Page 236 of 750 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336736 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 11243
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    He's not. Him being a bigger name outside of comics makes that contract bargining a little more tougher. You are not getting him for cheap.

Same with Jason Reynolds, Nic Stone, Raina Telgemeier and especially Noelle Stevenson.

They don't need comics. Stevenson made her mark with Lumberjanes.

If you are trying to be cheap-it would be someone already working at Marvel or Disney.

Something tells me they want a NAME. A black name and that would lead to one person- John Ridley since he's doing nothing for DC now. Both his projected got axed. DC universe through POC eyes and Luke Fox-Batman.

Oscar winner John Ridley is the new writer of Black Panther.
    John Ridley sounds familiar. I remember someone with that name writing superhero deconstruction (more recently described as "capepunk") novels titled Those Who Walk in Darkness and What Fire Cannot Burn.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

He's not. Him being a bigger name outside of comics makes that contract bargining a little more tougher. You are not getting him for cheap.

Same with Jason Reynolds, Nic Stone, Raina Telgemeier and especially Noelle Stevenson.

They don't need comics. Stevenson made her mark with Lumberjanes.

If you are trying to be cheap-it would be someone already working at Marvel or Disney.

Something tells me they want a NAME. A black name and that would lead to one person- John Ridley since he's doing nothing for DC now. Both his projected got axed. DC universe through POC eyes and Luke Fox-Batman.

Oscar winner John Ridley is the new writer of Black Panther.
    If they ain't coming in to elevate TChalla and set on continuing down the path Coates is on, I don't want it. It's really frustrating that Marvel isn't getting Redjack for it

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hehehe, bars my friend, bars!
    Thank you?

<- Old white guy, not current on modern slang.

That would be my guess. I'm thinking Zub, so they can fold in the Agents of Wakanda without fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    That would be my guess. I'm thinking Zub, so they can fold in the Agents of Wakanda without fuss.
    I'd have no problem with Zub writing it if they aren't going to put Redjack on the next solo.

Zub may be okay. It's hard to say since AoW has been kinda hit or miss. It's a fun title but it doesn't seem to have any direction, it's mission statement hasn't even followed since the start however.

But he would be better then any sort of intellectual or literary writer like what's been so insufferably plaguing the mythos for 4 years now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    John Ridley sounds familiar. I remember someone with that name writing superhero deconstruction (more recently described as "capepunk") novels titled Those Who Walk in Darkness and What Fire Cannot Burn.
    He did the American Way book and The American Way: Those Above and Those Below for Vertigo.

He did American Way back in 2006 and before he won that Oscar for 12 Years a Slave.

The series is an alternate history retelling of the 1960s and 1970s, featuring a team of government-sponsored heroes named the Civil Defense Corps. Much of the series revolves around the introduction of an African American superhero to the team and the responses of the team, government, and public.

It was optioned for a movie in 2018.

He also wrote Ben Hur, 3 Kings, U Turn, Undercover Brother, Red Tails & Jimi (Jimi Hendrix movie).

He's a Milestone Alum-wrote for Static Shock along with Justice League, Fresh Prince, American Crime, Martin, 3rd Watch, Platinum & Barber Shop the Series.

If they ain't coming in to elevate TChalla and set on continuing down the path Coates is on, I don't want it.
    If you look at his body of work-it buries Coates.

You don't get to work with A list folks by trashing stuff.

Ultimate Member

He did the American Way book and The American Way: Those Above and Those Below for Vertigo.

He did American Way back in 2006 and before he won that Oscar for 12 Years a Slave.

The series is an alternate history retelling of the 1960s and 1970s, featuring a team of government-sponsored heroes named the Civil Defense Corps. Much of the series revolves around the introduction of an African American superhero to the team and the responses of the team, government, and public.

He also wrote Ben Hur, 3 Kings, U Turn, Undercover Brother, Red Tails & Jimi (Jimi Hendrix movie).

He's a Milestone Alum-wrote for Static Shock along with Justice League, Fresh Prince, American Crime, Martin, 3rd Watch, Platinum & Barber Shop the Series..
    American Way might get a movie?

God damn, that's some good news I wasn't expecting today.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

He's a Milestone Alum-wrote for Static Shock along with Justice League, Fresh Prince, American Crime, Martin, 3rd Watch, Platinum & Barber Shop the Series.

Thanks. I'm familiar with Static and Justice League, but I should check out American Way, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Thank you?

<- Old white guy, not current on modern slang.

The only reason why I think they wouldn't choose Zub is frankly because he's not african america. Certain people at marvel have sort of implied that's part of the equation. But if it's not, I would agree Zub is a very solid choice. His comics are all solid, and it would be a nice way to sort of finish off the story he's telling anyways. I wouldn't necessarily expect him to set the sales charts on fire, but I'm pretty sure he'd put out a very fun book. And frankly I'm not sure BP sales matter that much anyways as I assume marvel at this point will never cancel this book.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The only reason why I think they wouldn't choose Zub is frankly because he's not african america. Certain people at marvel have sort of implied that's part of the equation. But if it's not, I would agree Zub is a very solid choice. His comics are all solid, and it would be a nice way to sort of finish off the story he's telling anyways. I wouldn't necessarily expect him to set the sales charts on fire, but I'm pretty sure he'd put out a very fun book. And frankly I'm not sure BP sales matter that much anyways as I assume marvel at this point will never cancel this book.
    That's why I think they might give the book to him. With the movie coming out Bast knows when, and the "let's get a famous writer to do the book" experiment ending in failure, they are more likely to give the book to a placeholder writer... someone who can fill pages for a while until the next push.

Then I would be interested in what this guy would offer then. And If I were in charge i would also get Redjack a MK BP solo series so there were two different ongoings

Spectacular Member

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda anxious on how the last 3 issues of BP are gonna play out. I wanna see that Symbiot Killmonger v. Black Panther fight for real.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Not gonna lie, I'm kinda anxious on how the last 3 issues of BP are gonna play out. I wanna see that Symbiot Killmonger v. Black Panther fight for real.
    Last 3 issues are coming out September 2 2020.
    Last edited by skyvolt2000; 05-25-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    I'm always interested in ANY T'Challa/Killmonger fight given their history.

This one might not count in their official win/loss record since it's arguably a different Killmonger pulling the strings but still... it's another chapter in their history and that's always kind of a big deal. And it's an upgraded Killmonger against an upgraded T'Challa, so it'll be different from any fight we've had before.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I… it'll be different from any fight we've had before.
    Anti-climactic and offscreen!