out right away.
    I imagine they are in budget trimming mode

maybe this means they hire a comic writer and not some literary person with a name and another day job

think positive? lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I imagine they are in budget trimming mode

maybe this means they hire a comic writer and not some literary person with a name and another day job

think positive? lol
    Unlikely. Coates can afford to do Panther for free, simply for his own fun, whereas another writer could not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Unlikely. Coates can afford to do Panther for free, simply for his own fun, whereas another writer could not.
    No way coates worked for free.

no way anyone works for free
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    No way coates worked for free.

no way anyone works for free
    Yeah, but he can work for far less than your average writer, if he wants to.

Based on how skimpy his scripts are, I think he's working less than the average writer, too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Based on how skimpy his scripts are, I think he's working less than the average writer, too.
    More than likely.

Just to be clear, I don't like the guy. But if Marvel wants to save money, he'd be an effective choice in that regard. Isn't he supposed to leave soon?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Hehehe, bars my friend, bars!

I mean, you could say that about anything. Anyone "known" could decide to work for less then someone else. But they won't do that. I doubt Coates was undercutting other writers to steal BP away. I just hope they pick an actual comic writer so that there os stability and consistency

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean, you could say that about anything. Anyone "known" could decide to work for less then someone else. But they won't do that. I doubt Coates was undercutting other writers to steal BP away. I just hope they pick an actual comic writer so that there os stability and consistency
    Coates has published best selling books, does speeches and appears on CNN, IIRC. The vast majority of writers can't say that.

And I'm not saying that he did undercut other writers, just that he can. Hell, I imagine that Hudlin took a pay cut to write Panther too.

More than likely.

Just to be clear, I don't like the guy. But if Marvel wants to save money, he'd be an effective choice in that regard. Isn't he supposed to leave soon?
    He's already gone from BP. Just the final three issues need to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He's already gone from BP. Just the final three issues need to be released.
    Don’t know why Marvel doesn’t just release them digitally, his BP was one of the worst selling books anyway. Put them out and let’s move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Don’t know why Marvel doesn’t just release them digitally, his BP was one of the worst selling books anyway. Put them out and let’s move on.
    Some of them are most likely already printed and as much as I dont like it, I wouldn't rob someone of having the full collection if they've been doing it.

Ultimate Member

More than likely.

He's not. Him being a bigger name outside of comics makes that contract bargining a little more tougher. You are not getting him for cheap.

Same with Jason Reynolds, Nic Stone, Raina Telgemeier and especially Noelle Stevenson.

They don't need comics. Stevenson made her mark with Lumberjanes.

If you are trying to be cheap-it would be someone already working at Marvel or Disney.

Something tells me they want a NAME. A black name and that would lead to one person- John Ridley since he's doing nothing for DC now. Both his projected got axed. DC universe through POC eyes and Luke Fox-Batman.

Oscar winner John Ridley is the new writer of Black Panther.